Search

AARCMCC GP OFFROAD - ONLINE

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You know my answer HERE, HERE

Any news on event sponsorship?

Last edited by smelly62; 01-18-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cantona
the electric versions dont do as much damage to the track as the nitro versions. I seen a 8th buggy race at OCRC a couple of years ago the tight track was no problem at all for them.
yeah they race there but the track is as hard as rock and while the 1/8th do take small divots out of the track they also redo and change the layouts every 3-4 months usually. and on that track whilst they run them its pretty much a joke. there was no room to pass and they never got to open them up at all.

and speaking from personal experience as a marshall for that race at ocrc it was freaking crazy to marshall them on a small track like that. they were like missiles going everywhere!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Painy
It looks like AARCMCC will be dropping EP 8th scale offroad.

As we want to start holding 3 days events.

If we cut back the electric, we have a higher chance of this happening.
As it stands we never had more than 15 entries at a state title for electric, and in some cases it was only 5 cars running around.

Do most people like this direction.

Josh
top idea Painy. 3 days for state titles and Nats is the GO
Old 01-18-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ben73
top idea Painy. 3 days for state titles and Nats is the GO
Three for the states
Four for the nats, Maimly because of numbers
Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

I also agree with 3 day events. As WA State delegate many locals have said to me that they would prefer 3 day events due to cost/time savings I feel this will definately help with getting more people to state events.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Three days for state events is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All for keeping the Nats at four but if it went to three I wouldn't complain.

Can we increase finals to 15 cars as well to reduce the time it takes? The heats seem to work ok with this number.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChrisL
Three days for state events is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All for keeping the Nats at four but if it went to three I wouldn't complain.

Can we increase finals to 15 cars as well to reduce the time it takes? The heats seem to work ok with this number.
I agree Chris......... by running 15 car finals you would save a huge amount of time.

Say we had 150 drivers (typical numbers for Nats, QLD, NSW's) we would save around 2 hours by running 15 car finals verse the current 12 car finals.

Slyfox can certianly handle 15 car finals and I don't how we could fit the QLD's and NSW's state titles into 3 days with those sort of numbers and 12 car finals

Cheers

Mark
Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Thing
......I don't how we could fit the QLD's and NSW's state titles into 3 days with those sort of numbers and 12 car finals......
Stick to the rules and cap events at 120. Not ideal, but I reckon racing for 14 hours a day at NSW sucked some of the fun out of it. Word on the street was that the extra entries didn't cover the hire cost of the lights anyway. 15 car finals though- yes.

Good call on starting the thread, Mark.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

3 Day events and 15 car finals, sounds like a great step forward guys.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:34 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Is there any news on where the truggy nats will be held this year?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Truggy nats are in vic somewhere in December at this stage. Location and date are about to be announced.

1/8th electric are not going to be a part of aarcmcc state title events this year.

I know that South Australia and Vic are planning a 2 day state title meet for 1/8 electric only with a support class. We know people have electrics and love to race them but taking 3 cars to a state event is near impossible. So with a modified format to suit electric buggies and making it fit into a weekend should help numbers and for locals at least it means no days off. I know it doesn't go into an aarcmcc scoring system but besides the 5 or so top drivers that can go to all the events and then be able to make it to the worlds for ic off road the point system doesn't do much else for the average driver out there [like me].

Anyway were trying to keep this fun for everyone so throw your support behind it and come have some fun
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default 3day Title events

With 3 day State Titles ect; does this mean that the day before would be the only practice sessions or would there be less qualifying rounds run?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romeo_charlie33
With 3 day State Titles ect; does this mean that the day before would be the only practice sessions or would there be less qualifying rounds run?
Same amount of quals, but I think there shouldn't be any practice(just the usual one round of free and two controlled), defeats the purpose of 3 day events IMO.

You can shut me down now.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smelly62
Same amount of quals, but I think there shouldn't be any practice(just the usual one round of free and two controlled), defeats the purpose of 3 day events IMO.

The way it works (rather well) in Electric is that the track must be open for practice on the day immediately prior to the event (and 2 days prior for Nationals), but of course you can still drive club meetings, and those people who have regular access to the track will use it in the lead-up.

What often happens is that locals do a lot of their practice the weekend before the event, whilst those travelling turn up early and use the whole open practice day(s).

Having a designated day immediately before the event that is practice only means you can choose to come that day or not. It allows people a bit more flexibility than if heats started on the same day.

Also, because you guys have bump-ups qualifying is less crucial, so I would imagine that some people might even choose not to do any practice at all and set their car up in the qualifiers if given the option. But if you force people to do that then it gives the locals an advantage and creates an uneven playing field.

I think you're best off giving people the option and letting them choose.

Edit: It's worth pointing out that Maitland that has the NSW States this year is a track on council land open to the public when there is no racing taking place. Unless you have people stay there to stop people practising there is no way to prevent people driving on the track. So, people are going to practice whether it is official practice or not.

Last edited by Radio Active; 01-21-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smelly62

A three day event should be just that. If the track is open for practice on Thursday then it becomes just another four day event. The whole idea here is to reduce costs and keep a level playing field...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.