2009/10 MORRCC AGM, Sunshine Nirto 1/8 Offroad Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 04:10 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 2009/10 MORRCC AGM, Sunshine Nirto 1/8 Offroad Club

Hello Current and Former MORRCC Members,

The 2009/10 MORRCC AGM will be held at 6pm on Saturday the 8th of January at Melbourne RC and Hobbies, Factory 2, 5 Sara Grove, Tottenham. Melway Map Ref 41 B4

The committee has had a very tough time this year with all the rain and some of the senior committee members facing extreme family difficulties. Please read the attached presidents report document to understand the background of what has happened.

This is the members chance to form a completely new committee focused on hopefully rebuilding MORRCC to its former glory.

I myself resigned my position from the committee back in 2009, but in the effort of rebuilding the club have put my hand forward to help organise this annual general meeting.

The committee apologise sincerely for the lateness of this meeting and would appreciate your attendance.

Kind Regards,
Alan Nankervis on behalf of the MORRCC Committee

Melbourne Off Road Radio Car Club

President’s report

28/12/2010.

It has been brought to my attention that there have been a lot of upsetting reports about the current condition of the MORRCC Club of which I am currently President.
To all of the upset Members all current and non current I can only pass on my sincere apologies. I hope this letter helps to create an understanding of my apology and an understanding of the unfortunate condition of the committee and track of MORRCC.
I also pass on apologies to all MORRCC Committee members who have been put under pressure or undue stress from miscommunications and misunderstandings during the 2010 season.
This year has been a very poor year for racing due to a lot of rain and bad weather and also because of a lot of disorganization and lack of track maintenance both from the club committee and the club members. This in turn has led to a strong lack of interest and a lot of bad feedback from racers and members alike. This has not been an easy time for the Committee either with both tough financial times and a lot of changes in their personal lives. It must be understood that the rain and flooding has damaged the track to a point where it is difficult to repair in a short period of time and I still stand by the fact that the club should not have tried to repair the track in any short time as the money required would have been wasted as soon as it rained or flooded again which in most cases it would have been a week after any repairs were done. It is simply not safe to run on a muddy broken down track, which is a fact that all Victorian clubs have had to deal with this year.
In early June I was made aware of an attempt to organize an AGM by the committee but was not happy with the procedure and way it was done so I recalled the date and asked that it be done again so all members could be notified of the date for the AGM. I have had no further information passed to me in regards to the organization of the AGM for MORRCC from the committee.
It was brought to my attention in August that the Committee had chosen to vote a motion of no confidence in Myself and Lucas Letson the Club treasurer, this motion was based on my own lack of support in the helping to organize meetings between Melton council MORRCC to help with plans to propose a move of MORRCC to that area. It was at that stage that Lucas and I thought our commitment to the Club had been forfeited and we no longer were on the committee. Since that time the existing club committee members were left in control of MORRCC.
I have been very much aware and concerned that our secretary had not organized the AGM for the Club with the information that Luke Letson had passed to the Secretary at the time of Luke and my apparent standing down. I now know as of the 28/12/2010 that the secretary had passed in his resignation some time ago and I was not notified nor am I aware of his replacement.
I have now been thankfully notified that the Committee can not remove any member by simply voting them out in no confidence, as this place’s myself and Lucas Letson back on the committee we are now both excited to find that other members are interested in taking positions on the committee and moving the club forward once an AGM is organized.

Alan Nankervis, myself and Luke Letson, all of which are current club committee members, would like to organize the AGM for the soonest date possible so the club can move on and get up and running again.

It is important to note that the track will need a lot of hard work, blood sweat and tears to get back up and running. Alan Nankervis has organized the machines required to update the drainage at the track, get the lawns cut and to get the track back into shape. He can not do this job on his own, the club and its members will be required to put in some hard work to help get THEIR club up and running. Its is not the committees job alone to fix the track, all clubs need the help of its members. With good co-operation MORRCC can be up and running again for a summer racing season.

A clubs AGM is a very important time, please show your love for your sport and have your chance of putting your name on the new success of MORRCC in 2011.
I look forward to seeing new blood in the MORRCC committee and will answer any question you may have at the meeting.

My sincerest apologies to all club members and committee.

Club President

Brenden Mock
Old 01-02-2011, 02:07 PM
TIX
Tech Master

bump
Old 01-03-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

It would be great to get a big turn out & a fresh crew in - looking forward to dusting off the cobwebs and getting out there again

... by the way Tix - I noticed MBX6 (what??? No LOSI??)

Last edited by tooms; 01-04-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default AGM

giday

What come from the AGM held on the 8/1/2011?
Has MORRCC got a website ?

cheers dave
Old 01-19-2011, 11:46 AM
TIX
Tech Master

This Saturday and Sunday will will be continuing the mammoth task of cutting down all the overgrowth at Sunshine. It would be massivly appreciated if anyone with slashers and a little bit of time could attend to help with the clearing. We also need the pipes pulled up and pegs removed to clear way for a machine to come in and repair the track area. We also need to repair the fence at the right hand end of the track.
Glenn Cook and Ron Maya put in a massive effort last Sunday and have cleared the pit area and started the track.
There is still the whole area from the gate at the left side of the track right around to the top right corner to be cleared.
Savage Sam and I gave up a days work to meet a machine at the track on Tuesday to begin repairs to the drainage of the track.

The committee will be having a meeting on Sunday and we do ask that during this time we are given some space to keep the meetings length to a minimum. A lot of decisions are to be made and we will be happy to answer questions after the meeting

Anyone wishing to attend please contact Alan on 0402081825