On-Road electric - suitable indoor surface >

On-Road electric - suitable indoor surface

On-Road electric - suitable indoor surface

Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default On-Road electric - suitable indoor surface

Gidday Guys

I am looking at starting some Indoor electric on - road racing in my little home town of Pittsworth. My first of many questions , Is a polished basketball court surface suitable or not , also are their any clubs currently using this type of surface that someone can give me a contact for...

Thank you
Cheers Paul...
Old 12-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default drift

There is a track at Coffs Harbour using polished floor boards for drifting (if that is your thing) that is all it is good for
Old 12-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Got any other advice?

Originally Posted by floss
Gidday Guys

I am looking at starting some Indoor electric on - road racing in my little home town of Pittsworth. My first of many questions , Is a polished basketball court surface suitable or not , also are their any clubs currently using this type of surface that someone can give me a contact for...

Thank you
Cheers Paul...
You'd have to lay carpet, not loomed stuff but vinyl based like in nursing homes to protect the timber as well. They then tape/carpet join them and layout boards. Lot of work to lay/raise it and stow it..

Rubbers would upset the floor polishing person too. Din't mean to dampen, but if you do get it going, Pittsdworth Qld? We'll come and play
Old 12-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floss
Gidday Guys

Thank you
Cheers Paul...
I use to race on polished courts back in the 80's with 1/12
we used neoprene rubber ( which we got from the UK ) and put down a base of silicone and then a top coat of the same and rolled the two tires together to get some stipples , the traction was good . but started to fall off towards the end of a 8 min race,