Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
What happened to morrcc? >

What happened to morrcc?

What happened to morrcc?

Old 12-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default OK HERE WE GO

OK...... To answer the masses................. I am one of few and the main builder of the morrcc Off Road track and Most of what cantona has said is true, at the moment the current location ( AKA the dam ) and council ( AKA f#$%wits ) have done us no favours they continue to give us grief over our continuous asking for confirmation for our drivers stand and still with no answer or DATE TO WHICH WE CAN BUILD ONE..... So as it stands i and one other senior commitee member are in talks with Melton City Council for a new location at McPhersons Park and sports complex, they are very accommodating to our idea's and have given there full support at this stage, it is just there proceedures that we need to go through and it will be up and running soon, date at which is undisclosed currently.

We have a caretaker commitee at the moment ( 2 taking on every roll at the club being myself WILL and DAVE... 2 very commited people wanting to get the club back to it's glory days ) as the current hierachy have resigned, to which i will not comment on as this is not the way i work .....................

Now to the current location and track, YES i have closed the track as people where still driving on a water logged track which was destroying more than the weather was, and the little buggers that kept on cutting the fence and riding there motorbikes on it completly destroying our hard work at keeping it maintained, this was becoming draining on me and the few that helped with track maintenance, so closing was our only alternative MY APOLOGIES TO PEOPLE THAT WISHED TO USE IT.
THE AREA WE HAD BEEN ASSIGNED WAS JUST A DAM WAITING TO BE FILLED, and with the weather we have had here in Vic, has completed that, it is unworkable now and for some time to come, the track is in consideration to become a 1/5th BAJA track to cater for these enthusiusts so that will be what happens to our beloved 1/8th track.

Anybody wishing to know more can PM me here on this forum or contact me at [email protected] ( there is a under score after dirtmonkey in the email ) AND I'LL ANSWER TO BEST OF MY ABILITY.

SORRY TO THE MASSES AT THE SITUATION WE ARE IN BUT ALL WILL BE GOOD IN THE FUTURE. Hopefully this answers the questions that are floating around about our once GREAT CLUB

Cheers WILL VP.