R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   X-mas Present - Short Course Truck - Which one? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/455190-x-mas-present-short-course-truck-one.html)

RAST 11-23-2010 12:58 AM

X-mas Present - Short Course Truck - Which one?

I am looking for a Short Course Truck and just wanted some feed-back and suggestions. Places to buy the car as well as parts? (Don't mind buying overseas)

I have been looking at the following in order of preference -

HPI Blitz
Team Associated SC10
Traxxas Slash

Doesn't need to be a RTR as I have all the gear to put in it but am seeing that they are cheaper in most cases. Why???

Any other suggestions or things to keep in mind?

RETRO R/C 11-23-2010 01:16 AM

Hopefully there will be another choice VERY SOON - the Venom Gambler.

I hope to have mine to Debut at the St Ives track for the J Concepts clash.

I havent run enough SC to know what is best - however I would say that the Associated would be a good choice, followed by the Blitz then the Traxxas.......I beleive Kyosho's SC is a weapon as well. .... so many choices.

The Associated is pretty damn easy to pick parts up for and for that reason alone I reckon it would have to be an easy choice. That being said - the Venom will also have superb support - as Sydney is the Australian base.

Its all fun - buy what your mates run so you can share spares!! :)

Cheers

Darryn

stinky cheese 11-23-2010 02:17 AM

another option

Also check out the Team C ROAR Spec short course. I have one and they are supported locally and I won the Keilor Cup with one two weeks ago.

Cheeseman

scottk 11-23-2010 02:42 AM

Do you intend on racing it Robert ?
If yes FT Associated SC10
If no Standard Associated SC10 ;)
Scotty

Andrew Barr 11-23-2010 03:08 AM

AE Factory Team SC10 :nod:

RAST 11-23-2010 03:26 AM

Probably will want to give it a race every now and then.

RAST 11-24-2010 12:28 PM

Where would the beat place (good customer service, best price) to get either a

HPI Blitx
Team Associated SC10

cruiser198 11-24-2010 12:31 PM

X-Factory SCX-60

if you want the best then this is what you want :D

Tailend Racer 11-24-2010 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr (Post 8248317)
AE Factory Team SC10 :nod:

DITTO

Andrew Barr 11-24-2010 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by RAST (Post 8254889)
Where would the beat place (good customer service, best price) to get either a

HPI Blitx
Team Associated SC10

Not sure about hobby stores in QLD, but you could try RC Pit in Sydney (talk to Rube). Give him a call and the details are on the website www.rcpit.com.au

If you try overseas like Tower etc, the postage costs a huge (US$80 +) due to the size of the box.

RAST 11-25-2010 01:01 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

I think I will be going the HPI Blitz.

Does anyone know what the difference between the chassis of the Blitz vs Blitz ESE???

I know the ESE is a kit and you build it which is great but it seems to be more expensive than that of the RTR kit???

heavy 11-25-2010 02:19 PM

Robert - go the ESE. Has heaps of better quality parts, ti turnbuckles, ball diff, stiffer arms and shock towers etc etc, threaded al shocks etc

look here

Andrew Barr 11-25-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by RAST (Post 8259387)
Thanks for the help guys.

I think I will be going the HPI Blitz.

Does anyone know what the difference between the chassis of the Blitz vs Blitz ESE???

I know the ESE is a kit and you build it which is great but it seems to be more expensive than that of the RTR kit???

The ESE has a lot of performace upgrade bits compared to the base kit/rtr http://www.hpiracing.com/blitzESE/

MRIMPACT 11-26-2010 02:58 PM

ESE or FT SC10??

I drive the Blitz ese and it is a great truck to drive. Parts are not a problem here in brizvegas. OZRC stock what you want NTH side brissy and RC Hobbies down the coast cater for all your short course needs from 2wd to 4wd and they have an indoor clay track!!!:nod:
I have driven the rtr and the FT SC10 it is also a very nice truck to drive so really you can't go wrong with either the HPI Blitz ESE or the Associated FTSC 10 and the RTR versions of both are still good also.
Try RcShortcourse.com for all your short course info.
cheers
Rob M

RAST 11-27-2010 07:30 PM

Thanks. Will check them out.