RC Bathurst 1000

Old 10-09-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Just got home from Bathurst. Congratulations and a big thank you to the committee for organising such a great event. I had a ball and even came away with a few prizes. Just missed out on winning a radio by one place though.

Congrats to the winners on the day. Not only did they set a cracking pace but kept it up for 161 laps, an amazing effort.

Your right Soc, VB girls are HOT.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default WHAT A DAY

Big thankyou to all the drivers that came and made the day a great success.

Phil Phil Phil you little devil trying to make out with my VB Girls on the podium.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and YES if we get to hold this again next year I have already setup with the organisers of VB to have the girls there again.

Apparently we were on ABC news last night, did anyone see it.

If anyone gets a chance to see any publicity and get a copy of it please let us know, all publicity helps our cause for a permanent track.

Well I feel stuffed right now, but I am very proud of all who attended and drove and BIG THANKYOU goes to all who helped out to get the day happening and running.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Angry

Also well done to Daniel Weaver for winning the Top Ten Shootout.

yes it would of been great if there was a trophy for the shootout or even a little recognition for it at the presentation otherwise what was the point of running it???

starting pos in a 161 lap race meant nothing with the winners phil and matt being 21 laps clear at the end. My only great thing of the weekend was the shootout win and not getting any recognition for it really mad me

computer setup probs meant i was first under the bridge but after my first lap was in 16th the people that went through after 5 secs were in front???? hopefully this will get sorted for the next event.

So after all my efforts with my co driver to make the shoot out and win it our final disintegrated with 2 broken dogbones losing 12 mins in the pits and finishing on 3 wheels the true spirit of bathurst.

just one other thing WHEN WILL I BE GETTING MY SHOOT OUT TROPHY???????????????
Old 10-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lets hope Pirtek wins on Sunday too!!!

Smile Dangles, you have gloating rights for 12 months.

Unless you REALLY need another doorstop.

The Ox
Old 10-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default SHOOTOUT

1. Where in a Bathurst race have they received a trophy for for the top ten shootout

2. As Ox said you get bragging rights for winning the top ten shootout & get to be on poll position.

3. I'm sorry about the computer glitch, but did it affect your overall standing?

4. You were not the only one that lost parts or had damage, remember the surface we were running on.

5. And if you not getting a piece of plastic for the shootout has pissed you off that much then as president I will spend the $10 and get it for you.

By the way I forgot to thank my co driver Liz for the top effort on the day and to my grid girls - Allissa & Crystal.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Spend $10 and you can get $8 change!!!!!

ACT wallet sized doorstop is what Dangles is used to.

Anyone able to post final standings?

How did Team SOC and Jackthe Lad go?

The Ox
Old 10-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

actually they get a cheque for a large sum of money
every other race meet has a trophy for TQ i'm sure other drivers would have expected 1 but wouldnt have said anything like i have.
If thats the way pdnr want to hold race meetings then i'll remember that for the next one
Old 10-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default T'Q

Originally posted by dangles
actually they get a cheque for a large sum of money
every other race meet has a trophy for TQ i'm sure other drivers would have expected 1 but wouldnt have said anything like i have.
If thats the way pdnr want to hold race meetings then i'll remember that for the next one
Did you or did you not get a TQ trophy for for your Lite class?

I remember you getting one!
Old 10-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS to ALL the committee and members of PDNR.
2004 event was an absolute credit to all the organisers.

The mind boggles at the amount of organising and preparation that would have gone into the BATHURST event.

Team HUNTER HOLDEN had an absolute BLAST at your meet and are looking forward to 2005 event.
Probably one of the most fun events that we have been to in a long time, plenty of highs and lows, but that is all part of endurance racing.

Thanks for the trophies, EXCELLENT, and of-course the raffle prize was awesome.

Finally, the marshalls, Brilliant.
Wouldnt be a marshall for quids after seeing the way the were so overworked. Well done guys.
See you all again.

Cheers.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up a credit to all

As a two & a half year racer the bathurst event & thats what it was an event has been the most enjoyable race meet that i have been involved in, the oganizers can hold their head high.. awesome effort..the track surface gave that real endro feel , so unpredictable , the race was clean , bear in mind the track lay out made it so.it was slow which kep't high speed crashes to a minium...the number turn out was very mangeable.. to be involved in the big race & finish sixth & 3,rd Qualifer was my high lite as far ...WELL DONE TO ALL ..................
Attached Thumbnails RC Bathurst 1000-oct10749.jpg  
Old 10-10-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up IMPRESSED

LIKE TO SAY ALSO CONGRATS TO PHILL & MATT FOR A VERY WELL RAN RACE , JUST TO GOOD GUYS !!!!!! ,& TEAM HUNTER GREAT EFFORT........
Old 10-10-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default WHAT'S NEXT ?

O, emu ! that satuday you have booked for that rainy day!Any chance of a sandown 500 ( for the PDNR CUP ?) keeping with that V8 touring car theme, just a thought !!!!!!!!!!, just its a great look.......
Old 10-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SOC & Jack, had a good time, but engine problems ended the day early. Young Jack can hold his head high, he drove like the champ he is. We were set for a top ten qualifing position untill flame outs in the last round. We started from 17th on the Grid & Jack weaved his way through the traffic without incident to claim 4th spot, a couple of flame outs sent us back down the order, but the pitcrew got it sorted & Jack went on a charge & was progressing up the order nicely when he got belted & tore the pipe off & caused the engine to seize. I havent pulled it apart yet to see what let go. One day in a few years I will be able to tell people proudly that I was Jacks co driver at the 1st RC Bathurst 1000

I also must say a big thankyou to Splitty for taking Mark on as a Co Driver. The poor bugger didnt get out for a lap in his car due to electrical issues that we couldnt fix. He drove about 50 laps in the final & had a ball. Splitty being the good bloke he is let Mark keep the trophy which made his day. Then as an added bonus he collected some top prizes for the hard luck award, fortunatly for me a xxl shirt doesnt fit the little fella so I scored the RB shirts & Pop picked up the VB ones Then Splitty loaned Mark the ever reliable V-one-S to run his spot in the B final & he picked up 4th in the drive of his life. Mark had a top day thanks to Splitty & for that I am very gratefull. Also well done to Mark for selling 3 or 4 books of Raffle tickets, that will get you in the Treasurers good books for sure

Lastly I have to say I have never been more proud to be a member of PDNR with the feedback we have recieved from the event from both racers & the crowd. Also what about the marshals in the final, hats off to you guys extrodinary effort. They earnt their prize packs 10 times. Special mention to the President I dont think he got a bonus for the marshaling effort, but after about 20 mins he was out on his feet & he just kept on going. Without the guys marshalling the final wouldnt have been the spectacle it was & they all did it as volunteers, they wernt aware of the prize packs until it was all over.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up echo echo echo

yes soc123 , like to echo those remarks , there's so many committed people to thank , to many to mention , but we know & you guys know is what counts ......... once again thankyou ! for those who missed out , well allways next year...........can't wait 364 days to go !

Last edited by "onsong"; 10-10-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool

What an event, also would like add my congrats to the PDNR organisors and comittee members. The level of organisation, not to mention the sponsorship was extroadinary.
My first time racing for more than 6 mins was great. And has left me hungry for more of the same.
Learnt a lot, and hope to put that to good use next year. I certainly will be there next year, if on again.
My thanks to my pit crew, John and Lee, their efforts made my day a personal success. Like many others, I had mechanical probs to, but due to the efforts of my pit crew, managed to finish.
Can't wait for the next one,

schroda

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.