Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track? >

What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track?

What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track?

Old 06-21-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track?

What is the funniest thing uve ever seen happen at the track!
Old 06-21-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a woman racer who was once a man!!!

and coming second place to that, a SA racer, coming down off the rostrum at the 1999 maitland offroad nationals, about ready to try and deck todd trower (who's also a cop and built like a absolute tank) after an indiscretion with him during the race.

This guy was known to get a little bit hot headed and has since been banned from a few tracks here and there. Serve's him right too.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Recently saw virr go into the lake at the penrith venue at full speed!!! most amusing to see the owner out in the water with a torch looking 4 his convertible first 4 me never seen a car go from car to sub before! and the poor sod in the water it was 7 degrees outside ( for those who dont know we race at night) now thats dedication 4 you
Old 06-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking And Then

It twas the Most Amusing Thing, seeing that Car Go in the Water, But what was more Amusing was Watching someone attempting to drive an 1/6 Whipper Snipper Last week, in Off Road Truck.........

Quite Amusing, Seen Pensioners with better reflexes.

And Then

Old 06-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Funniest thing i've seen was on a windy day and one of the tarps wasn't bolted down properly and the wind picked it up, Went OVER the top of the race control shed and landed in the middle of the race track.

It was so funny hey texan boy He knows who he is hehehehe.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: And Then

Originally posted by andthen
It twas the Most Amusing Thing, seeing that Car Go in the Water, But what was more Amusing was Watching someone attempting to drive an 1/6 Whipper Snipper Last week, in Off Road Truck.........

Quite Amusing, Seen Pensioners with better reflexes.

And Then

wonder if i could my nitro mini t ? drive round under behind would be interesting dont you think?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking And Then

I think you could Drive Your Mini T, and Still Win...........

I might have to go out to the Garage, pull my Ryobi apart, and see what I can fi it in........

Nitro Racing Not Victa Bland 2 Stroke Racing

Old 06-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

u need honda power ryobi dont even make a good whippersnipper
Old 06-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A friend of mine's F201 done in Jaguar colours/logos start smoking due to shorted out wires. Reminded everyone on the track that day of the real Jaguar F1 car.

Any Mini race.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:25 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Burlap
Any Mini race.
... more specifically, Mini race at TFTR where someone's entered 1 lone Micro RS4. Talk about a fox & hounds race!!

The little yellow Viper TQs and heads up the final grid... until one of the Minis catches up, runs it over and its DNF for the little yellow thing.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default He has gotta be rich $$$

Funniest think i have ever seen at the race is at last years wintercup in the A final a dudes car was round the first corner of the first lap and like a wheel feel off and this guy must of had a bad night or something cause he just goes ...uck it and launched his digital transmitter of the driver stand onto the concrete below blowing the crap out of it and it was one of those crazy ass ones that is like the size of a laptop, good forum.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: He has gotta be rich $$$

Originally posted by team_tamiya
Funniest think i have ever seen at the race is at last years wintercup in the A final a dudes car was round the first corner of the first lap and like a wheel feel off and this guy must of had a bad night or something cause he just goes ...uck it and launched his digital transmitter of the driver stand onto the concrete below blowing the crap out of it and it was one of those crazy ass ones that is like the size of a laptop, good forum.
please make this story perfect by telling me it was a young kid that has his hobby funded like a f1 team by his father!

i remember a very seasoned electric racer doing a similar dummy spit at EC for one of the MECAS i think it was a wheel issue that was the insitigation to the "camel's back" breaking.

i also was told of a guy who was marshelling at mbank once and a 1;8th scale on the straight at full flight, knocked him of his feet and he landed flat, face first, on the ground.

personally, i love the young spoilt kids dummy spits....YOU JUST KNOW THAT THEY AINT GONNA LAST LONG IN THE HOBBY WITH THAT ATTITUDE!

how about this one; around 2years ago, at my first state titles for nitro, alex k was arguing with stewart grant about weather his 20mm fronts (they looked like setup wheels hahaha) should be allowed or not....ok, so it doesn't sound funny but picture a stocky guy arguing with a big bloke ...ok so it's really only funny to me

funny or sad, not sure what it falls into, the use of illegal recreational drugs to "calm yourself down". synonymous with one racer.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

The best thing I have ever seen was last month at Castle Hill offroad track.

I got bored and cabletied everybodys feet to the drivers stand.

Nothing funnier than watching 8 guys try to leave the stand at the same time.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

Watching your own car flip and land back on it's wheels after 5 full rolls

What took the cake was that one night...when starting out..in novice.. i was knocked around...saying "bugger this" i decided to go in reverse around the track..not only did i keep up with the other racers...when it was time to turn around...it was half way through a reverse 180 the car picked up...stood on its back (therefore the car is vertical now) and flips and lands on its wheels in the right direction. Alot of claps...unfortunately it was more ass than class

Go the TA03F for that..
Old 06-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Car Stalling

The Same Car ever Week Stalls after 2 Laps, you think they would just Fix it.....................or stay at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.