Lansvale

Old 08-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Lansvale- its back

if morons didnt frequent the track, we wouldnt have to advise that everyone goes to lrrcc instead

Last edited by Dr freedom; 10-03-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great work Doc, Vic and the rest! We owe you guys big time!!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

nah mate .. its all of us, including yourself, that use it as to whose to be thanked

if nobody used it, they wouldnt give a stuff (sif councils give a stuff anyways )

Ill post a couple of pics on the weekend.

The only bit they left off is the new straight running up the side.
No biggie.. most people didnt use it anyways.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

nice one ! .. running there will sure bring back some memories

electric ? gas ?

1/10th ? 1/8th ?

cheers & good luck
Old 08-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

The only ones who struggle with it are the 1/5 guys, they generally end up on the land next to the track itself as its too tight for them. Other than that, run what you like .. nitro, brushless.

The real irony of it all is the council planner who pulled the old track apart, was the planner that we had our meeting with to discuss rebuilding it

For nostalgic reasons as well as the expected benefits, earlier this year we dug out of the ground 4 of the old concrete corner markers to use .. plenty of older people notice them.

Imo its the perfect area for r/c .. the land next to it gets plenty of plane & heli action, the lakes (roughly 500m down the road) get plenty of gas, nitro & brushless boats thrashing in it.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

doc and his gang delivers!!!

are you posting the plans on here or is it some where else?

edit - nvm i just realised you said it would be the same as now.

Last edited by kai888; 08-23-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr freedom View Post
The current layout will be the same, it will also be fenced in (approx. 400mm) & they will finalise the drivers stand with me soon also.
:

400mm fence ??????? That is a very small fence

Congrats on getting the old BORMAC track area up and running again. Now all you need is the numbers that used to run at BORMAC and you will have a very successful club
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I had to read the original post twice, I thought the old Magic Kingdom was coming back

(anyone have a lazy $2.2M, its for sale, and you can still see the old track: http://www.realcommercial.com.au/com...estate/5417794)

Back to topic:

Congrats on your track, I drive past regularly on the weekends and it is always packed!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cannon View Post

Congrats on getting the old BORMAC track area up and running again. Now all you need is the numbers that used to run at BORMAC and you will have a very successful club
its not a club its Dr Freedoms rc gang, no membership fees just an initiation process

i don't think Doc wants to start a club, its more just a place for everyone and anyone to come and have a bash.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cannon View Post

its just an external fence to stop the dirty bike riders from ripping it up & to stop people rolling teh tyres onto teh road.. well Ive never seen that happen, although the council has considered its risk.
The council wanted a club, its not a race track though.. everyone who uses it doesnt want to have to pay one cent to do as such, me included, I pay enough rates & taxes
We get numbers, they are not consistent enough for a club though.. its a social track, have something to eat, have a beer, run your car when you like, everyone helps each other out.

Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
I had to read the original post twice, I thought the old Magic Kingdom was coming back

(anyone have a lazy $2.2M, its for sale, and you can still see the old track: http://www.realcommercial.com.au/com...estate/5417794)

Back to topic:

Congrats on your track, I drive past regularly on the weekends and it is always packed!
nah thats not the old track on henry lawson.. google earth took its pictures before the tyres & whatnot were put in place in 08
however I cant thank you enough for the magic kingdom memory.. I loved that place.

still, stop past & come say hi

Originally Posted by kai888 View Post
its not a club its Dr Freedoms rc gang, no membership fees just an initiation process

i don't think Doc wants to start a club, its more just a place for everyone and anyone to come and have a bash.
rc gang, what the.. .. its yours just as much as it is mine you goose
Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hope the council doesn't sit on their ass and take forever, can't wait for the drivers stand its going to be great.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As an origanal member of the BORMAC club,
I think it's great you guys got it going again,good luck with the council,

Keep us updated,RE;meetings ETC.

Well done fellas,
Old 08-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

just a short video of the track

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by kai888; 08-24-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

thats an old vid .. mobile phone job?

doorz, come past for a drive.. youll love seeing the old concrete corners lol .. they make me feel like a kid again.
we dont have a club, so no meetings .. its more a place that everyone knows each other, new people show up all the time, people always pull up in their cars for a look with the kids, new people with new cars all the time, lots of questions & lots of help, its great, a huge mix.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dr freedom View Post
thats an old vid .. mobile phone job?

doorz, come past for a drive.. youll love seeing the old concrete corners lol .. they make me feel like a kid again.
yeah n97 mini, its the only video i got not bad for a phone video i recon looks pretty clear, its from back in the days when you were still running nitro

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.