R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Foam recommendations (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/42824-foam-recommendations.html)

wrxmy99 06-14-2004 05:08 PM

Foam recommendations

Hey all

Taking the jump into foams. Any recommendations for starting Shores for Ellegris?

Running a XRay FK in Mod...at Northside.

I was thinking 40s all round and maybe a softer set for the rear just in case....

Cheers

A

Besercoe 06-14-2004 07:20 PM

Personally i prefer the ellegi brand, for Northside cause it is always so dirty i prefer to stick with softer compounds, you can go as low as 35, i also do not like rears on front ar NS, makes the car too inconsistent. i would say stay in the 35 37 range.

wrxmy99 06-14-2004 07:37 PM

Thanks Brad.

Care to PM any setups :blush:

Besercoe 06-14-2004 07:40 PM

Originally posted by wrxmy99
Thanks Brad.

Care to PM any setups :blush:

Sorry running a MISSION 2 at the moment.
With the sexray get a hold of the short arms, these are very good and make the car a lot more agressive, try Blue springs rear shocks pretty vertical, 30wt oil, 3 holes open. std wheelbase, that should give you a good starting point.

wrxmy99 06-14-2004 07:58 PM

Yup got the factory kit with all the fruit....short arms etc.

Besercoe 06-14-2004 09:00 PM

I do not have the FK, but have only heard good things, a lot of people have just been running kit setup just with harder springs, the stock guys have been going up to purple or red, for mod try blue or violet.

Coxy 06-14-2004 09:12 PM

How much did you end up getting it for.

Coxy.

NR 06-15-2004 01:21 AM

Originally posted by Coxy
How much did you end up getting it for.

Coxy.

Are we going to see a Xray going around with a black and pink body on it with crc on the side soon??:nod: :nod: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Kennedy 06-15-2004 03:41 PM

You get your brushless back yet? Mine came back last week.... full repalcement sealed in the box without charge!!!! Very happy :p :p :p

Coxy 06-15-2004 11:12 PM

Originally posted by Xray Kid
Are we going to see a Xray going around with a black and pink body on it with crc on the side soon??:nod: :nod: :sneaky: :sneaky:
Ummm could be good, the car looks to be a very good package. But I would have to copy the Team paint Banana like BK and DC. Maybe after you sponsorship runs out with them I might get a look in.

Coxy.

wrxmy99 06-16-2004 06:38 AM

Originally posted by Kennedy
You get your brushless back yet? Mine came back last week.... full repalcement sealed in the box without charge!!!! Very happy :p :p :p
Yup got a brand new one, fully sealed and all just like yours....its in the For Sale Thread with some other goodies if you want a spare ;)