Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you, the family man race?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default How often do you, the family man race?

Just wondering how often Husbands/fathers get to race,
I race every 2 weeks except a few times a year I'll race 2 weekends in a row but I don't get it in leu when it's rained out( which has ben a lot recently)
I suppose it would be good if we can get a general concensouse of what is reasonable and maybe write up a contract with some finer detail to propose to our partners, kinda like an RC Union
cheers
Steve
Old 08-04-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
Just wondering how often Husbands/fathers get to race,
I race every 2 weeks except a few times a year I'll race 2 weekends in a row but I don't get it in leu when it's rained out( which has ben a lot recently)
I suppose it would be good if we can get a general concensouse of what is reasonable and maybe write up a contract with some finer detail to propose to our partners, kinda like an RC Union
cheers
Steve

I race at least once a fortnight however when I can get away with it I will race maybe every weekend for a few weeks.. mind you I race in my head all the time.. Visualisation excercises you know how it is
Old 08-04-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rubedude
I race at least once a fortnight however when I can get away with it I will race maybe every weekend for a few weeks.. mind you I race in my head all the time.. Visualisation excercises you know how it is
Yeah but when you race every weekend for a few weeks do you then have to pay for that by missing out of your "normal" racedays,
Just trying to gauge the slack some missuses give their fellas
Old 08-04-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As a seperated dad, I try to get to the track every weekend. 1 weekend my girls race, then the other week I get to race.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Good Question

My Situation.

Beautiful wife, four fantastic kids (under 6) & a stupid cat.

I try and get out to race at least 3 times every couple of months, but I need to pick my times carefully and plan it in advance. I also put in the extra hard yards to get some brownie points. That goes a long way .
Old 08-04-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I try my hardest to race every second Tuesday at sma, most weekends are out with 2 little ones, wife and a stupid dog!!

But yer not as easy as it would be if you were single

With the rain of late and work, it will probably be like 6 weeks since I have raced.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Harlet's fingers are hurting right now, he said to put on here "whenever he feels like it"
Myself usually 2 meets a month.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Looks like i'm one of the lucky ones.

I have a wife and twins and i can go ANY time i like.
The misses has never complained about or tried to stop me going racing.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 1977

I started racing in 1977 and went to 1992, Karts from 92 to 05 and RC from then. Anytime I want to go, I go, but as long as you buy the Boss anything she wants. Trouble is, my wife likes diamonds, gold and clothes, so you have to be fair. The ONLY thing is, and I have been married for 39 years, DONT tell her how much things cost or you will be buying all the above things and not have enough left for anything esle.
Aussie Bob
Old 08-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

no kids yet, but 2 beagles and a wife. still have to use the 'rc brownie points system' ... currently I've let them build up and have not raced for nearly 2 months... got some state titles coming up i've had to save for
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hardly ever........ 2 kids and a mrs that does photography so that doesnt leave much racing for me. I did however pick up a new CX3 yesterday so I can amuse myself and the kids at home

Not as bad as my mate LOSI123 though, poor guy doesnt get much racing in either.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The secret is - have 4 sons and get them all into racing then you will get all the track time you want - warning - it can be expensive with 5 racing.

Then after they all quit or go to live in Tasmania you have to have a little trackside business and you just have to go to the meet to deliver some parts - near perfect.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
The secret is - have 4 sons and get them all into racing then you will get all the track time you want - warning - it can be expensive with 5 racing.

Then after they all quit or go to live in Tasmania you have to have a little trackside business and you just have to go to the meet to deliver some parts - near perfect.
LOL....

My brother seems to fund time when no other arrangements have been made... It seems to be a case of balancing "her" fun time with yours.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by heavy

Yep.. "I" started off thinking we might take turns.. Then it was all them... Then it became "their" cars, so "I" slipped into full time Pitman. In 2 years, I think Ive "raced" three times. Was about tio sign up for Qlds.. work snagged me.:/
Old 08-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I love my wife, she lets Jordan & I race any time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.