R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Tamiya-Shop.com.au Experience (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/422454-tamiya-shop-com-au-experience.html)

LordAnubis 08-03-2010 02:12 AM

Tamiya-Shop.com.au Experience

I've got a thread in the electric section but figure it may be a bit more useful here...

So i used this shop (www.tamiya-shop.com.au) once a while back and the shipping took about 2 weeks to get to me, but i got the items as described.

I put an order in a few days ago for a few more things, checked out and paid using Credit card, the money has passed as shown on my credit card statement and now they send me an email saying i ahve to pay again because they didn't receive the moeny the first time.

Seems like they are not trustworthy to me. Will let you folks know what the outcome is.

Badmuthatrucker 08-03-2010 02:30 AM

I never had heard of these people, and I have worked for the Tamiya distributors in Aus and I have a pretty good feeling they would never set up a web shop like this. So, I just checked their "About us" and don't be fooled by the .au bit. They are based in Hong Kong http://www.tamiya-shop.com.au/shop/-i-5.html

Not saying because they are based in a Chinese state they are shonky, there are plenty of good Honkers based sellers and shops, but the name/url is misleading.

LordAnubis 08-03-2010 03:00 AM

Yeah i know they are not in australia. That's not the problem. They charged me for an item, which is now showing up on my statement, and are claiming i have not paid them.

fairgo 08-03-2010 03:03 AM

Just ring your bank , cancel your transaction and they will walk you thru the steps

Badmuthatrucker 08-03-2010 05:45 AM

Good advise. Probably more like incompetent accounting than scamming though. Equally as bad for us customers.

nevb 08-03-2010 04:30 PM

adriano87dj 08-03-2010 11:17 PM

definately contact your credit card company.
Tell them to reverse and cancel the transaction... to be honest - id not try buy from them again and take the business elsewhere.

Few issues with this mob... read up the following link... seems to me they are dodgy... not even registered with an ABN :rolleyes:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281870

Badmuthatrucker 08-04-2010 12:57 AM

They are not Australian... so no need for an Australian Business Number.

LordAnubis 08-04-2010 02:18 AM

So, after several emails back and forward, they asked me for some "proof" that i am who i say i am and i live where i say i do... so i sent them a small highly edited (cencsored all the important bits) top half of my credit card statement showing my name and my address.... then they asked me why my home address is different to the shipping address (my work address) even though on the order my billing address was stated as my home address !!!!

After all that messing around it seems they are now "processing" my order... so i'm betting it will be at least 3 weeks away.

I too would say that they are not scammers, just ridiculously incompetent and all whom are considering buying from them should not do so unless you have ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER OPTION !!!!!

LordAnubis 08-17-2010 02:39 PM

So just to close off this topic. I received my item just fine... it's jsut the hassles that you go through to get there !!!

Safe to say i wont bother using these guy again... not when there are so many other hassle-free stores out there.

drstrangelove 02-06-2012 09:37 PM

Do not use this guy, the seems to have so many online store, Australia, New Zealand, Hongkong and many more.

They seems to have all kind of RC item you ever needed but I think they don't have any of the items in stock.

I order a list of items (about US$600 plus) thinking I might save on delivery charges, waited for nearly 1 week and still showing order processing, email them and same standard answer that "If some item not available, it will take longer". I told them that ALL the items I ordered are shown In Stock, not back-order, out of stock or low on stock. But you will get the same reply that "if some item not avaialbel, it will take longer".

I than email them again asking which items not available so that I can cancel those items and delivery those available items, but I get the same answer again that they are processing my order and as stated on the website it will take about 5 working days for them to process my order BUT if some item not available it will take longer.

I gave up and call them but the customer service guy is SO rude, aren't really interested to entertain you and the standard, if item not available it will take longer.

I ask him how long is longer? "Sorry, we don't know, it will take longer". WTF!

Get them to cancel my order and he's happy to do that after giving him a piece of my mind on their service.

Call up my bank and get them to take note of this hold amount and I finally got the hold amount cleared.

Seriously, if you have unlimited time to wait for your items, you can consider them, if not, STAY AWAY from them.

Losiho 02-06-2012 10:06 PM

Yup, I can also recommend people stay away from this mob.

I've made 4 orders from them in the last few months. The first order was for a radio system - it arrived with the oem box just wrapped in an express post pack envelope - hardly safe or secure wrapping :rolleyes:

The next 2 orders were items that were apparently "in stock" on their website. After waiting weeks for them to process my order, I was sent an e mail saying they could not get the items in stock.

They have done this to me again on the third order. Unlike the previous two orders, this time I won't be taking a store credit again and have demanded a refund.

Won't be ordering from them again. Beware.....

rchobbiestAU 01-08-2013 07:51 PM

Do not use these guys

Yeah these guys ended up ripping me off for about $100, not delivering goods, faulty items, no refund, no return. I just had their website taken down. Their other website is .co.nz Don't use them either.
Hobby King in HK (UK owned I believe) has always been reliable for me, as well as Sunshine Hobbies sunshinehobbies.com.au

pmac 01-08-2013 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by rchobbiestAU (Post 11651715)
Yeah these guys ended up ripping me off for about $100, not delivering goods, faulty items, no refund, no return. I just had their website taken down. Their other website is .co.nz Don't use them either.
Hobby King in HK (UK owned I believe) has always been reliable for me, as well as Sunshine Hobbies sunshinehobbies.com.au

Good work. I can't believe they had a .com.au without an ABN. You have to prove you are an Australian business to have one!

marksl 01-08-2013 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by pmac (Post 11652100)
Good work. I can't believe they had a .com.au without an ABN. You have to prove you are an Australian business to have one!

I'm sure that website is back up I was going to order from them last week, but their delivery fees were stupid for what I was ordering.