Club Liability Insurance Talk about fun police

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Liability Insurance Talk about fun police

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 04:35 AM

Thanks guys for all the feed back.
Thanks to aussie racer his help invaluable. We are sorted for another 12months with the advandage of monthly payment keeps the cash flow nice, now we can be sure to be able to use those nice shiny new transponders.

I still think we ( the rc community) should use our combined numbers to try and lobby some companies for group deals just a personal view.

We have a great way of getting people away from the side of the track. They come to watch rc cars, no comply with our direction. Racing stops then and there peer group presssure soon fixes the issue. Nothin like a rc race who cant race due to fools to make a very vocal piont
Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
camry20

Did you know that the Insurance Council of Australia's average Liability claim amount is?

It's between $50,000 and $90,000.

And that doesnt include the average $10,000 to $25,000 for legal costs either.

Image how many policies it take to pay those claims.

Especially when you take out the Terrorism tax, GST and local stamp duties of each state. Meaning for most $1,000 premiums the companies get from the clubs they take home $700-$800 to pay claims with. Now that's a lot of policies needed to pay claims with as all insurance is on a pooling clients premiums to pay claims and business expenses and hopefully make some profit.

And not lets forget the "kids" factor. Anything involving kids of any age is looked on as scary by insurance companies and the "unknown factor" of what they can do is always there.

I dont like paying higher insurance more than anything else but until we change our thinking of suing everyone for everything premiums will remain high.

Also our "sport" like this is looked on with little understanding due to laymens thinking it is full sized motorsport and when you mention the word "nitro" they freak.

But enough of standing on my soapbox.

I work in the industry and have orgainsed several polices for clubs and premiums average $900 to $1300 depending on state and if nitro or electric.

Just be aware that the killer is the paper work as very few people in the insurance industry have a good idea of what RC is or a club does and as with all liability forms they need full descriptions to understand us.

If anyone wants anyinformation leave a message as it will notify me of any more emails.

CHEERS

Old 06-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

terrorism tax,i was of the assumpion insurance companys won`t cover acts of terrorism
Old 06-09-2004, 03:28 PM
camry20

No they dont but the Australian Government has set up a "fighting fund to provide a limited coverage on any acts of terrorism.

This is only charged on business insurance policies and rated according to the risk such as a large CBD office bock is more expensive than a small office in the suburbs.

The tax works like the Ansett Levy all passangers paid, but business pay it as they are meant to be the most at risk.

Dont know how a terrorist would see a RC track as a risk though?

:mad

Old 06-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Camry20 YGPM.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Post Surely if.....

Competitors and spectators had to sign a liability waiver you'd be covered and save a fortune. No signee no watchee or raceyee it's that simple.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Re: Surely if.....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
Competitors and spectators had to sign a liability waiver you'd be covered and save a fortune. No signee no watchee or raceyee it's that simple.
Just what would the insurance be for then?

As I understand it as a competitor you are not covered under most policies. So if you fall over and break your leg, tuff luck.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Never used to be like this in the old days.....If you hurt yourself or got hurt....You go home and get over it and learn from your mistakes.....
If you get hit by a car, Then you should not have been that close to the race track in the 1st place....It's your own fault if you get hurt......
All this insurance shit is bullshit......It all started in America. Everyone sueing everyone and now it has come to australia....
Old 06-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Post Pretty much tough luck but then again you should have been more careful.....

it would just mean if some pratt lets their kid get in the way or some driver slips of the drivers stand for example they can't sue your arse off, sure there taken to the hospital etc etc and all care is given but it means your responsible for your own actions.

If they sign it you don't need liability insurance.

The local race track for full size cars here has open days where you can do 5 laps for $10 but you have to sign a bit of paper (before they will let you on the track) that says basically you wont sue their arse off if you have an accident...same thing applies here.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Exactly....

Originally posted by Stonzy
Never used to be like this in the old days.....If you hurt yourself or got hurt....You go home and get over it and learn from your mistakes.....
If you get hit by a car, Then you should not have been that close to the race track in the 1st place....It's your own fault if you get hurt......
All this insurance shit is bullshit......It all started in America. Everyone sueing everyone and now it has come to australia....

Old 06-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i dont think we can full blame the americans for this, sure they may have started the trend but it didnt take long for australians to get into the swing of things now its us that is the most litigious society in the world... i have a laugh when in westfield thay have security guards guarding spill to stop people form slipping and making a claim - westfield knows the australian psyche!

i actually believe the pom's are miss-named, having lived in the uk for 12mths, i think it tends to be australians who whinge

and the number of young people ive met that believe they are "owed a living" staggers me

but hey these are bigger social questions... you complain about high premiums look more introspectivly

organise or race at an event that has no insurance at your own risk - lawyers will go looking for cash anywhere they can find it (and thats not because they are bad people - its because its what they are paid to to by someone probaably not that much different to you)
Old 06-10-2004, 04:49 PM
camry20

CONTACT,

you are so right in that, but you need to look at the big picture here.

Lets see average person with mortagee, car loan several kids with fees to pay maybe even a credit card debit. Well what do they do if injured.

Look at the "No Win No Fee" statements by lawyers.

Hey maybe we can get $50,000 to clear the debits and live a bit more comfortable? Well lets git a go then.

Simple reasoning is that we are all greedy and want more so if we can get it hassle free why not.

Just look at the lawyers jumping up and down about the legislation for restricting claims payout on a scale basis up to $350,000 in Vic and NSW.

Half of some of the largest litigation lawyers in these cities are or are going to lay off there staff and there is no cases for the to argue.

Shows you how much the lawyers love and make big money with this sought of laws.

They all thing insurance companies are faceless orgaisations with unlimited fund and dont remember that all the claims they pay just means wee the little clubs running for fun have to pay heaps more just to race.

Makes you miss the local netball courts with a couple of mates just having fun doesnt it.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Pretty much tough luck but then again you should have been more careful.....

Originally posted by Mabuchi540
If they sign it you don't need liability insurance.

The local race track for full size cars here has open days where you can do 5 laps for $10 but you have to sign a bit of paper (before they will let you on the track) that says basically you wont sue their arse off if you have an accident...same thing applies here.
Apparently the bit of paper in Australia is not worth much at all.
Unless there is formal training practices in place the signature in some places is invalid.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by camry20
They all thing insurance companies are faceless orgaisations with unlimited fund and dont remember that all the claims they pay just means wee the little clubs running for fun have to pay heaps more just to race.
there is a direct conflict of interest here, the company has to make a profit for the investors and that directly conflicts with making any payouts... insurance companies want their cake and they want to eat it!

hardly faceless - i like many others have iag shares and am happy to cash the dividend cheque every 1/2, how ever restricting legitimat claims with a payout cap is unfair, what is need is more realistic judgements for petty claims...imho
Old 06-13-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default cost.

How much is your insurance coverage for, and how much is it costing for the year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.