R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   Yeah, so.. R/C boats. Anybody know much about them ? v.sydney rain (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/404967-yeah-so-r-c-boats-anybody-know-much-about-them-v-sydney-rain.html)

vikingen 06-03-2010 04:35 PM

Yeah, so.. R/C boats. Anybody know much about them ? v.sydney rain

This rain in Sydney is seriously giving me the you-know-whats, and more is predicated for the entire month of June :cry:

Onroad, offroad, gas and electric.. they are ALL stuck on the shelf.

So, that leaves BOATS.

Are they raced/run anywhere around Sydney ? I'm guessing R/C boats is a 'rain hail or shine' thing right ? With the whole 'already wet' thing going on

I remember seeing them being run back in the day at narrabeen, opposite the sports academy, but it may have been more about r/c sailing, steam and tug boats. Nothing too fast.

Share with me the r/c pain of this Sydney rain :cry:

black-knight 06-03-2010 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by vikingen (Post 7494681)
This rain in Sydney is seriously giving me the you-know-whats, and more is predicated for the entire month of June :cry:

So, that leaves BOATS.

Are they raced/run anywhere around Sydney ? I'm guessing R/C boats is a 'rain hail or shine' thing right ? With the whole 'already wet' thing going on

I remember seeing them being run back in the day at narrabeen, opposite the sports academy, but it may have been more about r/c sailing, steam and tug boats. Nothing too fast.

RC Hovercraft might be the ideal choice lol.

fleetmaster 06-03-2010 04:51 PM

Yep, monthly racing on the detention basin at Penrith Lakes.
Here you go :
http://www.modelboatclubofnsw.com/

vikingen 06-03-2010 04:56 PM

I wonder if they hate drought like we hate rain ? :p

mtbkym01 06-03-2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by vikingen (Post 7494681)

So, that leaves BOATS.

When you get torrential rain for 4 months, speak to me then :flaming: Like in Northern Australia

vikingen 06-03-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by mtbkym01 (Post 7494792)
When you get torrential rain for 4 months, speak to me then :flaming: Like in Northern Australia

fair call. bet it dries out in 4 minutes though :o

nckmat 06-03-2010 05:27 PM

Yep my BJ26 is looking more usable than the BJ4 this weekend.:lol: Might head out to Parramatta Park and give it a go there with the new LiPo's.

However, there are a bunch of us from Ryde looking for an undercover area to go for a bash on Saturday afternoon, if you're keen check our thread tonight and tomorrow morning.

mtbkym01 06-03-2010 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by vikingen (Post 7494824)
fair call. bet it dries out in 4 minutes though :o

Not quite...does take a few weeks to dry out, the place almost turns into a swamp...The benefits are that at the moment, we are getting 28 degree days with barely any cloud at all. So I guess we all have to take the good with the bad

Cheers

Andrew Barr 06-03-2010 05:39 PM

Run a bath

1 Attachment(s)
Cam,

I can loan you one of these, I am sure my kids wont mind :D

vikingen 06-03-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by nckmat (Post 7494889)
Yep my BJ26 is looking more usable than the BJ4 this weekend.:lol: Might head out to Parramatta Park and give it a go there with the new LiPo's.

However, there are a bunch of us from Ryde looking for an undercover area to go for a bash on Saturday afternoon, if you're keen check our thread tonight and tomorrow morning.

im 15mins from ryde track... im all ears :)

vikingen 06-03-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr (Post 7494929)
Cam,

I can loan you one of these, I am sure my kids wont mind :D

is that GP or EP ? :lol:

Andrew Barr 06-03-2010 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by vikingen (Post 7495843)
is that GP or EP ? :lol:

HP (Hand Power) :D

By that analogy, it is 1 HP :eek::lol: