Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Offroad track North of Adelaide >

Offroad track North of Adelaide

Offroad track North of Adelaide

Old 05-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Offroad track North of Adelaide

Hey guys have emailed the council on getting a track north of the city, and this is the response so far, sounds promising, whats everyones thoughts on this??? cheers

First Email:

Dear Brad,

I write in relation to your enquiry for an off road buggy track to be constructed on the corner of Awoonga Road and Lower North East Road.

This parcel of land is actually owned and operated by the SA Water Corporation, therefore you may wish to contact them with your request. The mailing address is SA Water Corporation, GPO Box 1039, Adelaide SA 5001.

Council has received similar requests in the past year from other residents (however not on this parcel of land). Council is currently exploring these requests in conjunction with the development of Councils Open Space Strategy.

I have advised past enquirers that, in the meantime, they are able to use the BMX track at Golden Fields Reserve for operating remote control cars, provided that the operation and use of the model/remote control car:

'does not cause injury or discomfort to any person being on or in the vicinity of the land or detract from or be likely to detract from another person's lawful use of and enjoyment of the land'.

This is an extract direct from Councils By-Law for Local Government Land.

If any person indicates the above then the use of the remote control car must cease in that instance. If the use of the remote control car does not cease in that instance, any incident that is reported to Council that is in breach of the bylaw conditions, may result in a fine being issued.

Some construction/earth works are also being undertaken up at this location and the remote control cars are not permitted in these areas.

Furthermore, if any damage is caused to any remote control car whilst it is being used on the reserve or Local Government land then Council will not be held liable.

Please let me know if SA Water is in favour of your request as i will then be able to put you in contact with other persons in the area that may be able to assist and support you, as they to have an interest in this sport.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 8397 7429 or [email protected].

Kind Regards,

Felicity VanDerHeul
Senior Sport and Recreation Development Officer

Second Email

Hi Brad,

The land in your attachment is Crown land, under the care of Council. Therefore it is not Council property.

We are looking at beginning a Skate Park / BMX track facilities audit in the coming months and we will include the possibility of a remote control car track in this document.

Kind Regards,

----------------------------

Felicity Vanderheul
Team Leader Recreation
City of Tea Tree Gully
Old 05-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

sounds awesome but goodluck, in the elizabeth area there is sooo much wasted land tried a few times for something like this now and they just say they cant release the land for it and such, be nice to have a offroad track closer to home though
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Offroad track North Of Adelaide

I was under the understanding that a 1/5th & 1/8th track had already been proposed for the North of Adelaide in the smithfield area. A friend was involved but he has now moved away. I will try and contact him and get back to you will some further information.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

The team at Powerslide Racing at Pooraka were involved with getting a track out North. Haven't heard much lately about that. Maybe get in touch with them and find out the gossip.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's 2 links to other threads in this forum.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-south-oz.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...n-suburbs.html

Maybe try and contact the starter of each thread and find out what is happening.

Good Luck.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys we are still actively involved in this project, Mount Barker is looking more likely at this stage. Not sure if the parcel of land that was going to be allocated at Andrews Farm is still on the cards Playford council covers that area.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Did anything come of this?? im new to rc offroad & looking for a track to drive on & meet like minded peeps
Old 05-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To be honest it is very hard to get any land from councils these days especially if you an upstarting club as you have no financials
Plus the work involved jut to become a registered club is huge.

You best bet is to actually approach other sporting clubs to see if you can get a sublease.
If anyone is interested I have a few leads I was working for our club before we took on Mitchell Park.
I would love to see a track out north especially from Salisbury outwards to Munno Para range

Dave
Old 06-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Me to..

i have been here for 3 years, and i am forced to use the BMX tracks which is SOOO not the same as proper tracks.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Why don't you guys come and have a run at Mitchell park?

Yes its a bit of a drive but there are no other choices if you want to race.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mister_g

where is that tracK/
Old 06-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ggoosen
where is that tracK/
Northern end of Bradley Grove, Mitchell Park.

Link to ARCR.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mister_g

+1 Definitely worth the drive for an awesome days racing.

Never know, with my house plans going the way they are, I might have a couple hundered ton of soil (extremely high clay content) that may just find itself "placed and spread" somewhere north of the city for some practice laps
Old 06-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by KalEl63
To be honest it is very hard to get any land from councils these days especially if you an upstarting club as you have no financials
Plus the work involved jut to become a registered club is huge.

You best bet is to actually approach other sporting clubs to see if you can get a sublease.
If anyone is interested I have a few leads I was working for our club before we took on Mitchell Park.
I would love to see a track out north especially from Salisbury outwards to Munno Para range

Dave
I wouldnt mind having a look.

there has to be people this side of adelaide that want to race
Old 06-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ggoosen
I wouldnt mind having a look.

there has to be people this side of adelaide that want to race
Why not come down to race with ARCR at Mitchell Park like many others do from the northern side of town.

We have already done all the hard work and put up the $ for our brand new (and expensive) timing system.

Its a huge effort to get everything sorted even before you actually start running races.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.