Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
threads that are commercial in nature >

threads that are commercial in nature

threads that are commercial in nature

Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default threads that are commercial in nature

ive been advised by the owners of R/C Tech (IB) that threads that are commercial in nature (contain product announcements, contain prices or links to commercial sites etc.) are to be removed (this means moved to a non-public thread for 'storage').

commercial operators should contact IB (via: [email protected]) if they would like their thread reinstated, made 'important' or if you would like your own sub forum (like: aust racing/for sale)

if your thread has vanished and your not sure why im happy to explain through the PM system

Last edited by contact; 05-13-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: more info
Old 05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by contact
ive been advised by the owners of R/C Tech (IB) that threads that are commercial in nature (contain product announcements, contain prices or links to commercial sites etc.) are to be removed (this means moved to a non-public thread for 'storage').

commercial operators should contact IB (via: [email protected]) if they would like their thread reinstated, made 'important' or if you would like your own sub forum (like: aust racing/for sale)

if your thread has vanished and your not sure why im happy to explain through the PM system
Thanks contact for you info i have already spoken to steph a while back and have raised my concerns to her as this is basically business suicide and could have a mass backlash .
Old 05-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for your concern, im not privy to IB business strategies but am beginning to think i should be drawing a wage
Old 05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for your concern, im not privy to IB business strategies but am beginning to think i should be drawing a wage
Yes you should be drawing a wage if they are going to make money on advertising because thats what it seems like to me get the manufacturers to there own threads .
Old 05-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Err im not saying their policy is either right or wrong.

But rctech would more than likely have some decent bills for web hosting....

Most businesses would profit from the exposure here, i personally dont see why it is not unreasonable to contribute to the costs and or provide a profit to the operators. Although i dont know how (un)reasonable those costs are.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Last edited by 1; 05-14-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mangoman
Err im not saying their policy is either right or wrong.

But rctech would more than likely have some decent bills for web hosting....

Most businesses would profit from the exposure here, i personally dont see why it is not unreasonable to contribute to the costs and or provide a profit to the operators. Although i dont know how (un)reasonable those costs are.
I agree with you dont get me wrong all i was saying is that all the info that deleted was important to the people who log on to here to read .because it had a brand name as a heading doesnt mean it's advertising .
Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I agree with you dont get me wrong all i was saying is that all the info that deleted was important to the people who log on to here to read .because it had a brand name as a heading doesnt mean it's advertising .
All that Hobbywing info gone!?! Geez
Old 05-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Does this only apply to the Aus Racing thread or right across the site? Is an information sharing thread on a particular product considered in the same way if it is started by a distributor?

Cheers, Mike
Old 05-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crazydave
All that Hobbywing info gone!?! Geez
no simply moved

Originally Posted by TRArena
Does this only apply to the Aus Racing thread or right across the site? Is an information sharing thread on a particular product considered in the same way if it is started by a distributor?

Cheers, Mike
i cant comment on the activities in other areas of the forum, however there is a list of subscribed commercial operators available to all moderators, so im assuming that its similar across the board and that australia has 'gone under the radar' until now.

threads that are started on particular products will be assessed on a case by case basis, if they are deemed to be commercial they will be moved i wont be drawn on more comment than that... i will only add that 'line ball' calls are made in consultation with the forum owners
Old 11-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info, Signature RC have now contacted Stefanie and now wait on a reply.
I think it would be a shame to be disadvantaged when posting pics of our work and our products.

amongst other things too of course....

Regards
Corbin Styles
Signature RC