Tech Elite

Default Bravo

Nice work guys...great to see

h

Link back to orig message -> http://www.rctech.net/forum/7133185-post38.html
Old 03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Our club thanks you all for the kind words. We are definately very proud of our efforts.

Come and see it for yourself http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...uly-3-4-a.html

Cheers
Old 07-29-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Any news on access with sydney offroad tracks?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i am interested in any comments on this thread...

I am investigating building a disabled proof racestand.. which as mentioned can be quite a feat... and expensive one.

That Cairns setup when looked closer has quite a lot in it and those big budgets mention would be easily exceeded.

Any further advice on grants?? i can only assume that there must be grants available. I dont know yet, i spose thats what can be learned from this thread.

I run music events, and only mentioning youth lately has enabled grants, and ongoing ones.. surely there is some similar thing available for disabled.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Draft AARCMCC rules of EP Offroad have just been released. An onroad equivalent is about to be released also. Within these rule sets are conditions that must be met by clubs bidding to host State and National titles, as well as situations that are 'preferable.' Host selection is influenced by a club's ability to meet these criteria.

I would suggest that if you feel that wheelchair access be amongst the criteria for selection, you contact your club and have them make this point when they return feedback to AARCMCC.

If wheelchair access is more prominent in the National rule set I expect more clubs to consider it in the design of their facilities.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Any news from clubs on/offroad with obtaining wheelchair access, I know it cost a fortune, but I'm going to be in a chair for the rest of my life, and would like to be a part of racing.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

So, has any clubs contacted thier local councils and MP's to gain access for their drivers stands? If so, what sort of feedback did you get?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know that Ryde is looking into costs/funding etc but it wont be until late next year until anything happens, council's are slow
keep your chin up
Steve
Old 12-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

That's good to hear, everything with council is a slow progress. I've always got my chin up. I just know there's guys out there that don't race because they feel they can't. I just have a go anyway even if I can't see the track, but I do feel bad when I know i've taken someone out on the track, when I can't see what I'm doing.
Anyway it's good to hear. Maitland should have a new stand by early next year, which will hopefully get more wheelchair guys into it.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

We cant even get the council to put a proper bin in place, or even to put a water bubbler on a closed up water pipe, thats presently sticking out of the ground.. its a joke.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Any progress with clubs getting wheelchair accessible drivers stands?
This link might help,

Community Builders website ( http://www.communitybuilders.nsw.gov.au/ ) which provides a list of grants from a variety of government and non-government organisations.

Had another dissapointing trip to a track today, great track,stairs on drivers stand. Had to sit under stand, couldn't see any apexes, very frustrating.
How many other people have to deal with this when they go to any track????
Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Luke,

At least work has started on Maitland's stand. Once we get it up, I'm sure we will attract more members in wheelchairs, which hopefully will inspire other clubs.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Yep, it's been a long 7 year wait.
Now I will be able to promote r/c racing through the spinal rehab place.
For people who don't know where the spinal rehab place is,
it's on Victoria rd Ryde..
Maybe some local clubs can go down and have a chat to the wheelchair sport crew..
Old 04-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I might just go to some clubs in the Brisbane/SE Qld area this week with my handy Nikon and take some happy snaps of driver stands. I wonder how many i'll find with wheelchair access as I to am a wheeler who shuns at the sight of stairs.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

i race from a chair at penrith every Tuesday night , the stand is great and the people are very helpful , it really is a great thing to be able to participate. i love my rc.

i have tried to drive at all the tracks mentioned around sydney , road and off road. from the ground. you car goes over 1 jump , never to be seen again. you never go back there.
my dream is to be able to take my son and our cars to a track on a weekend for a race.

let us know if this ever can be done at your track, i will bring the bbq

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.