Launceston R/C Racing

Launceston R/C Racing

Old 09-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

posted on club website too for you Benny
Old 09-30-2013, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

So how did everybody enjoy the cup this yer? Any feedback, good or bad?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 AM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phoenix76 View Post
I enjoyed it. The event being split over 2 days was a good move, in my opinion.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome weekend.. Loved how quick the results went up. Thanks again guys
Old 09-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Results were luck as much as anything (kids were well behaved that night). If the 3g reception at quercus was betterbwe could almost do it live!

Glad you both enjoyed it, i knoe i did, i just need another race vehicle so i can race more, probably looking at the dest210 rtr stadium truck.

Anything either of you think we could improve on?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think the bad reception is only in the shed as it works fine outside for me. Could an extension be used?

Lighting is my biggest concern but then on a bright sunny day it's no problem. On the Sunday I think it was, there were a few moments of cloud that darkened the place a bit.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just checked out the RTR ranga.. Why do you like the RTR?
I think you'll want better than a non sensored 13.5 combo.
See the losi kit's on special and it's soo cheap.. like WOW lol

I'm running an 11.5 sensored and it's a bit weak.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 13.5t combo in the Durango RTR is sensored

And I agree with Jarrod about the lighting, although my issue was going from the darker inside to facing the open door and getting blinded.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, lighting is something that we are working with rural youth about since we moved in! We are going to try and get a grant to do overhead, LED (less power) lighting.

Kit and RTR are virtually identical bar about 5 less parts to go mid mount, and the gear diff (Which I prefer) on the RTR. and it would get me going. motor and esc would probably move over to my rally car later on. Basically, it's good value, and as good as any. I would prefer an alloy chassis, but there isn't one for the durango. I did find a milled one, but at $150, a little excessive!!

I do like the losi, but the difference in getting electronics to get rolling is a few hundred $$. We will see how wealthy I am feeling when I have the cash in hand . and I expect that the 22T 2.0 will be out soon, hence the discounting on the original.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Richard.. Bring your rally to next race meet pretty keen to check it out. I'll bring my old Kyosho rally. Must give a warning tho.. It's pretty awesome haha
Old 10-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just heard on the radio there is damage to buildings around/near the agfest site. Hope our track is still there
Old 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JarrodP View Post
Just heard on the radio there is damage to buildings around/near the agfest site. Hope our track is still there
oh man!!!
hope not!!!! don't mind mud and water in there, but really hope the shed is upright!!!!
reckon its worth me taking a spin out after work to check it all????
Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Winter Points Series COMPLETE!! & Racing Friday night!!

Posted on October 7, 2013 by Greenie

Well, its been run and won!! The Winter Series is over.

With some AWESOME racing and some seriously close points, this was a FANTASTIC Series. We’d like to thank every one for an amazing Series, and the final points tally will be posted below.

With the Series over, Racing will be a none point rounds this month, and the Summer points Series will start up on the 8th of November, and again, it will be a 7 Round series, dropping your worse two rounds,
◾100 points for first place
◾99 points for second place
◾98 points for third place
◾and so on down the ladder!

With a break from points rounds this month, this is a FANTASTIC time to tune your rigs, to bring out a different rig to race, and see what you’ll be racing in the next points series!

We’ll be doing our best to fit in all classes that turn up, but please be understanding that time restraints might affect what classes we can run, and some classes might/will be combined in order to have everyone run.

New to RC Racing?? Want to give it a go?? Come on out for a look, or bring your rig and have a go!!! We run a Novice class at every meet, and we encourage new drivers YOUNG AND OLDER, to come on out for a go! We will run through the basics, of racing, marshalling and so on, and give you as much help as we can. We are a family friendly club, and love to see new faces trying out our sport!

Although It isn’t a points round, ALL Drivers are reminded that they MUST follow the Clubs Code of Behaviour / Ethics, Racing Rules(Including class rules) at all times.

SO!!! As always,
◾ Doors open at 5:30PM(about then)
◾Track open for uncontrolled practice at 6PM
◾Drivers brief at 6:50PM
◾Racing at 7PM

Entry fees
◾$10 for Members
◾$5 for second class
◾Non-members $15
◾New racers are $10 for the first 3 times, then $15 there after
◾Transponder Hire $5

The Canteen will be up and running as usual, with soft drinks, chips, and lollies.

AND NOW!!! TO THE WINNERS OF THE LAUNCESTON RC WINTER SERIES!!!

Congrats al the winners of each class, and Congrats to all that have raced in this series!! It was a wonderful series, with the only issues was ME running the point series on the computer, and buggering it up a little!!(all corrected now!)

CLICK HERE TO SEE PLACINGS ON LRC WEB SITE
Old 10-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Well as one of my batteries will no longer balance, it looks like I am in the market for some new ones.

Probably get some Roar Approved Turnigy Nano-tech ones as the price is about what I can swallow. from my past experience they won't deliver quite the same performance as my IP ones, although I still have one good one.

Has anybody else had these at all? Happy with them?

I was looking at a couple of different ones, one of which is a shorty for a similar price which seems like a good option in many ways because of the flexibility of placement that it gives.

4200 65C shorty for $32
5300 30C normal for $27
5600 50C normal for $35

I only have 4200 capacity batteries now, so that doesn't stress me, but they are 40c, and i'd rather not go back to 30c, but is that snobbish? Really the shorty looks like the best value to me?
Old 10-13-2013, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well as one of my batteries will no longer balance, it looks like I am in the market for some new ones.

Probably get some Roar Approved Turnigy Nano-tech ones as the price is about what I can swallow. from my past experience they won't deliver quite the same performance as my IP ones, although I still have one good one.

Has anybody else had these at all? Happy with them?

I was looking at a couple of different ones, one of which is a shorty for a similar price which seems like a good option in many ways because of the flexibility of placement that it gives.

4200 65C shorty for $32
5300 30C normal for $27
5600 50C normal for $35

I only have 4200 capacity batteries now, so that doesn't stress me, but they are 40c, and i'd rather not go back to 30c, but is that snobbish? Really the shorty looks like the best value to me?
A little more expensive but still pretty decent pricing is SMC batteries which are now available in Australia. Check out http://coast2coastrc.com.au/ for details. Justin is a good guy offering good service. Based on Gold Coast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.