Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Large Scale Off Road Club in South Oz

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Large Scale Off Road Club in South Oz

Owners of 1/5 scale off road cars in SA may be happy to know a small group of dedicated r/c'ers have been working away at forming an official club with the hopes of eventually having an off road facility to enjoy racing on.
The relevant paperwork and fees have been submitted and we expect within a few weeks for SALS (South Australian Large Scale) to be an officially recognised organisation.
We will then be seeking members to join and although we are without a track to run on there will be benefits to joining initially and of course the more members we have the better our chances of convincing one of the local councils to provide some land for a track.
At this early stage there are two councils already showing promise, we have been offered land at Andrews Farm for a track although we may not have exclusive use of it (more a public track) and Mt Barker council is also interested (obviously with Littlehampton they know what we are on about with these model cars!).
Application forms and details will available from PowerSlide Racing, shop 9, 10 Research road, Pooraka in due course.
Lets bring large scale off road racing to SA
Old 12-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

'SALS' SouthAustralian Large Scale is now official
Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all this is my first post on this forum so I thought I would start here as I am involved in the newly formed SALS rc club I would like to invite anybody from South Australia to Join our new Club, the aim of the club is to approach councils with a group of like minded people in a bid to get some decent facility's for our hobby. We are well on the way with some interest from council but the more voices we have the better. The club has also arranged a discount of 5% for members at Powerslide Racing so there will be an immediate benifit to joining.
At this present time membership forms are still being designed and will be ready in the comeing days. So please check back if your interested.

Until the club has a pernemit facility we will be organising bashes at some of the many bash spots in South Australia these will include Goolwa beach for a bit of dune bashing, Murray Bridge and Port gawler for some fast track fun.

The club joining fee will be a moderate $50 per year this is a small amount considering what you will be able to save useing the club discount.

Happy Bashing/Racing

Simsy
SALS Club President
Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi again one other thing I should mention SALS dose not discriminate we don't particularly care what type of car you have or how old you are or even gender for that matter we also don't care what forum you like or hate the only thing we are interested in is having fun with the hobby.