HELP WITH F1 CAR...

Old 04-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pokiou View Post
Thanks mate,

Whats the EXPO you referring to i have a Futaba 2pl 2.4g. I just use the car @ Templestowe in Melbourne and hope to compete at some stage once i feel confident with the way the car handles. As for adjusting the TOE, how do i do that? do i need a specific tool?
The Expo I am refering to is the setting in the Spektrum DX2S(Positive and negative Exponential values are available.A positive Expo value results in the centrebeing less sensitive(desirable most of the time)while a negative value increases the sensitivity around the centre(normally not used)

To adjust the a TOE OUT to +2 degrees you will need a setup board some one at the track will have one and may let you use or go to your LHS as they can do it for you , with your car the way it is refer to step 8 of your assembly manual making the longer will adjust your toe out as it will reduce your car being so front end twitchy as I have done this with the aid of my setup board, 2 x parts $20, and a turnbuckle wrench. Dont be discouraged by what other say if you want to use your HPI to race go for it, yes it will require alot of upgrades to get it race worthy to even put you in the pointy end of the field but if you are sick of all of the Tamiya F1's flooding the race track and not seeing the HPI's, and you dont want to spend alot of cash look at the 3 racing version...http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-3ra...a-p-29740.html

But as I said if you want help with the F10 let me know send a PM, I can email you part numbers that will help depending on your budget