Wiki Posts
Search

Question about off road

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aussie
I did a bit of a search and “Losi” comes up under the heading of robitronic RC group.

I then did a search for Adelaide sales and the only one’s here that just sell RC cars are hobby habit and RC hobby zone and none of them show some of these cars mentioned as recommended.

Are there any other RC places in Adelaide who carry Mugen, Losi, X-Ray, Associated.

I am quite keen on the Losi (robitronic) brand.
RC Hobby Zone stock Mugen, Losi and HPI all the time and gets deliverys of part really quick

Hobby Habit sell Hobao

Model Flight sell Losi
Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I then did a search for Adelaide sales and the only one’s here that just sell RC cars are hobby habit and RC hobby zone and none of them show some of these cars mentioned as recommended.

Are there any other RC places in Adelaide who carry Mugen, Losi, X-Ray, Associated.

I am quite keen on the Losi (robitronic) brand.
We (RC Hobby Zone) sell all the brands mentioned - Mugen, Losi, XRay and Associated (and many other brands). I don't have all our stock nor everything we can get in, on our website - so drop in and have a look around and a chat - we'll get you sorted.

Cheers

DN
Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

I would recommend RC Hobby Zone as they are almost always at race meets and bring some spares if you break something and they are extremly helpful guys

Last edited by Team Orange SA; 10-18-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thank guys for all your replies,they have been most helpful.

Temporarily I have gone for this 1/8 protos buggy which is a week old which came with tools,elect starter box,has this portable 12v battery and charger all for $400.These cars retail for $550

One thing that’s not going to be in my favor seems to be parts for the Robitronic protos,there is plenty interstate suppliers but I can’t find anyone here.

Once it arrives I’ll ask if there is anyone here in the southern suburbs (SDMCC) to have a look at it and try it out for me to see what they think of it.

If I decide to continue in RC then I’ll look for a better car.

Last edited by Aussie; 01-22-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Add picture
Old 10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Thank guys for all your replies,they have been most helpful.

Temporarily I have gone for this 1/8 protos buggy which is a week old which came with tools,elect starter box,has this portable 12v battery and charger all for $400.These cars retail for $550

One thing that’s not going to be in my favor seems to be parts for the Robitronic protos,there is plenty interstate suppliers but I can’t find anyone here.
Once it arrives I’ll ask if there is anyone here in the southern suburbs (SDMCC) to have a look at it and try it out for me to see what they think of it.

If I decide to continue in RC then I’ll look for a better car.
I would see Darren at RC Hobby Zone as he might deal with the distrbutor already
Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

Things aren’t looking so bad re- protos buggy (robitronic’s)brand spare parts,found a hobby shop down south supplying protos buggy and spare parts.

Would have liked to have known if I needed some spare parts in case of breakages still need to break something to find what’s their weakest points are.I guess time will tell.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Couple questions

Who do I see about joining the SDMCC

Not in the right section for this ..but ..looking for a used exhaust for the .28 axial motor.
Someone may have one living in the southern side of adelaide

Last edited by Aussie; 10-30-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Who do I see about joining the SDMCC

Not in the right section for this ..but ..looking for a used exhaust for the .28 axial motor.
Someone may have one living in the southern side of adelaide
You can down Load membership forms from SDMCC web site or Gizmo or Grant the race directors on the club days will have forms.

I think you might struggle to find a cheap second hand pipe as must guys keep them until they get damaged. but you never no your luck.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default steering servo

I noticed the turning circle on the 1/8 buggy not that good so I had a spare Spektrum Z590 Servo

So I fitted that and found the turning circle better,but after doing 8-10 u turns the distance became more increased and just doesn’t seem to be the right servo for steering.

Why did it change so much I don’t know.
A U turn is about 7-8 feet now.
Looking for suggestions for a replacement steering servo.