Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coffs Harbour Racing Northern NSW.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Coffs Harbour Racing Northern NSW.

Hi all.
Just letting you all know, there is a new on road racing club in Coffs Harbour.
We race the Last sunday of every month.
We cater for Electric and Nitro including 1/8.

Where we race...
Just south of the main town is a kinda service centre, BP, maccas, subway, red rooster... so on. We have been given full use of a large serperate section of the car part. Its Tar.

Any questions please ask!!!

Thanks
Michael

Last edited by MiDGet; 08-29-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default race meet

The first race meet was held today and it is a good friendly club, anyone from Taree to Lismore should come and have a go, plus near plenty of food and the weather is always tops. Thanks to everyne for the friendly welcome today. The best thing is the OUTLAW class, any 1/10 car, any motor, any battery and any body including 1/10 frewer wedges.
Aussie Bob
Old 08-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
The first race meet was held today and it is a good friendly club, anyone from Taree to Lismore should come and have a go, plus near plenty of food and the weather is always tops. Thanks to everyne for the friendly welcome today. The best thing is the OUTLAW class, any 1/10 car, any motor, any battery and any body including 1/10 frewer wedges.
Aussie Bob
yeah its good fun!
esp with my 8.5t front wheel drive tc4! lol

Nice to meet you today bob...
im sure i was calling you some other name other than bob thru the day.. lol. sorry about that.

Cant wait for the next meet.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Welcome to the forums.
When I go up to visit Dad, I am sure my gear will be with me
Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Aussie bob...
what motor were you running???

Next race meet is on 27th September.
Ill be running all the same elecs. Cept have now changed to a full factory team carbon firbe car. Its very nice! lol
Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default motor

Midg, i was running a LRP 17.5, with a good pack of 5200 lipos, all at a legal level. I have a good body that i can now finally use in Outlaw, the famous one from Aussie titles. I also picked up a new M05Pro for my birthday with all the blue bling that you can get, (Thanks Adam) so i now have a very good M03 with blue thingos for sale, (no electrics) hopefully someone from Coffs will get it and there should be another i have in a week or so for sale as well. Spoke to a few that saw the hobbywing go and were impressed so maybe a seperate class soon. I wil be there on the 27th as i get back to Coffs tomorrow, but thinking of going to QLD at the end of October as they have a major race up there then.
See you in a few weeks.
Aussie Bob
Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
Midg, i was running a LRP 17.5, with a good pack of 5200 lipos, all at a legal level. I have a good body that i can now finally use in Outlaw, the famous one from Aussie titles. I also picked up a new M05Pro for my birthday with all the blue bling that you can get, (Thanks Adam) so i now have a very good M03 with blue thingos for sale, (no electrics) hopefully someone from Coffs will get it and there should be another i have in a week or so for sale as well. Spoke to a few that saw the hobbywing go and were impressed so maybe a seperate class soon. I wil be there on the 27th as i get back to Coffs tomorrow, but thinking of going to QLD at the end of October as they have a major race up there then.
See you in a few weeks.
Aussie Bob
what gearing were you using... that thing flew. and your a good steerer
Old 09-08-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiDGet
Hi all.
Just letting you all know, there is a new on road racing club in Coffs Harbour.
We race the Last sunday of every month.
We cater for Electric and Nitro including 1/8.

Where we race...
Just south of the main town is a kinda service centre, BP, maccas, subway, red rooster... so on. We have been given full use of a large serperate section of the car part. Its Tar.

Any questions please ask!!!

Thanks
Michael
Top effort Michael,

Good spot that too.....I know it well.....the big grassy section beside the BP is traditionally where I let my dog out for a piss when we are on the half yearly car trip up to the Gold Coast to visit family

Next challenge = setting up a 1/10 EP off road club locally as well?

Cheers

Adam
Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ajford
Top effort Michael,

Good spot that too.....I know it well.....the big grassy section beside the BP is traditionally where I let my dog out for a piss when we are on the half yearly car trip up to the Gold Coast to visit family

Next challenge = setting up a 1/10 EP off road club locally as well?

Cheers

Adam
hahaha i think the club does have plans for that. But i wont be around that long. Never know. I might be back to castle hill at some point. have plans in the pipes my friend.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hahaha i think the club does have plans for that. But i wont be around that long. Never know. I might be back to castle hill at some point. have plans in the pipes my friend.

Thats good news mate. I'm sure everyone would love to see you back at the hills...
Old 09-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ajford
Thats good news mate. I'm sure everyone would love to see you back at the hills...
in the long run yeah. there is a good chance.
i will not be living out west tho. will be on the northern beaches.
but all this isnt for a few months tho.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

I hear that the guys want to get mini up and running. I have a M03R that I am selling. It is a proven race winner and has all the parts you are allowed to upgrade as per the CC09 rules. I am willing to let this go to a Coffs local first to try and help out kick starting the minis. Aussie Bob will have the car down at the next race meet. If your interested before hand, get Aussie Bob to PM the price

Adam
Old 09-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey Midget,

I can remember racing at the Coffs Harbour off-road track that was behind the showground in amongst the trees,but thats about 20 odd years ago too,good to see theres a track going again,cheers.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TeamBear
Hey Midget,

I can remember racing at the Coffs Harbour off-road track that was behind the showground in amongst the trees,but thats about 20 odd years ago too,good to see theres a track going again,cheers.
hey mate... yeah i remember that... im 30 so i was only very young when that was running.

Do you remember the slot car track on the highway kinda near woolies?
Old 09-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Do you remember the slot car track on the highway kinda near woolies?
Aussie Bob owned that shop. We both raced behind the showground as well with Yokomo Dogfighter YZ-10's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.