R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   XRAY T1 evo 2 or XRAY T1 Raycer (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/32230-xray-t1-evo-2-xray-t1-raycer.html)

Rod M 01-27-2004 02:26 AM

XRAY T1 evo 2 or XRAY T1 Raycer

Geting sick of my current car and looking at a XRAY for a upgrade,

one thing is, I really dislike Carbon fibre/fibre glass chassis,

and I don't see myself using the Pivot ball suspension as I only run at Castle Hill and occasionally at Eastern Creek,

apart from the CF bits and Pivot ball suspension what else is the difference between the XRAY T1 evo 2 and XRAY T1 Raycer?

fastolfart 01-27-2004 02:49 AM

apart from the CF bits and Pivot ball suspension what else is the difference between the XRAY T1 evo 2 and XRAY T1 Raycer?
The evo2 comes with both suspension sets, and i havnt seen anyone build it in pivot ball form yet, except for when darrin Campbell did a comparison between the 2 years ago when it was released.
The T1r has only C hub.
The pivot ball is very good at all tracks and can be more finely tuned than the c hub.
The plastic c hub that comes with the evo2 is lighter than the alloy c hub and the pivot ball set up.

TheRaven 01-27-2004 02:55 AM

well have you try looking at other cars like the misson and yokomo sd like that

Rod M 01-27-2004 03:25 AM

Originally posted by fastolfart
The evo2 comes with both suspension sets, and i havnt seen anyone build it in pivot ball form yet, except for when darrin Campbell did a comparison between the 2 years ago when it was released.
The T1r has only C hub.
The pivot ball is very good at all tracks and can be more finely tuned than the c hub.
The plastic c hub that comes with the evo2 is lighter than the alloy c hub and the pivot ball set up.

thanks, :) I have not seen anyone use the Pivot ball setup either, apart from the suspension and All the CF bits are there any other differences between the two, does the Evo 2 come with any other features that the Raycer doesn't?

Rod M 01-27-2004 03:27 AM

Originally posted by TheRaven
well have you try looking at other cars like the misson and yokomo sd like that
yea I have, but that would mean I would have to resolder my packs as they are already in saddle pack config.

plus I don't like the idea of the pack running down one side chassis,

dontfeelcold 01-27-2004 03:41 AM

the t1r has a plastic chassis and shock towers, cheap to replace if they break.

TheRaven 01-27-2004 03:41 AM

well what theses misson like
yeah i like the xray as well
but looking at a yokomo sd or misson

Rod M 01-28-2004 12:15 AM

Originally posted by dontfeelcold
the t1r has a plastic chassis and shock towers, cheap to replace if they break.
True, but apart from this and the Pivot ball suspension what else is the difference between the two?

Matt04 01-28-2004 01:18 AM

the Evo 2 is more tune-able, but for someone like me whos not experianced with seting up a car i would need some help with the Evo 2.

the T1R or Evo 2 is a great car

fastolfart 01-28-2004 04:00 AM

but apart from this and the Pivot ball suspension
The T1R comes with C hub suspension, i forgot to mention that earlier. plastic chassis kit

The T1 came with pivot ball suspension only with carbon fibre chassis kit and shock towers

The T1 evo2 comes with plastic C hubs as well as pivot ball suspension, similar spec as the T1 chassis

Hope that helps

vaiogeek 01-28-2004 11:56 AM

I don't know if it matters much, but the T1R also doesn't have the nice finish on the front and rear bulkheads. The Aluminium is raw but shiny - not the goldish anodised like the T1 or Evo2.

I run a T1R and find the drivetrain to be very compareable to the T1/Evo2. I definately have the same speed as a T1/Evo2 down the straight.

As the others have said, the T1R uses the composit C-Hub suspension.

The only problem I've had so far is that the front of the composite chassis is not reinforced between the front bulkhead and bumper. I struck an exposed pipe on the track the other day and snapped the front of the chassis clean off. But what is nice is that Chassis for the T1R are $25 US from HK. So I got a replacement and a spare for less than a Carbon one! (The hit was so hard, that I think it would have done in a carbon chassis too - at least fractured it, which is a common problem with all carbon chassis).

Hope that helps - I'm a very happy T1R owner
:nod: :nod: :nod:

war11x 01-28-2004 02:38 PM

Re: XRAY T1 evo 2 or XRAY T1 Raycer

Originally posted by Rod M
Geting sick of my current car and looking at a XRAY for a upgrade,

one thing is, I really dislike Carbon fibre/fibre glass chassis,

and I don't see myself using the Pivot ball suspension as I only run at Castle Hill and occasionally at Eastern Creek,

Rob M
i say TIR great car and pretty good on pricing for parts
EVO 2 great car double your price for parts :confused: :confused:
both cars drive pretty similiar i know of guys who own evos and change the bottom deck to the composite tr1 ones this allows for a little softer ride :blush: :blush: :blush:
on saying that you should look at how much money you want to spend / keep spending then go from thier
i run 2 x T1Rs and am very happy :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
my 2 cents worth

Kennedy 01-28-2004 02:42 PM

Originally posted by fastolfart
The T1R comes with C hub suspension, i forgot to mention that earlier. plastic chassis kit

The T1 came with pivot ball suspension only with carbon fibre chassis kit and shock towers

The T1 evo2 comes with plastic C hubs as well as pivot ball suspension, similar spec as the T1 chassis

Hope that helps

Pete, I heard you tried an T1R and could get it to turn it @ all?

EVO2 rear shock tower has 3 times more mouting positions

PivotBall will be handy for carpet in Canberra this year @ ACT titles

fastolfart 01-28-2004 05:11 PM

Pete, I heard you tried an T1R and could get it to turn it @ all?
I think its more of a personal thing, i just couldnt come to grips with the T1r, as the new owner is going quite fast and happy with it. I had the same driver problems with a Losi XXX's.

I think ive been spoiling my self with the CF chassis for too many years.
e.g. Corally C4, replaced with a T1, updated to a T1 evo and T1r at the same time, the T1r is now happy with its new own and im back to 1 car.
The T1R is a good car and does run the same drive train as all the T1 range.

Rod M 01-29-2004 02:54 AM

Thanks for the info guys,

I havent made up my mind yet about what to get, 90% chance it will be one of those two,

it is a tough decision because $$ is not a issue, but at the same time I want the best car (but no CF).