Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
XRAY T1 evo 2 or XRAY T1 Raycer >

XRAY T1 evo 2 or XRAY T1 Raycer

XRAY T1 evo 2 or XRAY T1 Raycer

Old 01-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by Rod M

it is a tough decision because $$ is not a issue, but at the same time I want the best car (but no CF).

Maybe an TeamLosi XXX-S if you anti-CF
Old 01-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yes the Losi is a option, but I dont like the idea of the cells running down one side of the chassis,
Old 01-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rod M
yes the Losi is a option, but I dont like the idea of the cells running down one side of the chassis,
Interesting you say this...I'm going to try and figure out what the balance of my car is like with a battery in it.

I suspect the weight of a motor, speedy, servo and receiver is very close to that of the battery...

I have only run the car a couple of times, but the car is setup identically both sides and haven't found it to feel out of balance in any way...
Old 02-01-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

both the t1r and evo2 are awesome cars. Obviously the evo2 is much more flash as everyone has pointed out, but for the price, the t1r is a total bargin

i raced my t1r at most of the tracks in Sydney, and found it to be extremely versatile as well as strong and fast, even with a hacker 6T.

In the end it comes down to how much you want to spend. If your a "develpoing" racer, personally i would buy the t1r and spend the remaining money on new tyres or tools. Ones things for sure, if you buy either of these cars, you wont be disappointed.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have an Evo2 with the alloy C-Hubs. If I know the T1R was comming out I would have waited.

Someone told me that the Evo2 has durallium and the T1R Alloy bulkheads.

you know about the graphite/plastic differences.
the Evo has built in rear toe adjustment, the T1r is locked at 2 degrees.
the Evo 2 has an additional brace between the rear bulkheads

... and thats about it. from what I've seen the T1R is awsome value and as good as it's more expencive brother.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Slabism
both the t1r and evo2 are awesome cars. Obviously the evo2 is much more flash as everyone has pointed out, but for the price, the t1r is a total bargin

i raced my t1r at most of the tracks in Sydney, and found it to be extremely versatile as well as strong and fast, even with a hacker 6T.

In the end it comes down to how much you want to spend. If your a "develpoing" racer, personally i would buy the t1r and spend the remaining money on new tyres or tools. Ones things for sure, if you buy either of these cars, you wont be disappointed.
does the T1R come with front one way? Pillow ball or C-Hub?
Old 02-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

T1R comes with front ball diff (have to buy the one-way upgrade) and composite C-Hubs.

I disagree with the previous statement about locked 2 degrees of toe. You have to put shims in the rear arms to adjust the toe - but that does also affect your track width at the same time.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default just for fun

comments comments comments.......... someone buy my t1r off me PM me
Old 02-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

I disagree with the previous statement about locked 2 degrees of toe. You have to put shims in the rear arms to adjust the toe - but that does also affect your track width at the same time.
Perhaps I worded it incorrectly. On the EVO2 both the front and rear hinge monts for the rear arms necessatie the addition of shims to achive rear toe adjustment. On the T1R, the front hinge mounts, on the rear arms, are larger then the rear ones, thus negating the need to add the shims, of course you can add more shims to get more rear toe but you can have zero deg rear toe on the EVO2 (not that anyone would want it), but it's not an option on a standard T1R.

The only accessories for might need for either car is a front roll bar and a one way diff.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Did anyone notice that of the 4 Xray's in the Modified A final at EC last year one was a T1R.

There is no performance difference between the EVO 2 and T1R

Food for thought

Cheers

Jason Dodds
Old 02-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sprint
Did anyone notice that of the 4 Xray's in the Modified A final at EC last year one was a T1R.

There is no performance difference between the EVO 2 and T1R

Food for thought

Cheers

Jason Dodds
Can you put the following Evo 2 Items on the T1R?

*Aluminium C-Hub Knuckles front and rear

*Roll Centre Bridge

*Short Arm conversion

*Low Ratio Pulley Set

*Graphite Upper Decks
Old 02-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Kennedy - Yes to all - The T1R is identical apart from replacing the graphite pieces with composite
Old 02-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey everyone,
just wondering, i recently cracked the front of my carbon fibre bottom deck on my t1 @ the summernats and i was wondering whether it would make any performance difference if i replaced it with the t1r bottom deck???

ive been told i need to replace other things aswell like servo mounts and battery straps/mounts but will the deck actually make the car slower or handle different??? i realise more weight will be added but im already 1430 wthout weight so a bit more wont be too bad as i have to cover my car in lead to get it up to legal

also, could anyone give me a list as to what parts i need to replace to be able to use the t1r bottom deck??? (i have the original T1)

thanx

robbie lloyd
Old 02-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Robbie,
A good mate of mine as recently bought a T1R and he has replaced the centre brace with a graphite (I don't know which one but it is a single strip of carbon fiber) and his car's rigidity is at least a match of my EVO2.

In short I don't think you are going to notice a significant change in your handling with the plastic chassis.

The only bits that may not work are the battery straps otherwise I can't see why you will need to change any other bits.

I hope this helps cheers

Mark
Old 02-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

thanx m8,

i just dont see the point in buying a $160 deck from cmc if im gunna break it again, as im not a perfect driver..

mind you i can get it alot cheaper from hong kong

also, i was considering the BMI chassis, oh well i'll keep my options open and make a choice soon

thanx again

robbie

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.