Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
New to RC, Where can I go and see some Races in Perth? >

New to RC, Where can I go and see some Races in Perth?

New to RC, Where can I go and see some Races in Perth?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default New to RC, Where can I go and see some Races in Perth?

Hi,

I'm new to RC's. To be honest not really interested in racing (not seriously anyway... i'll have a crack at running my car around a track though) but jsut wondering where i'd be able to find nitro buggies race events.

I'm in Perth, and i've got a Hobao Hyper 7 RTR and i'm totally new to RC so jsut thought i should go and see what the more serious people have and even hear hwo their engines sound and such, and perhaps talk to some peopel and get some pointers on tuning and other random things about nitro RC.

Is there anything in Perth sometime soon? Please let me know, would be interested in popping by and having a watch.

Cheers
Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Location: West Ozzie living in Merrigum...Shepparton...Victoria
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

In Perth you have two options for 1/8 off road you have:

Radio Rally www.radiorally.org.au Canningvale or
Model Off Road Buggy Club www.morbc.org.au Whiteman Park

Both great clubs and both totaly different. Radio Rally is on grass and MORBC is on clay.

Go check out both. They are run on opposite weekends.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

arr see car... thanks for the info mate !!! Apparently there's an event this weekend at canning vale (about 3 mins drive from my house) so i'll probably swing by and check it out !!! From their websites this racing thing looks like some serious business !!!

Anyway cheers for the info.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

is there any electric offroad over there? Maybe moving there in the future, I want to move somewhere where i can race
Old 07-31-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Dude

In Perth there are 2 nitro offroad tracks with one bieng at whiteman park which is like a scaled down bmx track and then there's a transportable grass club here in Canning Vale.

Unfortunately the Whiteman Park track to my understanding is closed for winter because the clay is holding water and makes the track undriveable.

Radio Rally club as you already know this weekend is holding a trophy day and has actually had to close entries because we have reached our limit of 80drivers. With the whiteman park track being closed, it's bringng out all of the big gun drivers down to Canning Vale so the racing will be close and fast.

The actual event is called the "Discount hobbies trophy day" and is aimed more at giving everyone a go at long distance races with a C (15min), B (20min) and A (30 min) buggy and truggy finals. Everyone does 4 x 6 minute qualifiers and from there, you get your results tallied up and placed into the appropriate final.

This weekend I think would have to be the biggest I can remember so although the racing wil start at around 10am and finish at 4pm, it's still going to be a very enjoyable day.

If you do happen to come down for a look, don't be afraid to ask questions as almost everyone has started their rc racing from somewhere are always more than willing to share their knowledge to make your step into rc racing alot easier. I know I try and pass on as much helpful information as I can so say for your first race meet you come prepared with a spare glow plug and and onboard battery so your first race day doesn't finish halfway around your first lap.

Everyone starts racing somewhere so I would highly recommend you try your luck first at just a club day. This is where racing is alot more relaxed and consists of 6 x 6 minute races. You can register for this via an online entry system called alycat, or via contacting a comittee member (which is preferred if possible to make things easier) or you can register on the day. These are a great way to start racing.

If you happen to come down for a look on sunday, I will be setup next to the canteen tent racing a Losi 8 2.0 buggy so feel free to come up and say hi.
If you have any more queries or questions, the Radio Rally website and forum (www.radiorally.org.au or www.radiorally.org.au/forum) can answer your questions or feel free to contact me on here.

Cheers
Brendan
Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
is there any electric offroad over there? Maybe moving there in the future, I want to move somewhere where i can race
Electric offroad has a few tracks with http://www.westcoastmodelrallyclub.a...ite/index.html being one (they race friday nights except in winter when the rain comes.

There are a few others but I haven't checked them out yet for myself.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fleggasaurus
Hey Dude

In Perth there are 2 nitro offroad tracks with one bieng at whiteman park which is like a scaled down bmx track and then there's a transportable grass club here in Canning Vale.

Unfortunately the Whiteman Park track to my understanding is closed for winter because the clay is holding water and makes the track undriveable.

Radio Rally club as you already know this weekend is holding a trophy day and has actually had to close entries because we have reached our limit of 80drivers. With the whiteman park track being closed, it's bringng out all of the big gun drivers down to Canning Vale so the racing will be close and fast.

The actual event is called the "Discount hobbies trophy day" and is aimed more at giving everyone a go at long distance races with a C (15min), B (20min) and A (30 min) buggy and truggy finals. Everyone does 4 x 6 minute qualifiers and from there, you get your results tallied up and placed into the appropriate final.

This weekend I think would have to be the biggest I can remember so although the racing wil start at around 10am and finish at 4pm, it's still going to be a very enjoyable day.

If you do happen to come down for a look, don't be afraid to ask questions as almost everyone has started their rc racing from somewhere are always more than willing to share their knowledge to make your step into rc racing alot easier. I know I try and pass on as much helpful information as I can so say for your first race meet you come prepared with a spare glow plug and and onboard battery so your first race day doesn't finish halfway around your first lap.

Everyone starts racing somewhere so I would highly recommend you try your luck first at just a club day. This is where racing is alot more relaxed and consists of 6 x 6 minute races. You can register for this via an online entry system called alycat, or via contacting a comittee member (which is preferred if possible to make things easier) or you can register on the day. These are a great way to start racing.

If you happen to come down for a look on sunday, I will be setup next to the canteen tent racing a Losi 8 2.0 buggy so feel free to come up and say hi.
If you have any more queries or questions, the Radio Rally website and forum (www.radiorally.org.au or www.radiorally.org.au/forum) can answer your questions or feel free to contact me on here.

Cheers
Brendan
Top notch reply Brendan, sounds like you guys have a really good thing going over there, reminds me of my old club in NZ.

Originally Posted by Z00M
Electric offroad has a few tracks with http://www.westcoastmodelrallyclub.a...ite/index.html being one (they race friday nights except in winter when the rain comes.

There are a few others but I haven't checked them out yet for myself.
Cheers Zoom, i'll look into them, i'm coming over for 8 days in November for a look around, just gotta try and talk the misses into letting me bring a car
Old 07-31-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the info folks. Appreciate it. I've gotta run in my engine today... and so it sure as hell won't be ready for a flogging tomorrow... but yeah i'll by to the event and see what it's like.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Muzza

I the main electric racing forum over here in W.A. in regards to electric onroad and offroad is www.teamadrenaline.net.au . That has a link to all of the clubs and setup tips and tricks.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry It's just www.teamadrenaline.net
Old 08-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fleggasaurus
Sorry It's just www.teamadrenaline.net
Awesome, thanks very much