Nitro X Fuel

Old 07-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nitro X Fuel

I've been reading a lot of good reviews about Nitro X. Spoke to some of the drivers at the RCPro and they had only good words to say. I'm currently using Amain C2 fuel which has been great. Have used AT Racing Buggy fuel and again no issues.

Can anyone make comments on the Nitro X Fuel and blends that are suitable for 1/8 scale offroad racing. A particular blend of interest is the HP73 blend. I'm interesed in performance and engine longevity.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

stick with amain. i have used nitro x and amain runs a lot cooler my grp has had 6lt gone throu it and it is still like new and lacks no power and tank time is about 10min and can still lean it a bit more dont get me worng nitro x is a good fule but for me amain works for me it holds it tune form one race day to the next.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by voodoopapa View Post
I've been reading a lot of good reviews about Nitro X. Spoke to some of the drivers at the RCPro and they had only good words to say. I'm currently using Amain C2 fuel which has been great. Have used AT Racing Buggy fuel and again no issues.

Can anyone make comments on the Nitro X Fuel and blends that are suitable for 1/8 scale offroad racing. A particular blend of interest is the HP73 blend. I'm interesed in performance and engine longevity.
m8 you cant go wrong with nitro-x
it is an excellent fuel and after a gallon of fuel i pulled down the engine and it was
covered in oil with little to no were on my conrod
it has good run time and good temp to go with it
Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I can't comment on the Nitro X but I can say the Amain is an amazing drop. Some of the run times the fellas down here are pulling in the Truggies are nuts with their Go engines/Amain combo's - about 15 minute tank times!

Cheers
Old 07-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yep I've used both and i would stick with Amain.....
Old 07-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the proof is in the results, most of the podium offroad drivers for the last 2 years straight have been running nitro X and at RC pro the other week the american Drake was using it and im fairly sure Lutz and laughton were aswell and im not just saying it because i sell it. i wouldnt sell it if i didnt think it was any good. at the moment i have the new HP7333 blend which is newer than the hp73. im getting longer runtimes and the engine is staying cooler, when i opened up the bad it is a nice golden syrup colour inside. i used to run the SSS and i put over 45L through my ninja and it never missed a beat the only reason i decided to give her a freshen up was because there was a small amout of normal wear in the front bearing.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

SSS + Ninja = Serious longevity. Switched to the mugen mix now, really good so far.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

In my 8th buggy Nitro X was fantastic, even with a very modest RTR Hyper engine.

I am using 16% in my onroad car, and it is great, only reason I am changing is that Trackside has a new brand of fuel and it is working even better.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Adro View Post
the proof is in the results, most of the podium offroad drivers for the last 2 years straight have been running nitro X
Hmm, reminds me of....Throw enough rocks in the air and one is bound to hit you on the head.!

Papa.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Is the HP7333 blend a mixture of castor and sythetic? Additionally does it come in 25% nitro and what's the oil content

cheers
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaPaSmUrF View Post
Hmm, reminds me of....Throw enough rocks in the air and one is bound to hit you on the head.!

Papa.
i dont get it??

Voodoopapa
to my knowledge the hp7333 only comes as 30% nitro but i could be wrong. also from memory i think it is 10% premium blend oil (which is a secret mix made just for the hp7333 blend).
Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The SSS Blend uses only synthetic oil that is 11% and it comes available in either 25% or 30%.

The HP7333 is a new blend, the older blend was called HP73, this was 7% SYnthetic and 3% Caster oil, the new HP7333 uses a complete new type of oil that has been developed and is only available in 30% nitro content.

I use the 25% Race Prep which contains 10% syntethic and 5% caster oil. For those of us who aren't "tunemeisters" this fuel delivers ample power while still protecting your engine.

Cache Ya,
Craig.

Last edited by Momentum; 07-10-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Typo =oops=
Old 07-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FrankBlack View Post
SSS + Ninja = Serious longevity. Switched to the mugen mix now, really good so far.
I agree
I ran the new Mugen mix last week end
engine ran cooler better fuel economy
Old 07-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I use the same as Momentum and find it awsome fuel Plenty off power and long enough run times.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hello all,
I am just in the process of manufacturing Rc fuel on the Sunshine Coast,at Landsborough, where all of the drivers at SCRCCC used Runner Time. When it became unavailable I promised them I could manufacture a good alternative.
So far in on road it is tuning and performing like the best of European fuels but irrespective of this I am willing to manufacture the fuel to what ever specks you like for off-road
I have manufactured and worked with these kind of chemicals for 25 years, my facility is temp. controlled which is important and I am in the process of organizing Public Liability for the product (Cool Speed), I have also raced Rc cars for 10 Years .
It is Batch Coded and made by accumulative measure which rules out mistakes. It is packaged in DG containers with Child resistant lids. This is also important for Public Liability compliance. The packaging looks great and the bottle comes shrink wrapped for extra tamper evidence and seal.
If anyone is willing from the Sunshine Coast Off-Road, I will give your club 10x1 liter containers to try. It will require slightly different tuning, which means you will have to lean both top and bottom needles a bit (generally speaking). Even as a result of leaning, your engines will still run cool not hotter.
I have enough raw material to make initially about 300 litres of the best components available, Angus Nitro, Rc3 Caster oil, Klotz Benol and 99.9% Pure Methonal.

Thanks
Graham

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.