Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Who Else has a hard Time with there Partner. >

Who Else has a hard Time with there Partner.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Else has a hard Time with there Partner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

LOL some classic posts here!

My GF is pretty cool with my racing, she doesn't see why it costs so much but I spin tunes for a second job so there isn't much impact on our budget from the cars. The biggest issue is the my lack of free, especially if I'm raising funds for a new purchase and on top of racing once a week I'm spending at least one night a weekend in a pub/club and a few hours a week practicing and buying music
Old 06-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My other half seems to be OK with it. She even steals my transmitter and takes the B44 for a drive when im not looking. I think I might give the 10T to her to bash with.

I guess it works both ways though, getting up at 4am to go to a horse show with her definitely earns me some browny points.

EDIT: Just noticed im not the only bloke with a horse-obsessed girlfriend. Whats the go with that? I mean I help out and stuff with her horse but I thought RC was expensive!

Last edited by Mitchee; 06-04-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My girlfriend is fine with it. Sundays is supposed to be church day so she isnt very appreciative that i go racing instead. Thankfully she doesnt ever whinge or nag.

It was a small fight of ours (caused by her) that led me into a hobby store which i bought my first rc car and found out about racing at SMA Tempe. So now if she ever complains, ill tell her its her fault that i go racing
Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

OH MY GOD..

Just on 24 hrs since i put this new post up and ALREDY 5 PAGES.

I guess im not the only one.

She looks after all the finannces but i started a R/C debit Visa card for all my purchases but im only allowed $50 a week to go into it.

Its the fact that nothing is cheap and at the momment im into vintage R/C and everything comes of e bay that i need.

SO she knows how much i spend all the time when i use Pay Pal..

I think maybe i should start a Pay pal account next.

Ive been into rc since i was 14 and love all the things that go with it,
Social, prep, modifing Especially vintage racer's and of course racing.

THANKS to all replies read everyone and to Craig ive done no racing this yr. Its always a pleasure talking to you.

Cheers.

Mark..
Old 06-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As I mentioned before, my wife doesn't care at all about my cars or racing, in fact she gets rather pissed off at some of the things the local club does and shakes her head in wonder at trying to figure them out. It's because of this I have lost interest racing locally and she is the one pushing me to go race at a track 4.5hrs drive away, so nice of her, but it does involve taking the caravan for a full weekend away (had to be some reason...lol)
Now that I may not be down at the local track much anymore, my lovely wife has the push on me to get a rockclimber that I have been looking at. Even the price of 500US doesn't faze her, so it looks like I will be placing a order at RC4WD for one of their TrailBlazers or Disruptors..sweetttttttt
Old 06-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

This would have to be the funnniest thread i have ever read on RC Tech ever.

Coxy.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Great topic you have thrown at us Mark. Lots of interesting stories too.

Im one of the lucky ones i guess. I have more cars than I know what to do with and I dont hide a thing from my wife either (apart from how much money goes into them at times). If I move house i build a new workspace either in the gargage or as an extension. This way I never work off the dinning room table and little if anything at all makes it into our living space.
I like closing the door behind me and no one would know what is kept behind that door unless i show them.
Its all about balance. I like to spoil my wife at times, only too happy to take her out to dinner somewhere nice on a weekly basis, tell her she's the only woman for me and that kind of stuff. Even sending flowers to her work for no special occassion gets me over the line too. Its all too easy if you want to go to a little effort....
Old 06-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Believe me Jason i do try.

I think im too addicted to this vintage as i spend a couples hrs every day on e bay searching for a bargain. Than there is Rc tech, Tamiya Club and rc10 talk. Which i post nearly every day.

After Rhyde i plan to save my $50 a week to go away with her for the weekend.

It really is hard for to do that as i have put her and her boys into a nice house that we built. I never see my pay except the $50 a week i get automatically into my R/C account.

As i dont smoke or drink.

Oh well it may pay off in the long run.

Cheers.

Mark..
Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by penmark67
The only way I thought i could shut mine up was to set her up with a car for the occasional practice day now she races every meet in 27t man does SHE get the shits on when the car has a problem (normally caused by the front end being ripped off) and i cant fix it by the next heat. PS didnt shut her up though

Vince !! i never said any of this OK.........

Great thread
I'm in a similar boat. I used to get a lot of "how much are spending now?" when it was just me. Now, running two cars (she races my old one) and having to spend twice as much, I didn't get questioned on how much my last orders were because some of it was for her.

Also interesting to note the difference when something goes wrong on my car, it's like "Yeah, whatever. I'll fix it for the next one." When something goes wrong on her car...

I didn't say any of this either.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BORMAC
Great topic you have thrown at us Mark. Lots of interesting stories too.

Im one of the lucky ones i guess. I have more cars than I know what to do with and I dont hide a thing from my wife either (apart from how much money goes into them at times). If I move house i build a new workspace either in the gargage or as an extension. This way I never work off the dinning room table and little if anything at all makes it into our living space.
I like closing the door behind me and no one would know what is kept behind that door unless i show them.
Its all about balance. I like to spoil my wife at times, only too happy to take her out to dinner somewhere nice on a weekly basis, tell her she's the only woman for me and that kind of stuff. Even sending flowers to her work for no special occassion gets me over the line too. Its all too easy if you want to go to a little effort....
with all respect old pal, but you JUST GOT MARRIED
- you're still in honeymoon phase

see what she sez if you had Tamiya appearing at engagement
& then a pair of Tamiyas driving down the aisle
Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default HONEYMOON PHASE....he he

Right you are Mr WC. We got married last September BUT we've been together for about 6 and a half years now. Its been a good test of time and patience on here behalf. Although I will add that she knows exactly where to find me, not at the pub with the boys but in my shed spannering away at some vintage ride.
Its a long way from the life i used to lead. Still I am one of the boys, i dont hang with them quite as much as i used to anymore and Im never caught looking up girls skirts anymore either- he he eheheh
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

meh, seen 1 seen it all... they just come in different flavours of loonyness

Married for 7yrs ... with 3 Tamiyas holding pride of place in the bedroom ...
along with a few dozen of their colleagues too.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

use your love for rc in the bedroom.

when you and your misses are doing it, i think about setup adjustments and that makes me go for an hour sometimes, she thinks i climax, but it is just my excitement for working out a hot setup
Old 06-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by implusepro

when you and your misses are doing it, i think about setup adjustments and that makes me go for an hour sometimes, she thinks i climax, but it is just my excitement for working out a hot setup
Old 06-05-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by implusepro

hmmm, something wrong there. Give me a choice of a good hot woman in bed and a hot setup, that setup will get rather cold before I get to it with the above choices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.