Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Nats 2004

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 03:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
mmmm might have to re-incarnate the noisy tourer, or even track down one of those new Eagle tourers, they look pretty good
dont do it!
Old 12-21-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

mmmm might have to re-incarnate the noisy tourer, or even track down one of those new Eagle tourers, they look pretty good
brad.. mate... tamiya and noisy tourer.. not good combination.. the tamiya on its own is bad enough.. let alone a bloody nitro..

Old 12-21-2003, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Carbon_Fibre3
brad.. mate... tamiya and noisy tourer.. not good combination.. the tamiya on its own is bad enough.. let alone a bloody nitro..
one word.... nitrosAREmadMANmtx3ONLYwayTOgo

brad? tamiya? is that why even i was passing you last meet?! i let you pass thinking i was doing the right thing, then i found myself having to lap you
Old 12-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

no i was driving a tc3 it is a testbed for new brushless systems, currently we have a kontronic installed and am still coming to terms with the car and the system. I think i did faster laptimes with the sexray in 19t.

Tamiya 414 is a new project, has had some issues, but i am getting a feel for it now, and it went very well yesterday at the enduro.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Carbon_Fibre3

bad words about Tamiya have been noted.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Well looks like a few phone calls went around on the weekend about the stock motors. And it all sorted cool, good to see the Stock class remaining a stock class and should make the major class in number happy again. Not too sure on dropping the ROAR listing but there must be a reason for it. Dave Smith rung me about this but looks to be sorted for stock. Maybe it would of been best to just leave the rules the way it was as it worked.

So remember that the other ACHMACCAS rules apply. Hate to do this but where do you stand about only running the motor after it has been approved for 4 months. I would say this has been dropped as well. Not too sure on this but time to get the new motors in.

Again thanks to RC Tech for creating a great web site for us to discuss rules before it blows up on the day.

Coxy.

Last edited by Coxy; 12-21-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Guys,

Need some motel names/numbers close to the track. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Coxy
Well looks like a few phone calls went around on the weekend about the stock motors. And it all sorted cool, good to see the Stock class remaining a stock class and should make the major class in number happy again. Not too sure on dropping the ROAR listing but there must be a reason for it. Dave Smith rung me about this but looks to be sorted for stock. Maybe it would of been best to just leave the rules the way it was as it worked.

So remember that the other ACHMACCAS rules apply. Hate to do this but where do you stand about only running the motor after it has been approved for 4 months. I would say this has been dropped as well. Not too sure on this but time to get the new motors in.

Again thanks to RC Tech for creating a great web site for us to discuss rules before it blows up on the day.

Coxy.
Ok so obviously the person who wrote the rule amendment can not understand what has been written, in plain english the amendment overrides all ARCMACCA's rules, if i am asked to scrutineer a car, by whoever is in the tent (as happens every big meet) i will allow outlaw motors.

Also what about the multitude of stock racers out there who do not read RCTECH? if i prepare for a meeting based on the rules provided at time of entry, that is what i would expect to run.

Also i love how all the powers that be, read these pages but dont post and dont admit to reading it
Old 12-21-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Ok so obviously the person who wrote the rule amendment can not understand what has been written, in plain english the amendment overrides all ARCMACCA's rules,
The spiel written about stock motors is not an amendment or a specification. It is a CLASSIFICATION directing the reader to the ARMACCAS's list of rules. To override the ARMACCAS specs it would have to say "Timing is open". The only reason something was written in their about stock motors is to ovveride the ROAR approved list as it obviously does not apply. Just my interpretaion of the english language.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Also i love how all the powers that be, read these pages but dont post and dont admit to reading it
I admit that was probably the most frustrating part
Old 12-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by SchuMi2
Guys,

Need some motel names/numbers close to the track. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Rooty hill resort would be the best in the area,

Blacktown travelodge.
Cnr Reservoir & Holbeche Rds Blacktown NSW 2148
ph: 1300 886 886

Voyager Motel
863 Great Western Hwy Minchinbury NSW 2770
ph: (02) 9625 9902
Old 12-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Ok so obviously the person who wrote the rule amendment can not understand what has been written, in plain english the amendment overrides all ARCMACCA's rules, if i am asked to scrutineer a car, by whoever is in the tent (as happens every big meet) i will allow outlaw motors.

Also what about the multitude of stock racers out there who do not read RCTECH? if i prepare for a meeting based on the rules provided at time of entry, that is what i would expect to run.

I'm sure the host club will make the right decision and run to the rules that beneifts all racers, the rules been the ones we always run, just like at the Nationals.

We all know the entry form was miss leading, and we have all had fun pointing out holes in the rules, i think we can move on now. I'm sure all racers pacticipating in the stock class want to run the National rules and will do so on the day.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

looks like I will enter into stock,

I have a slightly used Monster Stock Pro,

what sort of brushes and spring would be good for this motor?
Old 12-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by black-knight
I'm sure the host club will make the right decision and run to the rules that beneifts all racers, the rules been the ones we always run, just like at the Nationals.

We all know the entry form was miss leading, and we have all had fun pointing out holes in the rules, i think we can move on now. I'm sure all racers pacticipating in the stock class want to run the National rules and will do so on the day.
Yes on the day the Summer Nats will be a great event. If it's as hot as last year I will be in the pool. after last year it was stupid hot and silly us for staying out there LOL.

Your right about SORMCC making the best decision in the rules. As it's the racers that make the rules for racers in mind.

Coxy.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

bad words about Tamiya have been noted

looks like I will enter into stock,
I have a slightly used Monster Stock Pro,

what sort of brushes and spring would be good for this motor?
just use the springs that came with it, and ditto brushes ( if they are cactus.. get fantom 315 brushes)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.