Search

Cars and Parts for Charity

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Exclamation Cars and Parts for Charity

Hi all,

A quick call out to anyone who has unused / unwanted cars, parts, radio and electrics etc. they can donate for kids less fortunate.

I was sent an email a couple of weeks back from a fellow in QLD Mark Baker who has a length of time off work due to illness, and to stop himself from going crazy with boredom has come up with the idea of getting some car kits together for kids this Christmas.

This is a new project so ANY gear is appreciated, there is no narrow list of what's needed, that will happen as stuff starts to come.

He is not affilliated with any charity at the present.

He is willing to pay postage costs so there is no expense to you (although if you can it would be appreciated).

From several emails I can see he is genuine about the endeavour, and it is a great cause to get involved in some capacity.

To make it easier, I will pool items from this area (Sydney) and send up in one or 2 larger parcels at a time to cut total postage costs. I race at St Ives every 1st and 3rd Sunday so please come up and see me, or drop me a PM for other arrangements.

If anyone else in other areas can do the same, please let me know. Or you can email Mark directly:

[email protected]

Thanks everyone in advance for your help.

Cheers
Tom.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What a great idea Always good to help someone a little less fortunate than ourselves.

Just a couple of questions though 1. Are the kids handicapped, homeless, sick, poor etc. Not that it matters i'm just curious.

2. Do the cars need to be in full working order?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking Teen RC Christmas Project as requested

Hello to all,
Do you have radio controlled cars, boats, partly built projects, broken models, Batteries, chargers, Nitro or electric motors and accessories for Gas and electric cars or boats, or just that box of spare parts taking up space in your cupboards or shed?
Don’t know what to do with them? Would like some pocket money? Would like to help someone at Christmas time that cannot normally enjoy the thrill of Radio Control?
Well, please contact me and let’s see if we can make a deal.
I am building and repairing as many models as I can from spare parts by Christmas to give away to teenage boys and girls, those who just don’t seem to quite fit the Christmas gift donations so generously given by loving and caring Australians.
I have a Brisbane Family radio station in mind to distribute these for me; however they will not be contacted until I have a good idea of how many I can complete and if I can fulfil what I have started.
I am not rich so please don’t contact me if you are looking to make a lot of money from a sale. This is to help those teenagers in need, not to help ourselves.
Any form of help toward this project can be of great benefit to achieve its aim; many thanks in anticipation.

Kindest regards
[email protected]

Some of the photos for authenticity and Legitimacy: Work area and some donations recieved so far from generous supporters; also a few finished gifts ready to go. More photos are available.

This is a list of generous supporters so far: You Guys are Awesome!!!!

Mark Wallin, John Telek (ACT), Philip Yabsley (Boss Compressors Brisbane),
RC Warehouse Brisbane (Pending), Tom Clifford (Saint Ives RC Club), Your Choice Tyre and Mechanical, Steve and Daniel, Tony from Wynnum QLD
........YOUR NAME COULD BE HERE...........
Attached Thumbnails Cars and Parts for Charity-img_0006-small.jpg   Cars and Parts for Charity-img_0007-small.jpg   Cars and Parts for Charity-img_0008-small.jpg   Cars and Parts for Charity-img_0009-small.jpg   Cars and Parts for Charity-img_0010-small.jpg  

Last edited by TipTop; 05-10-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: More Support offered
Old 05-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freestyles
What a great idea Always good to help someone a little less fortunate than ourselves.

Just a couple of questions though 1. Are the kids handicapped, homeless, sick, poor etc. Not that it matters i'm just curious.

2. Do the cars need to be in full working order?

Thanks
Hey freestyles

Just whatever people have that they can part with, working or not, Mark will do his best to get things going.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

we've got a 1/18 off road buggy he can have, my 6 year old son Daniel, was happy to donate,
When are you sending the shipment up to him?
Cheers
Steve
Old 05-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Steve

Probably every couple of weeks or so, depends how much comes through.

Thanks for that, really appreciated.

Cheers
Tom.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Cool Your Awesome

Steve,

thank you so much Steve and young Daniel; this is very cool having a young man helping his less fortunate older young men and woman.

It is through the generosity of sponcers such as yourselves, that this project is gaining speed and popularity every day and is heading toward a great success. There are going to be some very big smiles this Christmas and I'm excited it is going so well, as I don't believe it has been attempted before.

Thank you Daniel for your wonderful generousity and Steve for your awesome support. Keep your eye on the mail after Christmas..............

Kindest regards Mark.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

X5 Addict, your ongoing support is awesome.

Thank you Mark.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Freestyles

Hi Freestyles, email sent in responce to your offer.

Very appreciative, Mark.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Mark.

I've send you an E-mail.

Mark