Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Funny you should ask that, I counted them on the weekend and I'm embarassed to say there are 31, 5 of which aren't working and are being kept for spare gears. Also about 8 of them came with a box of vintage cars and gear a client of mine gave me. And yet I still had trouble finding one for Jasper's BJ4 the other day, I wanted a metal geared basic servo, finally ended up putting in a cheapy which a certain ghostly hobby store employee told me they had never had any of returned, when I was returning the first one....anyway it failed after 5 minutes, even with a servo saver, so I took it back and swapped it for a HS645MG. I like these and the Futaba 9551, both of which I have at least two each of and have never had any trouble with in 3 years of pretty heavy abuse.

Do I like a good Ebay deal? Put it this way, when I walk into our local post office he says "hi Nick I have two parcels for you today". But I don't just stick with Ebay, I'm a Platinum customer at a host of sites.
31 is deep into the hobby. Did I hear right that you intend to have all your R/C cars fully installed with electronics ready to go. Does this mean you have 31 cars?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
31 is deep into the hobby. Did I hear right that you intend to have all your R/C cars fully installed with electronics ready to go. Does this mean you have 31 cars?
There are 26 in total, including some spare BJ4's, but at present there are 18 ready to run with the addition of a battery, I just need to find the time to get the FAV, the Raven, the X6, the Fox and the Top Force Evo going.

Tonight it's the shocks on the DB01, tomorrow night the T4 shocks and new on-road race body, Thursday night will be the Clodbuster shocks, Friday night will be gear diffs in the TA05.........and so it goes, because none of these (except the Top Force Brendan gave me) are shelfers, they are all driven regularly and hard - remember I have two sons as well as me driving them - so there is maintenance to do every night.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

There are 26 in total, including some spare BJ4's, but at present there are 18 ready to run with the addition of a battery, I just need to find the time to get the FAV, the Raven, the X6, the Fox and the Top Force Evo going.

Tonight it's the shocks on the DB01, tomorrow night the T4 shocks and new on-road race body, Thursday night will be the Clodbuster shocks, Friday night will be gear diffs in the TA05.........and so it goes, because none of these (except the Top Force Brendan gave me) are shelfers, they are all driven regularly and hard - remember I have two sons as well as me driving them - so there is maintenance to do every night.
That is an insane schedule. I don't work on my car during weekdays unless for a big race. I can't imagine spending all that time on RC that's not racing. In fact the RT5 hardly needs any attention after it's 30 minutes of race time.

What's the favourite car? Don't mess about either, just one all time favourite.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1
That is an insane schedule. I don't work on my car during weekdays unless for a big race. I can't imagine spending all that time on RC that's not racing. In fact the RT5 hardly needs any attention after it's 30 minutes of race time.

What's the favourite car? Don't mess about either, just one all time favourite.
Oh that's like asking me to choose my favourite child, but if I have to name one it would be the FAV. That's purely for sentimental reasons as it was the first RC car I ever played with. It belonged to my mate who lived down the road and we used to take it out to the National Park behind my place and fang it around the little sandy beaches along the creeks. We were about 17 at the time and he had brought back an FAV and an on-road something with a Merc body from a school rowing trip to Japan, we just thought these things were the ultimate in technology, as we did about our Apple II and VCR at the time. It was a great summer that one, until ..............

Funny story really, his sister has been a client of mine on and off for about 15 years and she was always saying "you and he should catch up again and have a drink", so one day about 6 years ago I finally called him and we all got together for dinner at his place. So we started talking about old times etc and to be honest I had completely forgotten why we had fallen out or lost contact, I assumed it was because I had gone to Uni in Canberra and we had just drifted apart (keeping in mind I don't really remember the 80's) and so I said "Can you remember why we lost contact?" And he replied "I slept with your girlfriend" and the whole epsiode came back to me like a wave of nausea and, you know what, even though I had completely forgotten about the whole thing and even when reminded about it it was just little snippets of recall, I was completely pissed off again. We do see each other occassionally still, but everytime I see him I can't help getting angry again - I don't even think I liked the girl that much. Life's weird like that.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Oh that's like asking me to choose my favourite child, but if I have to name one it would be the FAV. That's purely for sentimental reasons as it was the first RC car I ever played with. It belonged to my mate who lived down the road and we used to take it out to the National Park behind my place and fang it around the little sandy beaches along the creeks. We were about 17 at the time and he had brought back an FAV and an on-road something with a Merc body from a school rowing trip to Japan, we just thought these things were the ultimate in technology, as we did about our Apple II and VCR at the time. It was a great summer that one, until ..............

Funny story really, his sister has been a client of mine on and off for about 15 years and she was always saying "you and he should catch up again and have a drink", so one day about 6 years ago I finally called him and we all got together for dinner at his place. So we started talking about old times etc and to be honest I had completely forgotten why we had fallen out or lost contact, I assumed it was because I had gone to Uni in Canberra and we had just drifted apart (keeping in mind I don't really remember the 80's) and so I said "Can you remember why we lost contact?" And he replied "I slept with your girlfriend" and the whole epsiode came back to me like a wave of nausea and, you know what, even though I had completely forgotten about the whole thing and even when reminded about it it was just little snippets of recall, I was completely pissed off again. We do see each other occassionally still, but everytime I see him I can't help getting angry again - I don't even think I liked the girl that much. Life's weird like that.
Yeah that guy sucks. Screw him, someone's probably sleeping with his wife. The rest is great. I love the mounted machine gun on the FAV. Dave had his running around beside track on Saturday, looked smaller than the buggies we are used to.

Next question. So last year I looked like Ned Kelly. Which legend do you look like?
Old 11-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dont mind me Ned..just some light visual entertainment whilst Nick formulates that reponse....

Who said our jumps arent scale

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1
Yeah that guy sucks. Screw him, someone's probably sleeping with his wife.
Well yeah of course, he's a pom!
Originally Posted by 1
Next question. So last year I looked like Ned Kelly. Which legend do you look like?
Well when I left the barber the other day I looked like this:
Maybe I should do Movember next year.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Peli
Dont mind me Ned..just some light visual entertainment whilst Nick formulates that reponse....

Who said our jumps arent scale

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That's not a truck. I want to see this do some scale jumps!

+ YouTube Video
Old 11-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Well yeah of course, he's a pom!

Well when I left the barber the other day I looked like this:
Maybe I should do Movember next year.
Isn't Steve is it?

That guy Stalin, you could nail that look. No one would ever sleep with your girlfriend again and have the balls to ever remind you.

Racing, any international races planned next year?

Last edited by 1; 11-22-2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Spelling! and then some other stuff whilst at it.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry to bring the thread off topic, but for clarification, do the members of Sydney Radio Control Car Club and council allow the public on weekdays to use 1/8th electrics vehicles of any type? Or is it limited to 1/8th buggies only?
Old 11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bring on the truck racing class.

yeah
Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mocky
Sorry to bring the thread off topic, but for clarification, do the members of Sydney Radio Control Car Club and council allow the public on weekdays to use 1/8th electrics vehicles of any type? Or is it limited to 1/8th buggies only?
It's one of those things that is difficult to enforce. The only thing that we, as a club ask is you treat the track with respect.

ie..
* It's a race track, use it as such and not for general bashing
* Stay off the track when it's damp. A good rule of thumb is, if your foot leaves an imprint, then the track is too soft to use.
* Give way to smaller cars
* watch out for kids.

The council doesn't provide any financial contribution to the upkeep of the track, so what you see is the result of lots of blood, sweat and tears from club members. (often using just hand tools)

Keeping those things in mind... enjoy the track

Last edited by littlejohn; 11-22-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

+1 .... and if you aren't confident enough to do laps with a 1/8E without nose diving the jumps or running into the lane markers we would appreciate you staying off. The biggest concern however is children who play on the track, that is why we usually only allow 1/8E on special race days so we can control who is on the track.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Jcons Clash

Hi Guys,
The Jcons Clash is being held at St Ives on Sunday the 4th of December. We have had very few big meets in the local Sydney area this year along with so many rained out club days it would be good to support this event.

In particular to you SCT guys, if you want to push your class this is a good chance to show it at another club. Without your support ultimately will make it harder to get the class recognised and harder for us at home.

If you’re worried about the tires, St Ives will have them available at the track at really good prices, check out the Clash thread under the events section. I ran them at last year’s event and at Ryde last Saturday Twilight and they are great at both tracks. Entries are online on the St Ives website.

And for some last minute race practice come down to Ryde on Dec 3rd for Twilight to get you into race mode before Sunday.
Enter online through Alycat online entries.

Cheers
Shane
Ryde Pres
Old 11-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for clearing things about 1/8e's. Reason I ask is that I have a converted RC8T which I want to practice driving competitively with during weekdays. I'll be sure to follow the code of conduct, and be aware of the children about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.