Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doorz
It woud definetly be in picaso style,,with a modern twist,,in oil,for the texture,,,it would bring out warners features,,,maybe he could have wings as ears,standing there holding his radio with sunnys on,,,
It would have to be in Daves colours of ,blue,black and white,,,
Daves tshirt in the pic could read,"Harlow who?",,,

With some smaller wallet size pics of Harlow in the same pose for the rest of the family,,,

Dancers would be optional,,
That's just great. I want one too, maybe of Tom and Dazzryanna playing a game of chess, the chess pieces on one side dazza's trophies and on Toms side empty bottle of much more tyre glue.

Now a much more serious note here. The young fellas. There's a lack of Junior stock in RC these days, I sometime hear the stock situation coined as "Goo Goo Gaa Gaa and Goliath" syndrome. We all know there's a lot of information and so called guidance for our new young drivers. But you, I and many people out there know there is one vital racers tip that can help out these young impressionable and vulnerable new drivers. Seeing your standing in the RC community, you're epic efforts turning around a dying club in the forrest to a champion force to any club challenge, your past testament as not only a president but king of the Castle Hill club...

I ask you for all to know- What hairstyle will give a novice racer the fastest lap times?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
That's just great. I want one too, maybe of Tom and Dazzryanna playing a game of chess, the chess pieces on one side dazza's trophies and on Toms side empty bottle of much more tyre glue.

Now a much more serious note here. The young fellas. There's a lack of Junior stock in RC these days, I sometime hear the stock situation coined as "Goo Goo Gaa Gaa and Goliath" syndrome. We all know there's a lot of information and so called guidance for our new young drivers. But you, I and many people out there know there is one vital racers tip that can help out these young impressionable and vulnerable new drivers. Seeing your standing in the RC community, you're epic efforts turning around a dying club in the forrest to a champion force to any club challenge, your past testament as not only a president but king of the Castle Hill club...

I ask you for all to know- What hairstyle will give a novice racer the fastest lap times?
It has to be a "Jak Rizzo",,,,,,even the name is fast,,,

look for pics of above on vintage or casso threads past pages,
Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman

Awesome interview Doorz !
I'm over it, get a room guys (i.e. St Ives thread) and end your sexual tension over there. They need the traffic.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nckmat
I'm over it, get a room guys (i.e. St Ives thread) and end your sexual tension over there. They need the traffic.
Sorry nick, you don't have to read them just ignore. We can talk more about your thumb cut. Are you feeling better? Tell us again about the servos you bought on ebay, sounded like a great deal.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doorz
It has to be a "Jak Rizzo",,,,,,even the name is fast,,,

look for pics of above on vintage or casso threads past pages,
Yes that is a great hairstyle, and in addition his cars always look mint.

So my final question, how does the future of 1/10 Off Road R/C racing over the next 5 years look to you. What would you like to see happen, and what theme song would you play whilst we consider this future?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Don't worry Nick St Ives don't need the traffic we are doing just fine on our thread with useful information.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Our thread is so cool

I reckon Baggs pondering song would be" Yor the Voice" Johnny Farnham
Old 10-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jenny?? is that you

Old 10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
Sorry nick, you don't have to read them just ignore. We can talk more about your thumb cut. Are you feeling better? Tell us again about the servos you bought on ebay, sounded like a great deal.

Hey if you thought that was interesting let me tell you about orifice plates they're sooo cool...An orifice plate is a thin plate with a hole in the middle. It is usually placed in a pipe in which fluid flows. When the fluid reaches the orifice plate, with the hole in the middle, the fluid is forced to converge to go through the small hole; the point of maximum convergence actually occurs shortly downstream of the physical orifice, at the so-called vena contracta point. As it does so, the velocity and the pressure changes. Beyond the vena contracta, the fluid expands and the velocity and pressure change once again. By measuring the difference in fluid pressure between the normal pipe section and at the vena contracta, the volumetric and mass flow rates can be obtained from Bernoulli's equation.

And what is Bernoulli's equation you ask? In fluid dynamics, Bernoulli's principle states that for an inviscid flow, an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid's potential energy. Bernoulli's principle is named after the Dutch-Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli who published his principle in his book Hydrodynamica in 1738.

Bernoulli's principle can be applied to various types of fluid flow, resulting in what is loosely denoted as Bernoulli's equation. In fact, there are different forms of the Bernoulli equation for different types of flow. The simple form of Bernoulli's principle is valid for incompressible flows (e.g. most liquid flows) and also for compressible flows (e.g. gases) moving at low Mach numbers. More advanced forms may in some cases be applied to compressible flows at higher Mach numbers (see the derivations of the Bernoulli equation).

Bernoulli's principle can be derived from the principle of conservation of energy. This states that, in a steady flow, the sum of all forms of mechanical energy in a fluid along a streamline is the same at all points on that streamline. This requires that the sum of kinetic energy and potential energy remain constant. Thus an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs proportionately with an increase in both its dynamic pressure and kinetic energy, and a decrease in its static pressure and potential energy. If the fluid is flowing out of a reservoir the sum of all forms of energy is the same on all streamlines because in a reservoir the energy per unit volume (the sum of pressure and gravitational potential ρ g h) is the same everywhere.

Bernoulli's principle can also be derived directly from Newton's 2nd law. If a small volume of fluid is flowing horizontally from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure, then there is more pressure behind than in front. This gives a net force on the volume, accelerating it along the streamline.

Fluid particles are subject only to pressure and their own weight. If a fluid is flowing horizontally and along a section of a streamline, where the speed increases it can only be because the fluid on that section has moved from a region of higher pressure to a region of lower pressure; and if its speed decreases, it can only be because it has moved from a region of lower pressure to a region of higher pressure. Consequently, within a fluid flowing horizontally, the highest speed occurs where the pressure is lowest, and the lowest speed occurs where the pressure is highest.

In most flows of liquids, and of gases at low Mach number, the mass density of a fluid parcel can be considered to be constant, regardless of pressure variations in the flow. For this reason the fluid in such flows can be considered to be incompressible and these flows can be described as incompressible flow. Bernoulli performed his experiments on liquids and his equation in its original form is valid only for incompressible flow. A common form of Bernoulli's equation, valid at any arbitrary point along a streamline where gravity is constant, is:

v is the fluid flow speed at a point on a streamline
g is the acceleration due to gravity
z is the elevation of the point above a reference plane, with the positive z-direction pointing upward – so in the direction opposite to the gravitational acceleration
p is the pressure at the chosen point, and
is the density of the fluid at all points in the fluid

And don't get me started on conservative force fields.

How cool is that?

Who said this thread is full of mindless dribble?

Last edited by nckmat; 10-21-2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Added some zing
Old 10-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Peli
Jenny?? is that you

EXACTLY!

I thought the same straight away Poor nick, need a holiday
Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Wow, that was actually quite informative.
Now I just have to apply this to my RC car somehow to cut my lap times.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Hey if you thought that was interesting let me tell you about orifice plates they're sooo cool...An orifice plate is a thin plate with a hole in the middle. It is usually placed in a pipe in which fluid flows. When the fluid reaches the orifice plate, with the hole in the middle, the fluid is forced to converge to go through the small hole; the point of maximum convergence actually occurs shortly downstream of the physical orifice, at the so-called vena contracta point. As it does so, the velocity and the pressure changes. Beyond the vena contracta, the fluid expands and the velocity and pressure change once again. By measuring the difference in fluid pressure between the normal pipe section and at the vena contracta, the volumetric and mass flow rates can be obtained from Bernoulli's equation.

And what is Bernoulli's equation you ask? In fluid dynamics, Bernoulli's principle states that for an inviscid flow, an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid's potential energy. Bernoulli's principle is named after the Dutch-Swiss mathematician Daniel Bernoulli who published his principle in his book Hydrodynamica in 1738.

Bernoulli's principle can be applied to various types of fluid flow, resulting in what is loosely denoted as Bernoulli's equation. In fact, there are different forms of the Bernoulli equation for different types of flow. The simple form of Bernoulli's principle is valid for incompressible flows (e.g. most liquid flows) and also for compressible flows (e.g. gases) moving at low Mach numbers. More advanced forms may in some cases be applied to compressible flows at higher Mach numbers (see the derivations of the Bernoulli equation).

Bernoulli's principle can be derived from the principle of conservation of energy. This states that, in a steady flow, the sum of all forms of mechanical energy in a fluid along a streamline is the same at all points on that streamline. This requires that the sum of kinetic energy and potential energy remain constant. Thus an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs proportionately with an increase in both its dynamic pressure and kinetic energy, and a decrease in its static pressure and potential energy. If the fluid is flowing out of a reservoir the sum of all forms of energy is the same on all streamlines because in a reservoir the energy per unit volume (the sum of pressure and gravitational potential ρ g h) is the same everywhere.

Bernoulli's principle can also be derived directly from Newton's 2nd law. If a small volume of fluid is flowing horizontally from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure, then there is more pressure behind than in front. This gives a net force on the volume, accelerating it along the streamline.

Fluid particles are subject only to pressure and their own weight. If a fluid is flowing horizontally and along a section of a streamline, where the speed increases it can only be because the fluid on that section has moved from a region of higher pressure to a region of lower pressure; and if its speed decreases, it can only be because it has moved from a region of lower pressure to a region of higher pressure. Consequently, within a fluid flowing horizontally, the highest speed occurs where the pressure is lowest, and the lowest speed occurs where the pressure is highest.

In most flows of liquids, and of gases at low Mach number, the mass density of a fluid parcel can be considered to be constant, regardless of pressure variations in the flow. For this reason the fluid in such flows can be considered to be incompressible and these flows can be described as incompressible flow. Bernoulli performed his experiments on liquids and his equation in its original form is valid only for incompressible flow. A common form of Bernoulli's equation, valid at any arbitrary point along a streamline where gravity is constant, is:

v is the fluid flow speed at a point on a streamline
g is the acceleration due to gravity
z is the elevation of the point above a reference plane, with the positive z-direction pointing upward so in the direction opposite to the gravitational acceleration
p is the pressure at the chosen point, and
is the density of the fluid at all points in the fluid

And don't get me started on conservative force fields.

How cool is that?

Who said this thread is full of mindless dribble?
Very clever, whoever wrote that. Unfortunately I couldn't fully concentrate just now cause one of the junkies with tourettes is shouting up and down the street. I actually like what she has to say too, wish I could just say that kind of stuff, I work with a lot of princess magazine types who need that serving. She actually looks like a respectable mother, shabby chic mother that is.

Anyway, so what are you planning, an orifice powered car?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yes, a gas powered buggy.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roman
Yes, a gas powered buggy.
You can spot his driving style a mile off

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That's a dangerous RC car , wouldn't want to use lipos with that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.