Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
the esc poped once i hit the throttle fan still spins but but no throttle and no lights i have a meter thats why i want to buy a motor checker it will be easer
I would still try to measure the voltage across each phase and see if there is much of a difference.
If in doubt, you can ebay an inductance/capacitance multimeter. They can be had pretty cheap.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
Was sick of all the 1/2-3/4 worn tyres in my pitbox....so this weekend,i turned all of them into slicks

Them 2 pairs of Barcodes was all i had left at the end
Ditto that, I balded three sets of tyres on Saturday; it may be fun and grippy but it is starting to become expensive!

Did anybody notice that we didn't sweep the track all day on Saturday? It felt like you were driving on brushed concrete sometimes, indeed in some places you actually were.

Think I may have solved my 2WD handling issues, dropped the ride height back down and threw in some 30 deg caster blocks and a touch of toe out, to try and get some more mid to end steering. Will test tomorrow and see how it feels.

As for 4WD, shit happens. There was nothing wrong with my set-up so I'm not touching anything on there, just some new tyres and wheel nuts and re-loctite the CVD grub screws and then Roman can eat my dust.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by littlejohn
I would still try to measure the voltage across each phase and see if there is much of a difference.
If in doubt, you can ebay an inductance/capacitance multimeter. They can be had pretty cheap.
I just bought the extreme bmc-1 motor tester $79 shipped from hobby partz
Old 03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nckmat
Think I may have solved my 2WD handling issues, dropped the ride height back down and threw in some 30 deg caster blocks and a touch of toe out, to try and get some more mid to end steering. Will test tomorrow and see how it feels.
toe out to get mid/late corner steering?
I would think you would go no toe or toe in to get mid/late corner steering. The weight transfer will be on the outside front wheel... If you toe out, you will be pushing.
why not just lower the front a mm or two??
Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

As for 4WD, shit happens. There was nothing wrong with my set-up so I'm not touching anything on there, just some new tyres and wheel nuts and re-loctite the CVD grub screws and then Roman can eat my dust.
We will see about that, but we both have to get past Robert U. first, and Peter M. is right behind me... and sounds like Brent G. and Jimmy K. might be joining us soon !
Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
We will see about that, but we both have to get past Robert U. first, and Peter M. is right behind me... and sounds like Brent G. and Jimmy K. might be joining us soon !
You got that right. Coming to get you's
This will be fun
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

2WD understeer solved! 1 deg toe out, 30 deg caster blocks. Tested it this morning and it was brilliant, much sharper on the hairpins and still stable on the sweepers, now I just need to make sure I concentrate on the track instead of the thing that had me, Roman, Peli and Jimmy distracted on Saturday, it was back again today and even more distracting! PM me for details.

And I went through another set of rear tyres in the 10 minutes of testing! They weren't exactly new, but they would have lasted a couple of race meets this time last year.

BTW, everybody keep your eyes open for good clean deep clay when you are driving around as I have had approval from Council to dump soil/clay in the top carpark area until we get the lights finished in April. It must be clean and free of building rubble so it needs to be from something like a pool dig or excavation for a basement. If you find something, just ask the site supervisor if he wants to dump his clay for free and give him my number and I will organise to let their trucks in.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bsshbr
This will be fun
What happen? Mod scare you 2 off
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

BTW, everybody keep your eyes open for good clean deep clay when you are driving around as I have had approval from Council to dump soil/clay in the top carpark area until we get the lights finished in April. It must be clean and free of building rubble so it needs to be from something like a pool dig or excavation for a basement. If you find something, just ask the site supervisor if he wants to dump his clay for free and give him my number and I will organise to let their trucks in.
Nice 1 Nick.
Lets hunt around for at least 100 tonne
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Brenos
Nice 1 Nick.
Lets hunt around for at least 100 tonne
Awesome news Nick !!!
Let's all be on the lookout boys and girls and see if we can make a mountain of sandy clay !!!
We need to make sure It's not full of rocks and junk like last time though...
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by bsshbr
This will be fun
They couldn't handle the horsepower in their overpowered cars !
They also couldn't handle the fact that I am doing more laps than them...
Old 03-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome news Nick !!!
Let's all be on the lookout boys and girls and see if we can make a mountain of sandy clay !!!
I got an awesome pair of pliers out of that pile of clay Saw a lawnmower in there too
Old 03-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
I just bought the extreme bmc-1 motor tester $79 shipped from hobby partz
Jimmy,have you tried changing the sensor cable,,
putting a different motor in,,make sure your solder joints are sweet..etc..
problems can be solved without spending $$$..
my say....
Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome news Nick !!!
No Roman no sandy clay.
Just clay. Sand is what ruins it.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Na mate , watched 4wd stock & loved what I saw .
If it's not what I think it will be ,then I'll be straight back into mod.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.