Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
Yeah, i know Nick, i am filling them up with my special brand of shock oil as we speak (write).

Hayden bought a T4.1, i am jealous.
You will have heaps of fun running the "truggy" Hayden.

What project are you working on Steve ?
Is your mum still here, and did she have a good time in Oz ?
She left today, Had a great time with the children, watched 101 dalmations about a dozen times with Alyssa, zoo, scenicworld, luna park, crunnulla, BBQ's etc, a lot packed into 8 days
The only project I'm working on is my career and what I can do
I'll fill you in next time I see you,
Maybe on Sunday
And Nick, I'm the one with the idea of the family trip to Maitland not Nicole, why can't RC and family live together in harmony.
when half your family are half way round the world from you, RC racing is not really that important, RC friends are, shit now I'm sounding like Daz.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Real dissapointed with the Duratrax Vendetta rally, looks a great bit of kit until within 1 battery 2 driveshafts snapped at the inboard end, modded it into a 2wd so Daniel could show his nan (with who's B-day money it was bought)then another driveshaft shat itself, wrote a snooty email to Duratrax,
received reply from duratrax, and they are sending me 2 sets of steel driveshfts,they must know that there is a problem. anyway Good service from them

Last edited by old_skoolie; 10-04-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

whose racing in truck mod at maitland
Old 10-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Online entrys are open for Maitland, I'm booked entered & ready to go ,can't wait
Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm in 4WD Stock and Truck Stock, just hope I can get my shit together this time!
Old 10-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
Ill be running in truck mod jimmy.

Also, is everyone just driving up on the day or what. staying the night before?

any where cheap to stay

what time does it start.

what time would it finish approx.

just wondering if i can do it all in one day or whether i should stay somewhere.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

actually just thinking now, is it gonna be the same whith only 3 people per club???

hope not. if so whos running?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimkoimanis
Bobcat.. I'm pretty sure the rules for truck mod is 3 drivers nominated by each club.

but truck stock you can run..
Old 10-05-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

4wd stock for me
on a different note, I just spent the last 6hrs replacing every electrylitic capacitor (over 60 caps) on my Audiophile grade 1990 Onkyo Integra CD player, Just plugged it in a man it sounds sweet, just need to send it in for an alignment now.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

I didn't see anything about Mod Truck for this round. Let's just see what the people who makes these decisions say.

I just did an update on the website and noticed that we have lost more days to rain this year than we did for the whole year last year. It has been the wettest year in 10 years (or something) but still bloody annoying.

I went to the track today at lunch and it is a complete mess again! Kids have been running in the mud and riding bikes on it, the half pipe was 200mm deep in water, the drains are completeply blocked and there were heaps of giant puddles all over the place. I dug some drains to get rid of the water but it is just all flowing down to thge drain in the half pipe that is blocked.

Has anybody ever used an electric eel before? I am thinking of hiring one but I am not sure how to use it.

Apart from that we need as many people as we can to get down to the track over the next few days and get on the brooms to get rid of all the crap on the surface if we are going to have a race meet on Sunday.

Nick
Old 10-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

so can i run 2wd mod and truck stock at maitland
and who is going to be the three people to run in truck mod peli (1) seano (2) and the other prerson is going to be who shan if u gose
Old 10-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nckmat
I didn't see anything about Mod Truck for this round. Let's just see what the people who makes these decisions say.

I just did an update on the website and noticed that we have lost more days to rain this year than we did for the whole year last year. It has been the wettest year in 10 years (or something) but still bloody annoying.

I went to the track today at lunch and it is a complete mess again! Kids have been running in the mud and riding bikes on it, the half pipe was 200mm deep in water, the drains are completeply blocked and there were heaps of giant puddles all over the place. I dug some drains to get rid of the water but it is just all flowing down to thge drain in the half pipe that is blocked.

Has anybody ever used an electric eel before? I am thinking of hiring one but I am not sure how to use it.

Apart from that we need as many people as we can to get down to the track over the next few days and get on the brooms to get rid of all the crap on the surface if we are going to have a race meet on Sunday.

Nick
website says Truck mod.is limited to 12 entries, so looks like the same rules apply
Old 10-05-2010, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

How many tonnes of clay do you guys reckon we would need if I can get it from work to put 100mm topping on the entire track? The stuff we have at work is ceramic grade, very uniform clay, unlike St Ives' clay this is refined and we would probably need to add sand to it. I haven't had anybody say a definite yes yet as we currently send it to Boral to make bricks, but I have started the ball rolling and it looks kind of positive.

The negative of this type of clay is that when it's wet it is really slippery (think pottery class at school) but if we add some sand it could work.

Nick
Old 10-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nckmat
How many tonnes of clay do you guys reckon we would need if I can get it from work to put 100mm topping on the entire track? The stuff we have at work is ceramic grade, very uniform clay, unlike St Ives' clay this is refined and we would probably need to add sand to it. I haven't had anybody say a definite yes yet as we currently send it to Boral to make bricks, but I have started the ball rolling and it looks kind of positive.

The negative of this type of clay is that when it's wet it is really slippery (think pottery class at school) but if we add some sand it could work.

Nick
track= 40x20m=800sqm
800sqm/10=80 tons
rough estimate
Old 10-05-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
track= 40x20m=800sqm
800sqm/10=80 tons
rough estimate
make it 100 tons and u will have enough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.