Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:16 PM
  #7816  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,430
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

It's VERY wet, but after all the work I have put into the track and my cars this week I am not quite ready to call it a no go just yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion!!!!!!!

Why is it always the days that I am fully prepped that it rains!
nckmat is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:20 PM
  #7817  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nckmat
It's VERY wet, but after all the work I have put into the track and my cars this week I am not quite ready to call it a no go just yet, but I have a sneaking suspicion!!!!!!!

Why is it always the days that I am fully prepped that it rains!
bugger eh?.. but even if it stops raining within the next few mins.. unless the sun comes out, the track will be wet as..
littlejohn is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:24 PM
  #7818  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
bsshbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by littlejohn
bugger eh?.. but even if it stops raining within the next few mins.. unless the sun comes out, the track will be wet as..
it was pooring down about 1 hour ago at Menai ,but now the weather looks pretty good , I'll keep my fingers crossed.
bsshbr is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
  #7819  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Chelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 65
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You might have to freeze the BBQ goods til next week.. Oh well.. I can do some maintenance to my cars now, ready for next week..
Chelle is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
  #7820  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
bsshbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chelle
You might have to freeze the BBQ goods til next week.. Oh well.. I can do some maintenance to my cars now, ready for next week..
Think positive guys ,it's only 10:30 ,racing doesn't start till 3pm
bsshbr is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 06:45 PM
  #7821  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
w00kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

whats the latest time you will call this.

as i dont want to drive 45 minutes to find out its not on.
w00kie is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
  #7822  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by w00kie
whats the latest time you will call this.

as i dont want to drive 45 minutes to find out its not on.
Nick will call it shortly... My money is on it being called off
littlejohn is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
  #7823  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Okay.. Just spoke to Nick and although the rain has eased (not stopped) the track is still very wet and is unlikely to dry out enough to race on. So regrettably today's race meet is cancelled
littlejohn is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 07:19 PM
  #7824  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,213
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the update guys ... next week, then ..
wyl03 is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 07:38 PM
  #7825  
Tech Master
 
jimkoimanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: greenacre
Posts: 1,188
Default

Originally Posted by littlejohn
Okay.. Just spoke to Nick and although the rain has eased (not stopped) the track is still very wet and is unlikely to dry out enough to race on. So regrettably today's race meet is cancelled
R u serious the suns coming out now at least wait another hour be4 u guys call it off
jimkoimanis is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM
  #7826  
Tech Fanatic
 
Brenos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sydney, where else?
Posts: 993
Default

No chance guys and girls.
There's a storm due to hit in about an hour or so, check it out

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR713.loop.shtml#skip



Brendan S
Brenos is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 09:03 PM
  #7827  
Tech Master
 
jimkoimanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: greenacre
Posts: 1,188
Default

what time dose racing start at st ives tomorow depending on weather
jimkoimanis is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 11:16 PM
  #7828  
Tech Adept
 
Kung Fu Panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 137
Default

Just thought I'd let everybody know, I'll be on tele tonight. Channel 9 @ 7:30.

Btw: bummed that racing was not on today!
Kung Fu Panda is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:14 AM
  #7829  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kung Fu Panda
Just thought I'd let everybody know, I'll be on tele tonight. Channel 9 @ 7:30.

Btw: bummed that racing was not on today!
didn't know they were doing a piece on penis enlargment procedures
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 10-02-2010, 02:35 AM
  #7830  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,430
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Looks like it was the right decision not to race today; we would only have got an hour in and we would have trashed the track and everyone would have had to spend 2 hours cleaning their cars of mud (except Peli who once told me he just leaves it on to go hard and the bashes it off - hard core!)

I've set record for Channel Nine at 7:30!

See you guys in a fortnight and then again for Maitland in another two weeks.

Nick
nckmat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.