Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:47 AM
  #7726  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 2,704
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

No probs bud,anytime......rather see you racing than not

Good day today fella's.......track was grippy,but a dustbowl,more a result of lack of maintence and track prep than anything else...next time we will get more water into it during the day.....

Good to see the 1/8s hit it up in a big way..........i had a look around the track,its survived pretty well....the only holes i found were from them stacking it,and digging there towers in.....

Just neeed to get the track coated in Dustex again....Then everone be happy again...
Even though,i love the dusty tracks...so much fun,go fast or go sideways

Thanks for letting me drive yor Hyper Pete
And Johnny for a drive of yor Losi.....so much power
And KC for letting me having a few laps of the new Xray too......really nice buggy

Y can i still smell burnt electrics
That looked so cool,when i touched the throttle,smoke come out the back...much like most Fords im guessing

How good is that berm into the Halfpipe........need a camera set up there
Peli is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 01:59 AM
  #7727  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
bsshbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

What a great day it was today, was a bit dusty but that made it so much fun, thanks to everyone that made it possible
bsshbr is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:04 AM
  #7728  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 2,704
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Well done Brent...you kicked ass today,yor driving was real good to watch......

Speechley who
Peli is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:08 AM
  #7729  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
bsshbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Peli
Well done Brent...you kicked ass today,yor driving was real good to watch......

Speechley who
thanks mate
bsshbr is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:20 AM
  #7730  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,430
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Results are up: http://www.sydneyrc.com/2010/Results...ng_Report.html
nckmat is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:28 AM
  #7731  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nckmat
Nice work Nick.... that was quick..

great day.. track was pretty dusty, but there was a surprising amount of grip.. not like CC.. but not too bad.
Thanks to all that helped pack up, sorry i had to bail.
littlejohn is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 AM
  #7732  
Tech Adept
 
pjso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 102
Default

Originally Posted by Peli
No probs bud,anytime......rather see you racing than not

Good day today fella's.......track was grippy,but a dustbowl,more a result of lack of maintence and track prep than anything else...next time we will get more water into it during the day.....

Good to see the 1/8s hit it up in a big way..........i had a look around the track,its survived pretty well....the only holes i found were from them stacking it,and digging there towers in.....

Just neeed to get the track coated in Dustex again....Then everone be happy again...
Even though,i love the dusty tracks...so much fun,go fast or go sideways


Thanks for letting me drive yor Hyper Pete
And Johnny for a drive of yor Losi.....so much power
And KC for letting me having a few laps of the new Xray too......really nice buggy

Y can i still smell burnt electrics
That looked so cool,when i touched the throttle,smoke come out the back...much like most Fords im guessing

How good is that berm into the Halfpipe........need a camera set up there
No problem Peli, its a bugger that the battey died
it was a good day and hope to see you all in 2 weeks
Peter.
pjso is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:37 AM
  #7733  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
w00kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Peli
No probs bud,anytime......rather see you racing than not

Good day today fella's.......track was grippy,but a dustbowl,more a result of lack of maintence and track prep than anything else...next time we will get more water into it during the day.....

Good to see the 1/8s hit it up in a big way..........i had a look around the track,its survived pretty well....the only holes i found were from them stacking it,and digging there towers in.....

Just neeed to get the track coated in Dustex again....Then everone be happy again...
Even though,i love the dusty tracks...so much fun,go fast or go sideways

Thanks for letting me drive yor Hyper Pete
And Johnny for a drive of yor Losi.....so much power
And KC for letting me having a few laps of the new Xray too......really nice buggy

Y can i still smell burnt electrics
That looked so cool,when i touched the throttle,smoke come out the back...much like most Fords im guessing

How good is that berm into the Halfpipe........need a camera set up there
Some really good racing there today peli. thanks for letting me win the last final, twas really nice of you.
Loved how the rc18 went on the track. Guys i would eventually like to have a class for it, if anyone is interested one day to run it and try it let me know.

im sure we can work something out once the track is layed again.
w00kie is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:47 AM
  #7734  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by w00kie
Some really good racing there today peli. thanks for letting me win the last final, twas really nice of you.
Loved how the rc18 went on the track. Guys i would eventually like to have a class for it, if anyone is interested one day to run it and try it let me know.

im sure we can work something out once the track is layed again.
Chris,
Generally speaking, we will run any class so long as the numbers are there
littlejohn is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:57 AM
  #7735  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
w00kie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

alright excellent.

I know its a long shot but who would like to run 18th scale one week. lets see some hands.

cmon guys those of you who run oval or something, lets get this together.

also, bit of a shocking day with marshalling today guys, could have done better i think.
w00kie is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 03:03 AM
  #7736  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by w00kie


also, bit of a shocking day with marshalling today guys, could have done better i think.
any particular race? or generally speaking?

I thought it was ok for my races?
littlejohn is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 03:20 AM
  #7737  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by littlejohn
any particular race? or generally speaking?

I thought it was ok for my races?
did you guys have the tables out inside the fence, I like the idea of cutting of the balls of anyone who doesn't marshal after their race, either that or getting Peli to drive straight at their nuts and then posting the vid on youtube
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 03:42 AM
  #7738  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
did you guys have the tables out inside the fence, I like the idea of cutting of the balls of anyone who doesn't marshal after their race, either that or getting Peli to drive straight at their nuts and then posting the vid on youtube
I think the main problem with marshalling is the lack of volunteer marshals.
We've all been there when we need to wrench on our cars and over looked marshalling duties or we have back to back races, then there are often races with only 6 people. So no matter what we do, there will always be a shortfall in marshals.
What people need to remember is that a successful race meet is largely dependant on volunteers.
I saw many times, guys like Chris Mann, Peter O'Heir, Roman, Peli, Gary and many more who just get out there and help make up the numbers. but it gets tiring if the same guys are volunteering over and over again
Roman And I ran Race control, setup and helped cooked the BBQ and still we managed to volunteer a few times.
It seems that it's always the same faces the step forward to lend a hand, yet you never hear squat from them, they rarely get thanks so I would imagine that every now and then they just want to rock up and race..

But like I said before, all my races were fine. I ran Truck Open, 4WD Mod and 1/8.
I have to admit, I struggled with marshalling SCT today, it could be just me but it seemed like trucks were flying everywhere.... we just couldn't keep up.
littlejohn is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 03:46 AM
  #7739  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
old_skoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,155
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by littlejohn
I think the main problem with marshalling is the lack of volunteer marshals.
We've all been there when we need to wrench on our cars and over looked marshalling duties or we have back to back races, then there are often races with only 6 people. So no matter what we do, there will always be a shortfall in marshals.
What people need to remember is that a successful race meet is largely dependant on volunteers.
I saw many time guys like Chris Mann, Peter O'Heir, Roman, Peli, Gary and many more who just get out there and help make up the numbers. but it gets tiring if the same guys are volunteering over and over again
Roman And I ran Race control, setup and helped cooked the BBQ and still we managed to volunteer a few times.
It seems that it's always the same faces the step forward to lend a hand, yet you never hear squat from them, they rarely get thanks so I would imagine that every now and then they just want to rock up and race..

But like I said before, all my races were fine. I ran Truck Open, 4WD Mod and 1/8.
I have to admit, I struggled with marshalling SCT today, i could be just me but it seemed like trucks were flying everywhere.... we just couldn't keep up.
let's pay the boy scouts to marshal for us
old_skoolie is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 AM
  #7740  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
littlejohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
let's pay the boy scouts to marshal for us
yeah.. I'm down with that.. but what about 1/8 lol
littlejohn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.