Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
hahhahahhahahaaa..didnt take you long
well after 2 years or so of trying to master the severe lack of grip (compared to England), and as a result at times maybe not taking the racing seriously enough, possibly pissing people off, I think I'll give 4wd a go.
What gets me, is that after the race when I complain that I need different rear tyres, People ( you know who you are) drive my car faultlessly for lap after lap commenting like "Man that's dialled in" or "best handling Losi I've ever driven". But these people could drive a fridge around the track and still get fastest laps
Don't get me wrong had a great day but I raced like shit
Old 04-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by geerno
Yeah, I Ryde is good fun. Great people. I certainly wouldn't want to dampen that with militant suggestions. Although I didn't get my first race till 12pm, I was SO hungry for it by then. It would be good with bigger meets either to start early or start racing by 10am.

See you next time, and lets get a cheap notebook to program these speed controllers.

Can't wait to get mine back, Hobbywing is great value for money, but I want my Tekin back
Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
well after 2 years or so of trying to master the severe lack of grip (compared to England), and as a result at times maybe not taking the racing seriously enough, possibly pissing people off, I think I'll give 4wd a go.
What gets me, is that after the race when I complain that I need different rear tyres, People ( you know who you are) drive my car faultlessly for lap after lap commenting like "Man that's dialled in" or "best handling Losi I've ever driven". But these people could drive a fridge around the track and still get fastest laps
Don't get me wrong had a great day but I raced like shit
i had a great day today as well mate,and had a shit day off driving......wonder if the boys in slash would notice if i rocked up with a 4wd one next round....
Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hi Guys, cheers for a great days racing. I have to admit my day didn't get off to the best start,1. Left my transmitter at home so had to make a dash back to Hornsby, 2. 2nd lap of 1st 2wd stock race and i snapped a rear shock tower, 3. Truck kept thermaling at the 4 min 30 sec mark in 1st 2 races (its never happened before!!)
Then my day improved until the last round of finals when Steve and I had an unfortunate racing incident which left me with the B4 with a broken arm ( no need to apologise Steve! and the Truck thermalled again in its last final.
Apart from that a good day, I do agree that the gap between races and the non organisation of drivers considering the length of time between runs was frustrating considering some of us ran 2 classes and were always on time and left waiting.
Big thanks to Steve for taking some pics of my Truck, i'll be posting a few pics and a link soon.

Muzza
Old 04-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you to all the interclub drivers who raced today, it was great to see new and familiar faces, and very helpful to hear a different perspective on our club,
Steve
Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just wanted to say that I had a great day of racing today and even if I couldn't keep up with the superstars Shane and Roman, I had a ball and did two of my fastest races this year.

I learnt something today from running my Top Force with a slower motor and gearing and that is slow and steady can win the day. Next meet I WILL do 9 laps, I got bloody close today and if I can do it with a 17 year old car and 17.5 motor, I can bloody well do it with a B4 with a 13.5, I've just go to run my own race and forget about trying to race others.

Anybody selling a B44 for $50 (that's my budget at the moment) let me know! I'm hooked on 4wd.

Nick
Old 04-12-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

2 pics for now, 1 of Steves BK2 at pace and Steves effort of catching me hanging it out, WELL DONE!!!
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-img_7424-small-.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-img_7466-small-.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

just sell ya bk2 and get a sc10 steve and come play in the world of no traction,dodgy handling and good horsepower...its called gentlemens racing....

as long as ya laugh,and say sorry as ya punt them off the truck,its all fine
Old 04-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

just sell ya bk2 and get a sc10 steve and come play in the world of no traction,dodgy handling and good horsepower...its called gentlemens racing....

as long as ya laugh,and say sorry as ya punt them off the truck,its all fine

if I can't control a buggy what hope have I got at SC
Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

you dont need skill,ya just rub on some ones door to get ya through the corners
Old 04-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

you dont need skill,ya just rub on some ones door to get ya through the corners
I'll give 4wd a go, if that fails you'd better watch out, SC here I come
Old 04-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

the flying pom in his landrover short course rig
Old 04-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

the flying pom in his landrover short course rig
Old 04-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
thanks heaps for saving my days racing

would have been over for me after heat 2 if it wasn't for your generosity & your magic box full of losi front arms

cheers mate. really appreciated.
cam (that xxx-cr owner)
Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vikingen
thanks heaps for saving my days racing

would have been over for me after heat 2 if it wasn't for your generosity & your magic box full of losi front arms

cheers mate. really appreciated.
cam (that xxx-cr owner)
No worries Cam
hope you had a good day
Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.