Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nick, If you get "jazzy" an SC18, and with Tim.H we can have a proper race sorry our "sons can have a race,
Plus I reckon you could Rally them
Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
Daniel getting a SC18 for his birthday so do you want the Losi cr back?
That's a BK2 Steve, i want a "new" buggy, fresh out of the box, with that new car smell.

Originally Posted by Brenos

Roman get the RB5 SP2
Im getting mine in a few weeks
Hmmm. . . so many cars, so little time.

I drove D-main Johnny boy's RB5 sp2 and it was niiice, didn't want to give it back.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
That's a BK2 Steve, i want a "new" buggy, fresh out of the box, with that new car smell.

I drove D-main Johnny boy's RB5 sp2 and it was niiice, didn't want to give it back.
If your going modified 2wd, I don't think you can go wrong with the RB5 SP2. Kit set-up and then just dial in the steering you require. The thing has amazing grip for a 2wd buggy.

I drove LJ's car, we swapped. I was amazed at how solid and confident the car was, and to combat understeer, just braked harder in the corner and punched it out.

I was also amazed at how many times LJ flipped my B4 All good, I think I rolled his brand new RB5 as many times too Sorry about that John.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Novice track layout

to the nice folks at ryde ops,
Is there any way possible, that the track on sunday can be slightly altered to bypass the half pipe????
My girls are keen to have a play at ryde, but I do not want them trying the half pipe.

before any1 starting jumping up and down on me, the guys that know myself and my girls, will understand where I am coming from.

this is a serious question.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
If your going modified 2wd, I don't think you can go wrong with the RB5 SP2. Kit set-up and then just dial in the steering you require. The thing has amazing grip for a 2wd buggy.

I drove LJ's car, we swapped. I was amazed at how solid and confident the car was, and to combat understeer, just braked harder in the corner and punched it out.

I was also amazed at how many times LJ flipped my B4 All good, I think I rolled his brand new RB5 as many times too Sorry about that John.
Lol.... yeah.. I was amazed too at how many times I flipped that darn B4... but then it occured to me that's prolly how I normally drive... guess they don't call me D-main Donny for no reason..

I've got rid of all that understeer now and she's runs pretty schweet... I can highly recommend a RB5 SP2 Roman.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ajac
Is there any way possible, that the track on sunday can be slightly altered to bypass the half pipe????
My girls are keen to have a play at ryde, but I do not want them trying the half pipe.

before any1 starting jumping up and down on me, the guys that know myself and my girls, will understand where I am coming from.

I know this exact situation was thought of whend the halfpipe was built, there is a section after the triple where the agg pipe separating the triple straight from the back straight stops and this is designed to allow novices to "cut out" the halfpipe and to enter the back straight, I'm sure something can be worked out
Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ajac

There was talk of Novice hanging a right before the step up. It will be pretty easy to break the ag pipe for that detour. I'm not sure if it can be done for this week as we're pretty short on help.
One or more of the committee guys may be at St Ives helping with their track, a few of us have family commitments so atm I think there will only be 3 committee guys running the show on Sunday.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1

Yeah agreed, Johnny seems to be a bit slutty with his new 2WD, I had a ride as well and she handles like, well...... like a car that has done the rounds a bit. She has some nice moves alright.

Nick
Old 09-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nick, If you get "jazzy" an SC18, and with Tim.H we can have a proper race sorry our "sons can have a race,
How much?
Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nckmat
How much?
$245 from Rubes
But now Daniel wants this http://rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=40132 But going to try and get him wanting the SC18 as it's 2.4ghz and a lot better
Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roman

get a cougar their mad
Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by littlejohn
There was talk of Novice hanging a right before the step up. It will be pretty easy to break the ag pipe for that detour. I'm not sure if it can be done for this week as we're pretty short on help.
One or more of the committee guys may be at St Ives helping with their track, a few of us have family commitments so atm I think there will only be 3 committee guys running the show on Sunday.
ill give u guys a hand on sunday
Old 09-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

ill be in on that let me no before sunday so i can get my sc18 ready to race
Old 09-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi, guys, has anyone have a 14 tooth 48 pitch pinion I can buy or borrow new/used ,got some coming but won't be here till next week ,
thanks Brent.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

SC18 RACING AT RYDE????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.