Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Enduro

Further analysis of the results, 4 teams had a turn leading the field with Ballistic leading 75% of the race!!!!

All the Gear and No Idea 68
Ballistic 229
Orphans 3
Short Course Heroes 3

And Peli, Brendan and Chris you guys were awesome, I was the only one in our team running a 4wd so is a credit to how smooth those guys were and the track stood up beautifully.

A lot of people have worked hard on that track but week in and week out it's thanks to Sean, Peli & Brenos, so thats how we ended up at the end of 4 hours without a pothole. Brilliant stuff guys!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hey all thanks for a great day yesterday that was my first enduro and loved it. Awesome day, great racing good company heaps of laughs and kungfu panda on the drivers stand!

Big thanks to the team for letting me drive and somehow I kept the B4 on the track.
Shane, Mr Consistant as always with big Air off the table top, Peli drove like a man possessed as long as he wasn't talking which is hard for him, and the Kungfu Panda blew them away from the start with smooth laps making it all look easy. Good job boys what a team!

A really great day, fantastic weather, track was the shizzle and a big thanks to all the racing was great.

Cheers Chris M.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default newbie

Hi guys,

Fairly new to this and very new to RC.

- Can anyone recommend a good value charger for 7.2v nimh batteries (soon to be deans).

- Also, what will I need to get into racing? Got a car, cheapie AM radio, two batteries etc...

Also also, can I run a Tamiya Super Stock BZ motor in the novice class?

Cheers,
J
Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RacerEd
Further analysis of the results, 4 teams had a turn leading the field with Ballistic leading 75% of the race!!!!

All the Gear and No Idea 68
Ballistic 229
Orphans 3
Short Course Heroes 3

And Peli, Brendan and Chris you guys were awesome, I was the only one in our team running a 4wd so is a credit to how smooth those guys were and the track stood up beautifully.

A lot of people have worked hard on that track but week in and week out it's thanks to Sean, Peli & Brenos, so thats how we ended up at the end of 4 hours without a pothole. Brilliant stuff guys!
Yep your right Shane got to comment on the track it held up beautifully you guys did an awesome job on the track rebuild, never seen a track hold up so well to such a long race! No potholes and such a great layout with plenty of jumps.

One of the best days in RC I have to say, everyone drove very well considering the different classes racing all together, yep fantastic.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjeremyaaron
Hi guys,

Fairly new to this and very new to RC.

- Can anyone recommend a good value charger for 7.2v nimh batteries (soon to be deans).

- Also, what will I need to get into racing? Got a car, cheapie AM radio, two batteries etc...

Also also, can I run a Tamiya Super Stock BZ motor in the novice class?

Cheers,
J
when you say value you mean cheap

I use this,http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...w/_accessories

not top quality but does the job plus it'll do lipos when you get them

Maybe Ruben at RC Pit hobbies has something which will do the trick, over to you Rubedude!!

best bet is to come to one of our race meets and have a chat to the guys

the calendar is on the lefthand side of the clubs website

http://www.sydneyrc.com/
cheers

Steve

Last edited by old_skoolie; 07-19-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To Roman,
thanks for the great pics of my SC10..

To Ruben,
yes, it was a great day, and we came away with cars still in tact and working perfectly.. Can't ask for much more than that..
Thanks to you and Alan for racing with me and Shan.

To all,

thanks for a top day.. Thinkin about the great Sunday I had got me through my manic Monday at work.. The track is fantastic!!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Holeshots
Yep your right Shane got to comment on the track it held up beautifully you guys did an awesome job on the track rebuild, never seen a track hold up so well to such a long race! No potholes and such a great layout with plenty of jumps.

One of the best days in RC I have to say, everyone drove very well considering the different classes racing all together, yep fantastic.
+3 on the track, you guys do so much work which people don't know about
what I found amazing was there was the equivelant of a car racing on it for 28 hours, no sweeping and loads and loads of consitent grip
p.s my fav corner is starting to come good
Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Had a top day yesterday, thanks to everyone who turned up to make it a great day.
Special thanks to the organizers and the guys who maintain the track.
Nice pics Roman and thanks to my team, couldn't believe Peli was still building his car 10mins into the race.

Btw: Seanos, you better check that front wheel!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a great day too guys
cept for blowing up my Mamba speedy

1 of my best days in RC,thanks for carrying the SC10 allday
Chris,Coach of the year
Yor driving was awesome,so little mistakes or marshalling needed,yor Captain Smooth

KungFu Panda........couldnt hack the thought of taking on Seano,hid under his hat...but didnt crack on the track,we knew he wouldnt,he didntGo Panda!!!!

Shane,you just cept getting faster and faster with that Hyper,i honestly didnt think it would last that long.....Johns in trouble at yor next Pro4 race

Thanks guys
Old 07-20-2010, 02:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

More pics from Ryde Enduro Series 1 2010 .
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-sean-chapple-dex410-1.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-sean-chapple-dex410-2.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-sean-chapple-dex410-3.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-michelle-nield-sc10.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-steve-hooler-ultima-sct.jpg  

Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

More.
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-shane-edwards-hyper-10sc.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-shane-edwards-hyper-10sc-chases-peter-ohehir-his-slash.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-tony-spinola-sc10-gets-more-air.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-chris-mann-b4-attempt-another-backflip.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-start-back-straight-dash.jpg  

Old 07-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default NSW STATE TITLES

entries for the NSW off road state titles at St.Ives are now open
http://stivesrc.org.au/state-titles-2010/
I've entered 4wd stock
Old 07-20-2010, 04:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

This site is fun and can give some ideas for body paint schemes.

http://www.junwatanabe.jp/gpb/
Old 07-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

roman,

where are the photos of my car...????????

I spent all day flipping your team back on its wheels and blocking pelis crew for you....

but no luv??
Old 07-20-2010, 05:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by haydenj7
roman,

where are the photos of my car...????????

I spent all day flipping your team back on its wheels and blocking pelis crew for you....

but no luv??
Sorry Hayden, i only took pics for a short time period.

I will make sure i take pics of your beast next time, promise.

How is this pic i found ?
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-hayden-brooks-sc10-looking-bit-blurry.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.