Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All that rubber and a track that suited a 17.5 and u only beat me by a second

PFFFFT,still stands Kiwi

Cant wait for the enduro......4 hrs of practise,wicked!!!!!

Last edited by Peli; 07-11-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

RE the Half pipe, it is what it is, if the intention was to change the flow of the track in that section then the objective has been achieved, i liked the old style where u came off the hill, on the gas, flew over that second hump and just powered down the straight, now its more of a stop start exercise, where u just do a little pop over the halfpipe, then plop on the other side of it and gas it up, so its more like ur heading down that straight from a standing start, which changes the flow of it a bit, its different but its ok, all the other changes made by the hardworking team are extremely positive, widening the track where those triples are has made a vast improvement, as well as the widening after turn one, the berm on turn one, pommies hill is all fixed up and is profiled really nicely in my opinion
Old 07-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i love steves comment, "i made the 8th fastest lap" doesnt do a whole lot of good if u break the thing after 3 laps each race Kamikaze
Old 07-11-2010, 09:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
How many good beers have come out of Spain??????

Holland has more Licorice then you can poke a stick at, chips with mayonaise and the best satay sauces imaginable. Before I forget, it also has the best coffee.

Go Holland

At 3:30am I will be sitting on the lounge sucking back an Amstel beer, wearing my Ajax shirt and eating a bag of licorice I got from the Dutch Shop.

The Dutch shop in Smithfield ?
I have been there, i love the apple spread you can buy, good on toast.
I don't like the sour licorice though, only the sweet stuff.

Pitty Holland lost Andrew.
Second place in the world is good though.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roman
Second place ......
Second is the first loser
Old 07-11-2010, 10:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Congratulations to Brendan Neal for being the only one to get 8 laps yesterday with his Tamiya TRF511x.

Thanks to John Hoang for doing a lot of work running the meeting yesterday with me, and packing up.

I loved the track, a lot wider, more visibility in sections, jumps have been improved overall, and yes, it is challenging but i LOVE THE HALF PIPE.

Thanks to all that helped last weekend with the track rebuild, especially the Track Committee, Sean Chapple, Justin Page, Brendan Speechley, and John Hoang, also to Steve Carnt for his hard working efforts, Shane Edwards and Nick Mate, and Jimmy "the Bobcat" Koimanis.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
i love steves comment, "i made the 8th fastest lap" doesnt do a whole lot of good if u break the thing after 3 laps each race Kamikaze
I'm hoping to do 4 laps next Sunday
Old 07-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to the commitee and all who helped yesterday,Really enjoyed the track loved all the revised sections and the halfpipe big thanks to the track commitee and all who helped with the working bee.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NOFX
RE the Half pipe, it is what it is, if the intention was to change the flow of the track in that section then the objective has been achieved, i liked the old style where u came off the hill, on the gas, flew over that second hump and just powered down the straight, now its more of a stop start exercise, where u just do a little pop over the halfpipe, then plop on the other side of it and gas it up, so its more like ur heading down that straight from a standing start, which changes the flow of it a bit, its different but its ok, all the other changes made by the hardworking team are extremely positive, widening the track where those triples are has made a vast improvement, as well as the widening after turn one, the berm on turn one, pommies hill is all fixed up and is profiled really nicely in my opinion
There's always one contentious part, but hey the widening of the track and moving sections to make things more visable is a massive win in my books, I found the track a whole lot easier to drive on Sunday and that was mostly to the fact that I could see it! Yay!
I do expect the half pipe and lead up section to evolve over the coming months, but that has happen to all sections as things just take time to get right (Personally I'd like to see the half pipe as the first jump in a monster double but that's just me )
Old 07-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Peli
All that rubber and a track that suited a 17.5 and u only beat me by a second

PFFFFT,still stands Kiwi

Cant wait for the enduro......4 hrs of practise,wicked!!!!!
So first I had a faster motor and that was why I was faster, then I had a slower motor and that is why I was faster.... can't win either way.... will just have to whoop you with my Pro 2 to get those delusions out of your head
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

here is a very well devised spring chartCombined Spring Chart_5.pdf
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
thanks for the return of the collar, ( sorry don't know your name)
no worries.
Had fun even in the wet. Loved the T4.1 straight out of the box. really enjoyed taking the half pipe with the truck in mod. I am still slow, but I AM HAVING FUN!!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default race

Hey guys
Just wondering whats on this weekend & what day
cheers
Old 07-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NOOB-SMOKE
Hey guys
Just wondering whats on this weekend & what day
cheers
this Sunday is our mid year enduro
details below
2010 Sydney RC Mid Year Enduro 2010 versionR1.pdf
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerEd
..... I found the track a whole lot easier to drive on Sunday and that was mostly to the fact that I could see it! Yay!
If you had brought your milk crate to races you could have seen it! I only have one word of advice for you Ed: lifts!

Ouch bitchy!

BTW re the above Dutch food comments, chips with mayonaise, beer and apple sauce come nowhere near tapas, fine wine, paella and need I mention el Bulli! Please! Associating the Dutch with good food is like associating McDonalds with a restaurant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.