Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn
I think thats intentional. The profile of every good jump should put you on the down transition on the other side, not 20m down the track. Being a big dip down, if it didn't shoot your car straight up.. you'd flat land at best, about 10-20m down the back straight.

having said this, I'm one of the many that struggled with that section today, but I'm going to give it a couple of months before I give it a thumbs up or down. It is challenging, no doubt about it.

I guess an alternative would be a double with a more mild lip on the exit of half pipe.....
well said John,
+ hopefully it will make me a better driver
2 races today
1st broke rear arm
2nd broke front shock shaft, funny thing is I drove 50 metres with one shock before I pulled out, was going to look for the spring but found it lodged in the wheel,
thanks for the return of the collar, ( sorry don't know your name)
Old 07-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

I liked the half pipe section. don't change it.. anyone can hit a big jump.. this jump takes some thinking thats all
Old 07-11-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think the track is great ,raced 2wd & 4wd and they both handled it really well, I say don't change it , leave it the way it is ,this way is very challanging I like it
Old 07-11-2010, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Stock racing

[QUOTE=old_skoolie;7654318]I'm thinking of getting the jump on "super stock" for next year, was talking to Peli today and were discussing the specs for a class for variable timing speedies
Stock = 17.5 with non timing speedie

Hey Steve, do we really need another stock class? I think it would be fair to leave Stock as 17.5 with non timing speedies and make everything else as modified. I am sure there are a lot of people that don't want to buy new speedies just to race Stock in a "controlled class".
Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Elite

I reckon after 2 races is a bit premeture to say get rid of it,
plus if you are having a shocker of a race it alows even a stock car to do a bit of "showboating"
it'll be interesting to see if the crowds start to gather at that part of the track
LOVE the berm at the endd of the straight
woops are awsome, just hope they hold up from week to week
the triple is a lot easier to jump now it's gone from being 6cm wide to 3 metres wide
thanks to John, Roman, Sean, peli, Brendan, Dan and everyone else who helps with the running of this fantastic club
Old 07-11-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=ozipanda;7654369]
Originally Posted by old_skoolie
I'm thinking of getting the jump on "super stock" for next year, was talking to Peli today and were discussing the specs for a class for variable timing speedies
Stock = 17.5 with non timing speedie

Hey Steve, do we really need another stock class? I think it would be fair to leave Stock as 17.5 with non timing speedies and make everything else as modified. I am sure there are a lot of people that don't want to buy new speedies just to race Stock in a "controlled class".
As far as I know this is what is being proposed by the govening bodies, you can use your tekins and suchlike but there will be a software version which will NOT allow any timing, this version will have a specific LED flash pattern
my argument against this is that it will make people go out and buy the latest(quickest) motor then gear the f**k out of them to get the speed causing problems with overheating meaning you'll need to buy another rotor or the new supa dupa new fastest motor
I'm not going to play that game again and if it means that I run Mod. with a 13.5 or 17.5 then so be it.
a point to end on,
I havent changed my gear ratio, timing settings nor have I rebuilt my motor since January, cast your minds back only 18 months ago, you'd change your gearing 2 or 3 times a meet and rebuild the motor ever week or two
HOW GOOD HAVE WE GOT IT NOW????
Old 07-11-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I thought the track was great today....the slash 4 x 4 loved the half pipe.....

There's nothing better than having a section of track that can punish cars...
Old 07-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by littlejohn
I think thats intentional. The profile of every good jump should put you on the down transition on the other side, not 20m down the track. Being a big dip down, if it didn't shoot your car straight up.. you'd flat land at best, about 10-20m down the back straight.

having said this, I'm one of the many that struggled with that section today, but I'm going to give it a couple of months before I give it a thumbs up or down. It is challenging, no doubt about it.

I guess an alternative would be a double with a more mild lip on the exit of half pipe.....
Practice makes Perfect

It's a challenge shore.
The half pipe to lip jump is more of a stale jump (if you can't clear the whole thing that is)which means heaps more throttle control, to have your car land right, to shoot you down the back straight.
Give it a couple of weeks guys and you'll be loving it!

Brendan S
Old 07-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnxjTSWqFhE

has the track changed much since the Short Course Championship in 31st Jan 2010
Old 07-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jasum14
I liked the half pipe section. don't change it.. anyone can hit a big jump.. this jump takes some thinking thats all
here here
Old 07-11-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mihy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnxjTSWqFhE

has the track changed much since the Short Course Championship in 31st Jan 2010
A little
Old 07-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
YOU GIRL

As for the classes, leave it as is. The turbo boost function is pretty much not used in off road. Check out the Tekin Team Driver set ups and most prefer not to use it, especially in 2wd.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

1 other reson why people were jumping of the jump to the side. Was because they were taking to much speed over the hump into the pipe. And landing to far down the pipe. I think when you see your car from the stand, and its in the air slightly there you'll wanna turn a bit to the right therfor lauching of to the right.
The more air you get, the slower the lap time.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr

As for the classes, leave it as is. The turbo boost function is pretty much not used in off road. Check out the Tekin Team Driver set ups and most prefer not to use it, especially in 2wd.
I look at it like gears of a car, a single speed vehicle can either start sluggish and end up at a reasonable speed or start fast and run out of steam, a Tekin/hobbywing etc etc with variable timing/boost has gears for every stage of accelaration, motor timing is 1st gear, then rpm dependent timing is 2nd gear and turbo is 3rd gear
I've heard that ROAR have not stopped at reversing the process of evolution, they have now declared that the world is flat
Old 07-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brenos
The more air you get, the slower the lap time.
Yeah but how much fun

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.