Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xr Turbo
What turn motors you guys running in your T4's and what spur/pinion combo"s are you using for it?
Or if it is easier what FDR are you using for what motor?
Thanks
23/84 with a LRP X11 8.5.....could go to 24/84 and be safe with heat

Originally Posted by 1
Mate, the thing could be a weapon, or an expensive not Wonder what the $$$$ will be.

I can't see the 2wd being out till the end of the year or later. I'd be stoked if earlier. Although, I'm not sure if the Rango is all the car it's talked up to be. It's so aggressive to drive. 511 is pulling results in Europe.
Im guessing around the 400-450 Aus mark.....cant wait for the spy pics...

The new TRF 2wd has been doing pretty good to Ant....it just stopped XFactorys dominence in the UK Offroad series...won the first round

Originally Posted by seanos
That clip gives me flash backs, me & a few mates go down every year.

You have never felt arm pump till youv'e ridden Thredbo! That clip didnt show the first bit of fire road, 70 km/h, steep as with water bars....very scary.

I'm pretty sure i used to do it in 5:50 top to bottom, since i've been spending too much time playing with R.C cars, i doubt i could get down without stopping for a break.
Arm Pump...on a MTB seano..come and ride a WRF450 for a day...yor arms are numb with in a hr

On a serious note,that was my first thought,imagine the armpump burn...be shaking that out at the bottom......5.50 is pretty damn quick,them boys werent hanging around
Old 04-22-2010, 02:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xr Turbo
What turn motors you guys running in your T4's and what spur/pinion combo"s are you using for it?
Or if it is easier what FDR are you using for what motor?
Thanks
T4 gearing i have tried with good results:

stock -- Novak SS 17.5 (78 spur and 30 pinion)

modified -- Novak SS 8.5 (78 spur and 22 pinion)
Old 04-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mate, I don't know how you keep up with gearing like that, with a 17.5 I run 72T spur and 29-31 pinion, with the timing on the speedie turned up full and a bit on the motor.

Should I be rethinking this?

Nick

Last edited by nckmat; 04-22-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brenos
Have you seen the bmx track recently, that photo is old the 1st jump is f ing huge 17m easy.
Shit you sc10 with a mamba in it would Explode over it, haha let alone even get up the start ramp Pelican
Yeah that's the only decent photo I could find on google. To be honest Brenos, I was also thinking it was closer to the length you suggested, but I didn't want to sound like I was exaggerating the distance

On google maps it looks roughly 15m if you base it on the scale. Judging by the sheer amount time it's in the air, it certainly feels like it. I was able to clear the entire thing by starting a only a few meters behind the roller on 5S.

Next time I'm out there I'll take a measuring tape to verify.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seanos
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That commentry is priceless, as is the end, the second commentator just cracked me up.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NOFX
Dudes, if you're going to head out there sometime to do some sick jumps, please let me know, i'd love to come along and go mad, and i'll bring the vid camera and film too
Mate I will likely be out at that BMX track a couple times this long weekend as I also wanted to get some footage of this jump and others. Would be awesome to have some other cars there. Last time I was there a couple blokes showed up with a wild Baja 5B.

If anybody's keen to get out there this weekend, give us a heads-up!
Old 04-22-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Mate, I don't know how you keep up with gearing like that, with a 17.5 I run 72T spur and 29-31 pinion, with the timing on the speedie turned up full and a bit on the motor.

Should I be rethinking this?

Nick
You should be rethinking why at all you have timing on the motor, do you want less torque?
Old 04-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

can anyone tell me if the rotors are the same size in the tekin redline range??

can i iuse a rotor from say a 10.5 or 7.5 in a 17.5 to replace one that has been cooked a few too many times. it has to be 12.5 mm or smaller to be legal

cheers

Muzz
Old 04-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default castle bmx

Originally Posted by Peli
Yor 1/8th misses by a foot...even my slash with the mamba in it could overjump that first double....gear it up brenno just for attacking the bmx track...we should all get together with our camera's for a bash there one day..would love to launch the SC10 and T4 around there...

Wrexxy,at the end of the front straight theres the big bowl...with the 2 trees trunks at the end of it....if u launch between the trees theres a 8mtr drop into the lower part of the track,where theres a nice berm to downramp...hard to do,seeing as its blind,only landed it 5 times out of 20,hit the trees a few times

I am definately up for a bash at the bmx track....
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
can anyone tell me if the rotors are the same size in the tekin redline range??

can i iuse a rotor from say a 10.5 or 7.5 in a 17.5 to replace one that has been cooked a few too many times. it has to be 12.5 mm or smaller to be legal

cheers

Muzz
I think they say they are but I tried a 8.5 rotor in the 17.5 and itwas rubbish
just try it and find out
Old 04-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by haydenj7
I am definately up for a bash at the bmx track....
I should be there 'round noon on Saturday and most likely sometime on Monday. My "video" camera is only a digicam with video function, so if someone with a decent vidcam wants to show up, have a drive and catch some big jumps that'd be sweet.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Peli
Im thinking we should organise a jump day down there,would have to be week day,so that way theres no bikes......
Everytime I've been there on a weekend recently, there've been next to no bikes at all. The only ones I've seen have been little kids with their parents and they usually play over on the smaller back jumps.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
I think they say they are but I tried a 8.5 rotor in the 17.5 and itwas rubbish
just try it and find out
yea steve, i'm only just trying to see if i can get the motor running again. I've got a 14mm rotor for a Tekin here, best not run that in 17.5, will get in trouble, might throw it in the 10.5, the J82 will need a wheelie bar all the time with the extra torque
Old 04-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check this track out. This is what we need when its raining
Awesome tight little track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOr3PL-N-Gs

Brendan
Old 04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

What's the bet this guy lives with his Mum?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.