Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn
Maybe a woops section down the back straight, closest to the toilets?
That way we can keep the big jump for some serious air time.

i like the back straight how it is,provides a wicked area to pass under breaking into that little hairpin.... same as the hairpin after the Table and Chairs.....
Old 10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Badmuthatrucker
It was, up to this year
Oh ok, what else was different? seems like alot of changes have happened to all the Sydney tracks this year.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've been there for about a year now, and:

The humpback jump became a tabletop
A speedbump was hidden behind it
3 more speedbumps were installed
The jump far opposite the stand became bigger and more complex

And then the alterations overt the last 6 months and two working bee's since you were racing.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
i miss the wave section too Unit....used to be able to make up so much time when u got that part right...now its,just turn right
+1!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
wrote something non appropriate
Old 10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerEd
That was my braindead idea, I think banked corners are awesome

We have been adding more technical bits over the last year and met a lot of resistance, I wanted to counter some of that with that corner, ease up on the outside loop and then being able to be more creative on the infield.
Ok. So I guess the resistance is mainly regarding the triple. It just seems that 130 meters of track before any kind of technical turn seems like a generous use of real estate with that new banked corner. It seems wasteful to me.

It would be nice to ask the members before track changes, what they like, dislike and would like to see. I know the committee have been voted in, but they are voted in to do the right thing by the members.

I guess one of my issues is always going to be tracks turning into a version of 'on-road with dirt'. I constantly see this pressure put on the clubs like happened to St Ives. Technical jumps and features are going to be a bigger pull for new and young drivers.

It's all good, at the end of the day. I just want to bring this stuff up for healthy discussion of RC racing.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
Ok.
It would be nice to ask the members before track changes, what they like, dislike and would like to see. I know the committee have been voted in, but they are voted in to do the right thing by the members.

Ant,
From memory, all the recent changes to the track were voted on by all those that were at the last major working bee. There were quite a number of guys there and any ideas were agreed upon by a significant majority before changes were effected.
Mind you, I was just a shovel monkey that day.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone heading to the track? I'll be up there in about an hour if anyone would like to join me.
Peace out
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1
Ok. So I guess the resistance is mainly regarding the triple. It just seems that 130 meters of track before any kind of technical turn seems like a generous use of real estate with that new banked corner. It seems wasteful to me.

I guess one of my issues is always going to be tracks turning into a version of 'on-road with dirt'. I constantly see this pressure put on the clubs like happened to St Ives. Technical jumps and features are going to be a bigger pull for new and young drivers.

It's all good, at the end of the day. I just want to bring this stuff up for healthy discussion of RC racing.
Me and Seano were talking about taking out the tripples, replace with a double then take out the speed bump behind the table top and putting in another double. Flow it up a bit...... Thought's????
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i like.....how big on the first double where the triple is now?

i wouldnt mind removing the triple speedbumps back to flat track and building a Double/double rythymm section where the little single speedbump is now situated...u can get a runup out of the previous hairpin exit and stock guys can double/double,mod can triple/single or quad it if game..then u are on the right handed corner that goes to Pommys Hill..

and the jumps dont have to be huge,just built with the right flow to them...the mod guys can just make them big with HP

Last edited by Peli; 10-21-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

i like.....how big on the first double where the triple is now?
Little bigger than the hairpin double.
1st jump in between 1 and 2 of the tripples, that are there now.
Then the 1 behind the table top can be quite BIG. Having probably a 3m run up after turning the corner after the 1st double.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
I did discuss with various people in the weeks proceeding, just an idea. But on the day most things were done by consensus and everyone seemed pretty happy about their work. As normal the club has always spoken up that if you have ideas, bring them with your shovel to the working bee, and it was great to see so many people getting stuck in.

Originally Posted by 1

And it is all good, but we do listen too you Ant, and even changed the track for your breakages you blamed on the track. So we do listen but there are many voices.

and the jumps dont have to be huge,just built with the right flow to them...the mod guys can just make them big with HP
But they have to be big enough for 'everybody' to be able to see when they are behind the biggest jump on the track!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

love the idea of getting rid of the 3 speed bumps.
My idea is to remove number 1 and reposition it on or just after the apex of the next corner, make them slightly bigger, the theory is that mod guys can triple them and stock can do either single/double or double/single,

what do people think?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

P.s
Ant the reason why you may feel that you're not listened to is that the AUSSIES can't understand geezers who talk proper like
Old 10-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

hmm some how i just kinda hate and like the table top cuz im using a 3000mah pack with a hungry 23t super stock at the end my car just doesnt have the power to clear it and wen i do want to clear it the car just nose dives and hits the table which can lead to disaster.

i also want to use li-po i saw a good deal at yeah racing just i have a question
what happens if u use li-po in a brushed esc that cant support lipo and a brushed motor

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.