Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
the only thing I'm good at on the track is ..... crashing!
Nick have you not seen the new pics of the track, you could drive a bus around it, its huge.
I could run for Ryde if I was going, alas I'm off to Perth the week after so not going, even though I've been given clearance
Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Stopped by the track today for a quick run. Super dusty, not much traction at all. Should come good with watering and a sweep.

Who's idea was it to make one huge corner following the straight? It's so brain dead. Just curious as to this implementation. Makes it much less like a race track and more like a bashing / hack circuit. It would have been better to have made that s section more pronounced, a better challenge, like Steve's hill. That works.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
Can we stop all this "I want a big one" talk and focus on the more important business of the day: BEATING ST IVES AT MAITLAND!.

What's this I see, Trent and Ash both running in Truck Mod! What the! Nice scheme guys but is it enough to kick their butts all the way back to Ku-Ring-Gai?

One plan I had was to take them all to the pub the night before and just keep buying them drinks till they can't walk. I know it'll work on Gerno, but what about Tom, Mav, Mike Russell, Harlow and Panic. Do we go the slashed car tyres route?

You see I have to consider the cheat options because the only thing I'm good at on the track is ..... crashing!
I'll have any drinks that St Ives members turn down. Thats the only kind of torture I'll take for my clubs success... yum
Old 10-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
I'll have any drinks that St Ives members turn down. Thats the only kind of torture I'll take for my clubs success... yum
good onya Unit, although they'll have to dig deep to get you even a little tipsy, which might be hard with those short arms they have!
Nick, I might have to head up Sunday morning to ruin your evil plot!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Then maybe I'll have to take on the Singularity in the drinking stakes, after all alcohol absorption is all about body mass and well...... I'm not exactly lacking in that department. 'Specially since I gave up the smokes!! I not sure whether that is a crying or laughing matter.

Nick
Old 10-21-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

drinking,RC cars..i could get into that
Old 10-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
wrote something non appropriate
Old 10-21-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just a thought, can we convince Dave R to run mod 2wd????? DAVE?!?!?

Oh and I just opened up my ABEC35 bearings that I got from http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/WalawalaStore and they are sooooooo smooooth, much better than the Associated ones and sooooo much cheaper.

Also, interesting info: I have been charging my saddle pack by using two different chargers the Swallow 2 and the GT Power and putting one pack on each and the Swallow takes more than twice as long to charge. I end up with the same amount of charge but the Swallow drops the amps down very early on in the charging process, while the GT Power drops it over the last few hundred milliamps.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
drinking,RC cars..i could get into that
Sounds good, but just don't let yourself go on RC tech, otherwise you'll have your drunk rantings to read the next day
Old 10-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1
Who's idea was it to make one huge corner following the straight? It's so brain dead. Just curious as to this implementation. Makes it much less like a race track and more like a bashing / hack circuit. It would have been better to have made that s section more pronounced, a better challenge, like Steve's hill. That works.
That was my braindead idea, I think banked corners are awesome

We have been adding more technical bits over the last year and met a lot of resistance, I wanted to counter some of that with that corner, ease up on the outside loop and then being able to be more creative on the infield.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerEd
That was my braindead idea, I think banked corners are awesome

We have been adding more technical bits over the last year and met a lot of resistance, I wanted to counter some of that with that corner, ease up on the outside loop and then being able to be more creative on the infield.
Care to turn the table top into a section of woops then?? I'll be there with a shovel if you do.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
Care to turn the table top into a section of woops then?? I'll be there with a shovel if you do.
It was, up to this year
Old 10-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzza_t
Maybe a woops section down the back straight, closest to the toilets?
That way we can keep the big jump for some serious air time.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_skoolie
Sounds good, but just don't let yourself go on RC tech, otherwise you'll have your drunk rantings to read the next day

thats nothing new to me Pommy...just ask Steve and Ian

i had a thread started for me on the crawler forum for after the pub moments of clarity that needed to go onto paper
Old 10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1
Stopped by the track today for a quick run. Super dusty, not much traction at all. Should come good with watering and a sweep.

i miss the wave section too Unit....used to be able to make up so much time when u got that part right...now its,just turn right

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.