Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for looking after the track Gents.

Get your entries in lads. We wanna go racing on Sunday!
Old 10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Results are available from Sunday race meet.
http://www.sydneyrc.com/wp-content/u...ng_Report.html

Old 10-12-2016, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Roman. Are we racing this Saturday under lights.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

nah mate i think hes got other things on but casso will be on i my friend will be there
Old 10-15-2016, 09:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone.

I am interested in getting involved in 1/10th Buggy stock at Ryde.

I have a fair bit of times in gliders quite a long time ago - I never ran any cars back then though.

Everything I read says that the cars are all pretty good - and won't make any difference until I have spent a long time getting my driving up to speed. The consensus seems to be buy what is popular locally - that way you can get advice from the local guys running what you run.

So - what is popular in 2wd at Ryde?

Clayton
Old 10-16-2016, 05:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Online entries are open for this Sunday.
http://alycat.com/AlycatRC/OnlineEnt....2/Entries.php

Old 10-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hopefully I'll be able to make it this time.
Also is there any spare pit tables in the storage room? I still need to buy one, I'll try get into Bunnings this week but.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOSTN View Post
Hopefully I'll be able to make it this time.
Also is there any spare pit tables in the storage room? I still need to buy one, I'll try get into Bunnings this week but.
Yep we can lend you a table. Perhaps just bring a chair for yourself.
Cheers.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TRACK CONDITION

Hey Ryde members,

A quick update regarding the current track condition and future plans.

As you know, our new clay surface is great when its kept moist, however with the warmer weather and lack of rain lately, the clay has broken up and the track is quite loose at the moment.
As we are a not for profit club, the money the club has at the moment can only be spent on a few things - club bills (insurance, rent, etc), trackwork and members prizes.
We have paid the bills and members year end prizes will be looked after. The only other thing we can do is spend some of remaining club money on keeping the track in its best condition so its enjoyable to drive all year around.
We are looking into a fully automatic quality irrigation system which will run automatically for a period after sun down to ensure the clay is kept moist and ready to go for the next day of enjoyment. It will also have rain sensing to ensure it doesn't run if mother nature decides to water the track for us.
We will have a meeting regarding the best way, or other avenues to go about maintaining the track at our club meet this Sunday so members please ensure you are there to have your say. I would like to get any work completed ASAP before the temp gets any hotter.

ALSO... Trent and I will be doing trackwork this Saturday from approx 10am to get the track ready for Sundays racing. If anyone is available to help then please let me know or even just turn up, any help is appreciated!

Thanks all.

Grant M
Ryde President
Old 10-17-2016, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As grant has mentioned there is a meeting to discuss how we as a club are going to maintain the track condition for now and into the future THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO HAVE A SAY IN WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.
ITS YOUR CLUB TOO
Old 10-17-2016, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. I won't be able to make this Sunday. I'm on my honeymoon ATM.

I'm sure you guys will come up with a good solution to keep the track surface together a bit more.

Investing in a sign to keep 1/8th scale cars off may help keeping the track surface together a little better also.

Even if we can't legally ask them to bugger off a sign that lets them know that there bigger cars are destroying the track. Those large scale drivers with some respect for the club may then change over to 1/10th scale.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Just a bump for this - it was waiting for a moderator to release it so it ended up showing up with a few posts after it - thought it might not get noticed.

If it helps at all, after a bunch of sniffing around I am considering an Associated B6D. Is anyone else running one at the club?

Originally Posted by clayton.lee View Post
Hi everyone.

I am interested in getting involved in 1/10th Buggy stock at Ryde.

I have a fair bit of times in gliders quite a long time ago - I never ran any cars back then though.

Everything I read says that the cars are all pretty good - and won't make any difference until I have spent a long time getting my driving up to speed. The consensus seems to be buy what is popular locally - that way you can get advice from the local guys running what you run.

So - what is popular in 2wd at Ryde?

Clayton
Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wheres the commitment and honey moon to the club CHRIS.....
Old 10-17-2016, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone want to trade a stadium truck for an sc6? It's the best sc I've had but I truly miss having a st. prefer a t4.2 , rt5, 22T...

Note that it's the rtr not kit version. I'd post in the for sale thread but my post count is too low.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by clayton.lee View Post
Just a bump for this - it was waiting for a moderator to release it so it ended up showing up with a few posts after it - thought it might not get noticed.

If it helps at all, after a bunch of sniffing around I am considering an Associated B6D. Is anyone else running one at the club?
Hi Clayton,

There are a few running B6Ds at the club now. The B6D was my first build for an RC car and I highly recommend i, It went together very easy.

My best advice before spending any money is come down to the club and have a chat to the guys. There is a club meeting this Sunday. Jordy and Rob are 2 of the top local racers running the B6D, I'm sure they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Troy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.