Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tracks fine. Just a bit damp. Will delay racing starting till 10.30 or so to give it time to dry off a bit more.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The State Titles report has been updated on the club website, Sunday 4wd/stadium truck day results and photos now included thanks to Grant Robinson.
http://www.sydneyrc.com/online-entries/

Old 09-26-2016, 12:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Really great effort Grant!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. I'm going to get a sign made, to be put up at the entrance to the track. There where four 1/8 scale guys tearing up the track today. Absolutely destroying it.

I did my best to get rid of them but they seem to think they are somehow entitled to ruin the track.

If we have a sign on the fence we may have a better chance of getting rid of these guys

Any requests on what it should say

Something simple like "1/10th scale vehicles only"

Last edited by ChrisUU; 10-03-2016 at 01:02 AM.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Chris,

Yeah the 1/8 guys are a never ending issue.
Some are really good and understand that the track is maintained by volunteers and do actually fix the track (1 has become a club member to help out). Whilst a lot are very pig headed when approached and think its their right to drive the track and not fix any damage. These guys also think the track is maintained by paid council workers seeing as the track is in a council maintained park.
We are looking to get new signs made to replace the worn out looking signs at the track, which will be more specific and simplified toward what is not allowed at the track.

Cheers,

Grant M
Ryde Pres.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drivingrc
Hey Chris,

Some are really good and understand that the track is maintained by volunteers and do actually fix the track (1 has become a club member to help out). Whilst a lot are very pig headed when approached and think its their right to drive the track and not fix any damage. These guys also think the track is maintained by paid council workers seeing as the track is in a council maintained park.
We are looking to get new signs made to replace the worn out looking signs at the track, which will be more specific and simplified toward what is not allowed at the track.

Cheers,

Grant M
Ryde Pres.
Awesome.

It's always going to be a tough issue to resolve
Old 10-03-2016, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drivingrc
Hey Chris,

Cheers,

Grant M
Ryde Pres.

Grant,

I agree the sign may need to be more specific in what cars are allowed as in 1/8 buggy are actually similar size and similar weight as of 1/10 4wd mod short course. And infact few brands has conversion kits between 1/8 buggy to 1/10 SC and vice versa. So after conversion from 1/8 buggy into 1/10 SC with mounted front and rear bumper becomes entitled to drive? Or coverted from a 1/10 SC to 1/8 buggy becomes not allowed to drive? I could see 1/8 truggy or heavier could do considerable damage to the track and school kids with bike on track is another bumper. At the end of the day, it could even come down to the driver skill and whether he intends to abuse the track or not. A novice driving a 1/10 4wd SC definitely do more damage than a racer handling a 1/8 buggy.....hard decision anyway

V.G.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well after abit of a break from the hobby I decided to jump back in. Long story short I went to the track today to run my kyosho sc6 and I must say the new track layout is awesome I love every bit of it.

I briefly joined the Ryde club back in sept 2013? I think.. And was able to attend a few meetings and recall Roman being very nice and helpful (and the other guys can't remember names sorry) to get me racing, So that was the last time I was at the track.
I'd love to rejoin this Sunday if that's alright? I have an rb6 I'd like to run in stock as well as 2wd sc with the sc6.

Cheers, Shaun.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Shaun,

Yes definitely come down Sunday! We have plenty of 2wd buggy and sct's you will be able to run with.

Cheers,

Grant M
Ryde Pres.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trying something different....
VBC Firebolt DM2.
They do onroad well, lets see how they do offroad....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-05-2016, 01:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Entries are open for this Sunday.
http://alycat.com/AlycatRC/OnlineEnt...ectMeeting.php

Results for the last round have been updated on the club website.
http://www.sydneyrc.com/wp-content/u...ng_Report.html

The club point score leader board has been posted on the front page of the website as well.
http://www.sydneyrc.com

Old 10-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

i have a castle sidewinder 5700kv combo that I'm running in my sc6 and I know I need to be 10.5 Blinky but I won't be able to get one until the next few weeks is it ok if I could still run this Sunday with it? I mean I'm not fast anyway so it wouldn't really be an advantage to me lol.

Edit: scratch that I'm having problems with it so I threw my 17.5 in haha

Last edited by BOOSTN; 10-06-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. What time are we doing maintenance on the track this weekend. I'll try get out and lend a hand.

I can give the track a soaking later tonight if it is going to be packed down tmoz morning.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisUU
Hey guys. What time are we doing maintenance on the track this weekend. I'll try get out and lend a hand.

I can give the track a soaking later tonight if it is going to be packed down tmoz morning.
Thanks Chris, i was down there yesterday and it got a good soaking as its very dry, it sucked it all up right away.
It could do with another good soaking though. The good hose is in the storeroom however the old hose is near the tap and should do the job if you can get there.
I cant make Sunday as i have work. Enjoy it!
Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

I'm at the track now. Going to give it a good soaking.

Edit: Gave the track a good soaking especially in the spots where it has broken up. It should be damp enough to compact in the morning if anyone is going to be there. I can help out.

Last edited by ChrisUU; 10-07-2016 at 02:06 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.