Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oPAULo
I've been racing competitively for a year now and the RB6 is the only buggy I've ever had. My son and I each have one and we got them both used. We've replaced so many parts I have a pretty good idea how long a fresh kit would stay "fresh". I would still love to build a new kit though but 450 each for 2 buggys just ain't happening. Maybe we'll just update what we have for now.

I'll admit I've been looking at the B6D's but they look SO MUCH like the RB6 so what's the point in switching now?
RB6.6 was announced overnight. shares arms, shock towers and more, but has a new transmission and wider chassis.

if you are after a new car, this would be ideal considering you already have a bunch of parts that will work with it.

expect it to cost a fair chunk more than the Associated buggy
Old 07-13-2016, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisUU
Switching manufacturers can cost a lot. You have time invested in the Kyosho, probably have stock of spare parts and good knowledge of the RB6. It is an expensive switch.

I would stay with the RB6. It is a great car.
Not sure how my comment got put in this thread. Was supposed to be in the RB6 thread. The mobile site has been screwy.
Thanks for the input though and your right. I do have a lot of time and money invested. I've driven a few others and I do believe driver skill and setup plays a bigger role than the manufacturer.

So, where is this Ryde place at anyway?
Old 07-13-2016, 06:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

The Ryde track is in Sydney, Australia.

The other side of the Pacific Ocean to you.
Visit us if you ever take a holiday "down under".

Welcome to our club's forum.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks to those who assisted today with partially dismantling the driver stand. It is at a stage now where we can start rebuilding tomorrow morning. Gary Boyce is picking up the required timber in the morning and will be at the track at about 9am tomorrow. Thanks again to those who are coming to help out tomorrow! If guys could please bring general hand tools, elec saws, drills and drill bits, that would be appreciated. Cheers. See you at the track!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys how did you go today with the drivers stand. Sorry I cannot be there to help out this weekend.

A huge thanks to everyone putting in the effort over the weekend.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

R u guys racing tomorrow?
Old 07-16-2016, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

We had a tonne of help today, thanks to all the guys and lady for their assistance! Most of the main frame is complete, we now need to lay the floor down, build the handrails and reattach the stairs. I will be getting more timber in the morn from bunnings and should be at the track from about 9.30 if anyone is keen to come and assist, even if just for an hour or two, hopefully the stand will be ready to go by late tomorrow arvo.
No Ryde racing tomorrow unfortunately, however Trent has compacted the entire track and infield down nicely again so its perfect and ready to go for next Sundays race day! Thanks.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default DRIVERS STAND ALMOST FINISHED - TRACK CLOSED UNTIL RACEDAY ON SUNDAY 24TH

Thanks to all the people who helped out, we got an absolute stack of work done over the weekend! Big thanks to Gary, Trent, Roman, Matt, Tom, Grant Robbo, Marc, Roy, Troy, Sam/Ani, Rob and Bernie and his box trailer. Some fellas put in a full 2 days effort which really helped us out. Was also a great way to get to know some of our newer members.
Still have to do the finishing touches during the week to the handrails and some other small stuff, and Rob Uljan will be painting it later in the week.
The stand is about 40cm higher than previously for those wondering...
The track will be closed up until our raceday on next sunday 24th as there is building materials still on the track and the stand is still not completely finished, as well as the track still being wet from yesterdays rain.
Thanks again to all involved, looking fwd to our raceday this coming sunday!

Some pics of the stand can be seen here...
https://m.facebook.com/groups/829093733769529

Cheers,

Grant M
Club President

Last edited by drivingrc; 07-17-2016 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well done to everyone involved as Grant has already said, but a special mention to Gary Boyce, Grant Michelmore, and Trent Johnson for putting in 3 FULL days of work to make this happen.
And those three will be at the track again during the week to finish it off.
Thanks in advance to Robert Uljan for offering to paint the driver's stand, which will match the rest of park colour scheme and be a slightly lighter and redder shade of brown to keep the council happy.
Ryde Club money well spent !
Old 07-18-2016, 02:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Entries are open for this coming Sunday, the first round of the Spring Series.
Awards to be given to winners of the Autumn Series before racing starts.
Grant M. will also be running the BBQ at lunch time.

http://alycat.com/AlycatRC/OnlineEnt...ectMeeting.php

Last edited by Roman; 07-18-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Yes. A huge thanks to everyone that helped out. It is much appreciated by all the club members who couldn't make it to lend a hand.

Thanks guys. Awesome job.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

An epic effort by our Prezz Grant.M today... he braved the the wet cold conditions to put nearly all the finishing touches to the new stand... top job mate.... also managed to build a nice new permanent scrutineering table as well....
I can almost say ryde is becoming respectable....
Old 07-21-2016, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Hell yeh. Nice job Grant.

It looks lie it's going to be a record high for temperature tmoz. Let's get that track dried out and go racing.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

New 22-4 2.0 ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-image.jpg  
Old 07-22-2016, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

looks sweet mate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.