Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tainted
Hi guys.... Trying to get to the track with Connor on Sunday.... But if not the end of month race meets are a definite because I can get my little girl looked after....So if we did run a junior division..... Would it be junior combined? Say 2wd/4wd/truck combined?
Probably just 2wd Junior Stock, Jasper is only a lap or so off the adults in 4WD so it may be a little unfair to have him competing against juniors, different story in 2wd though, if we can get at least 3 entries I'm happy to run a 4wd or truck junior class.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bring on some racing. Itll be good to turn a wheel again.

Cheers Joel
Old 07-12-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone keen for a stadium truck run tomorrow?

Only one entry so far and 2 of us hanging off entering!

Anyone?
Anyone?

Abe
Old 07-12-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah I'll run mine.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HareTurtle
Track just got rolled so its still slippery in a few places.
Youll need to run either AKA rebars in super soft (red) or Holeshots (M3 or M4).
Rebars in soft (green) are not biting at all.

Just had 4 batts of practice today and the track is not a slippery as it was last weekend - but still a challenge in 2wd.

4WD was awesome with anything on.
Thanks Mate!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

How did the race meet go today ?

Did Joel dominate again or did Abe teach him a lesson ?

Trent probably crashed and burned.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

We had a great day at racing today and it was excellent to finally be able to get a junior class up and running, I think this will be a regular class on Sunday's now. The boys all had a really good time and I think it helps them when they are not constantly trying to keep out of the way of the "big boys". It also helps their fun when they have a win every now and then. Maybe next time we might be able to get a junior 4wd class going as well.

Here is a photo of the boys enjoying their last final:

Thanks also to Nathan for helping get my car started when we went to leave, it seems the interior light was on all day! It turns out that you can get a car battery charged enough to start the engine, but not, it would seem, by using the Pb profile, 5 minutes on NiCd 10amps did the job!

It also turns out that two years between rebuilds of a T4 gear diff is a bit too long; who knew.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roman

Mate I was a little bit humbled today.

I just did not have rear grip in the new cubed (2wd stock). I was struggling and getting frustrated. Ended up qualifying 8th. Christian in his rear motor was in a class of his own. A very impressive performance.

Id forgotten I moved the rear hubs all the way back to get rid of rear grip for Casso.

Hubs moved and Game on for the finals. I drove a completely different car. I ended up in the top 3 i think (Luckily Christian left early).

In 4wd stock in the old B44 i started on the back foot. I was in the B's for qualifying. Ended up 3rd for the finals. I won the first one and 3rd for the last.

It has to be said that this was some of the best racing that i have ever had. In 4wd stock i was very vulnerable in a couple of spots in the old B44 and not once did someone just "jam it in there". They bided their time and were patient.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day and will be back for more. Thanks Ryde for one of the most enjoyable days racing in recent memory.

Regards
Abe

Last edited by engabe2008; 07-13-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2wd

I did take the overall win roman Id like to thank everyone for the great racing and many laughs in the pits. We have a great group of people at our club.

Cheers Joel
Old 07-13-2014, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
We had a great day at racing today and it was excellent to finally be able to get a junior class up and running, I think this will be a regular class on Sunday's now.
Was great to see enough kids to run junior stock adn I know Cooper is already looking forward to the next race meeting. Never seen a group of drivers so happy when they hit each other apart from maybe the trucks!

Originally Posted by engabe2008
It has to be said that this was some of the best racing that i have ever had. In 4wd stock i was very vulnerable in a couple of spots in the old B44 and not once did someone just "jam it in there". They bided their time and were patient.
Here here. Great racing all day but that second final where we battled for most of the race was awesome fun to get so close but not hit each other. Never been so happy to finish 3rd in a race as it was such a blast.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

I'm very bad Roman.

Because I was in the B stock 4wd quals I knew what times Trent had done. Let me tell you I drove the wheels off my thing trying to beat his time. To say I was "throwing it around with gay abandon" would not be an understatement.

I remember hearing the computer every lap telling me the times. And I heard 11 6m 15s and then 11 6m 13s and then 11 seconds and then 9 seconds knowing that the 11 lap 6 min and 9 seconds was what I needed. I took risks that were ridiculous and luckily didn't crash. I was concentrating so hard!! Q3 was mine ahead of Trent.

Sorry Trent!

Regards
Abe

Also I just looked at the results. With Christian leaving early I ended up 2nd for the day in 2wd stock.

And also second for the day in 4wd stock.
I'm very happy.

The lessons to be learned here are that 3 classes are too much to run in one day. I ran Truck as well!!
All the changes I planned just didn't happen.
If a car is handling uglier than expected don't just try and drive around it. HAVE A LOOK AT WHY!! Sometimes i'm an idiot!!

Thanks again Ryde. By the length of this post you can tell I am still buzzing!!

Last edited by engabe2008; 07-13-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-ryde-team-july-1014.jpg

Thanks to the Wife.

The Ryde 2WD Stock A Team.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Really great to see sum kids racing at ryde again its been to long, ill get you next time ABE
NEXT TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......................... .....
Old 07-13-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Looking at getting a 4wd mod with gear diffs to run at the track just wondering what diff oils people would recommend as a starting point? Also I am thinking of getting a 6.5t and am wondering if that is appropriate as well.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2014, 04:48 PM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Had a great time for my first run at Ryde. You guys have a nice atmosphere there. Nice close racing but no bickering on the stand or heckling marshals, nice relaxed club racing the way it should be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.