Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geerno
Not me, sorry mate. But did watch Dogs in Space at the cinema. What a nice film, pretty wild. You must have seen that one. Pretty funny stories by the director who spoke afterwards. It's about to be released for the first time on DVD with a doco about the film included.
I know I saw it when it came out, but I am really sad to say I can't remember a thing about it except a wild party in a squat in Chippendale afterwards, everything else is a blur, wasn't the man with the suffocating problem in it. Actually the years 1985 to 1991 are all a bit of a blur for me, except somewhere in there I met my beautiful bride.

I think I've found the 17.5, just waiting for some final details.

Now I have another problem...... I have taken the BJ4 out for a few runs lately with the LRP 7.5 X11 in it and it goes great for a few laps but if I hit the ground hard I loose power and it starts to make a nasty drivetrain sound, everything seems to be ok visually, I have rebuilt the diffs and if I don't have the slipper basically locked it comes loose and I have no grip at all. I am absolutely lost for the cause of it and just wondering if anybody else who has been racing a BJ4 or B44 has experienced the same thing.

I am starting to think this is why my 13.5 shat itself as well, so I don't want to take any chances with my 7.5.

Nick
Old 08-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
I know I saw it when it came out, but I am really sad to say I can't remember a thing about it except a wild party in a squat in Chippendale afterwards, everything else is a blur, wasn't the man with the suffocating problem in it. Actually the years 1985 to 1991 are all a bit of a blur for me, except somewhere in there I met my beautiful bride.

I think I've found the 17.5, just waiting for some final details.

Now I have another problem...... I have taken the BJ4 out for a few runs lately with the LRP 7.5 X11 in it and it goes great for a few laps but if I hit the ground hard I loose power and it starts to make a nasty drivetrain sound, everything seems to be ok visually, I have rebuilt the diffs and if I don't have the slipper basically locked it comes loose and I have no grip at all. I am absolutely lost for the cause of it and just wondering if anybody else who has been racing a BJ4 or B44 has experienced the same thing.

I am starting to think this is why my 13.5 shat itself as well, so I don't want to take any chances with my 7.5.

Nick
Does the drivetrain spin free when you separate the pinion from the spur completely, so they dont mesh?

I slid my B44 off the top of a skate ramp onto hard concrete and afterwards the drivetrain was bound up. The motor had shifted causing the pinion to mesh hard into the spur gear, and the motor mount was slightly bent.

Where the motor mount braces into the cut-out on the lower chassis, make sure its snug. This is where I first noticed the bent motor plate.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks I'll check out the motor mount, could be the issue, as the other problem is it is very difficult to remove and replace the slipper and Mudi was saying on Sunday that it was a lot harder to replace the slipper than it is on his so maybe it is bent.

However the drivetrain does seem to spin freely.

Nick
Old 08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've also had the problem with my B44 where a hard landing (crash) has caused my motor to shift. The result was a loud drivetrain from pinion\spur binding..
Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

4wd it seems a lot more manageable and 7.5 seems to be ideal
Originally Posted by old_skoolie
I'm also planning to run 4wd mod when I get back, but just a "tame" 8.5
Cam who won last meet was running a 6.5... I've got an old bonded 5.5 for my 4wd when it arrives this week - watch out spectators
Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Cam who won last meet was running a 6.5... I've got an old bonded 5.5 for my 4wd when it arrives this week - watch out spectators
the 6.5 feels awesome. more SNAP than my RB .21
Old 08-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nic_Aus
I've also had the problem with my B44 where a hard landing (crash) has caused my motor to shift. The result was a loud drivetrain from pinion\spur binding..
Yeah I reckon that is the nub of the problem as everything else is free and it would also explain why the slipper gave as well a couple of times. Now the question is: how the hell do I stop this from happening again??????

Nick
Old 08-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Where are all the Ryde Mod Truck drivers hiding?
We don't have enough for the class to run yet.
C'mon! (leyton Hewitt)

Actually, Ryde seems a little light in all classes except 2WD Stock.
Are you guys planning a last minute avalanche?

Mav
Old 08-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maverick CR
Where are all the Ryde Mod Truck drivers hiding?
We don't have enough for the class to run yet.
C'mon! (leyton Hewitt)

Actually, Ryde seems a little light in all classes except 2WD Stock.
Are you guys planning a last minute avalanche?

Mav
Ryde is rock and roll, they want to be fashionably late
Old 08-19-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Is Rock'n Roll a euphemism for slack?

I know Sean is entering Mod Truck, I don't know what is happening with the others, it might be time for a mass email.

I know that Old Skoolie is going to be in the UK, but there should be a few more coming!!!!

Nick
Old 08-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Stevo, 8.5 is too mild for 4wd. It's a great motor for 2wd, especially at Ryde. I hated having an 8.5 in my CAT, it's in the middle, it's not gutsy like you want and it's not a stock motor which would be competitive in that class. Stick it in your Losi 2 wheeler, much better.

6.5 feels like a mod motor, things are starting to get exciting, you have enough power to create different lines, braking comes in to play.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You just got an RC10T Nick? There's another mod truck entry It's the gun truck for blue groove
Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nick
Not really, just that you turn up for the gig.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

I know Sean is entering Mod Truck, I don't know what is happening with the others, it might be time for a mass email.

I know that Old Skoolie is going to be in the UK, but there should be a few more coming!!!!

Nick
There's still 4 days before entries close.

Mav
Old 08-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bugle
You just got an RC10T Nick? There's another mod truck entry It's the gun truck for blue groove
I am hoping I have myself an RC10T, I haven't heard back yet. But it looks pretty good.

As for running it in current mod truck ...... ARE YOU KIDDING! Haven't you seen the way I drive!

Ant, I think we are being a bit slack, I mean I didn't do my entry until last night and we always seem to have somebody who leaves it to the last minute, at least this time Racer Ed didn't forget!

Judging by the number of S's and M's in the list it is going to be a struggle for the R's to catch the S's. Oh well there is always next year.

Nick

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.