Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcbraid View Post
does anyone know were i can get a 2wd sct like a 22sct or sc10 ft in the sydney area were i can just walk in and buy one off the shelf. had a look online quickly with no luck. any help would be appreciated .
Ultimate Hobbies at Parramatta has heaps
Old 09-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ray Wood View Post
Ultimate Hobbies at Parramatta has heaps
RTR maybe not FT on shelf though
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbraid View Post
does anyone know were i can get a 2wd sct like a 22sct or sc10 ft in the sydney area were i can just walk in and buy one off the shelf. had a look online quickly with no luck. any help would be appreciated .
Hobbies in the Hills. There is a Losi 22 RTR there, and they try to keep all the FT Associated in stock (as well as RTR)
Old 09-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OMG23RC View Post
Hope all is going well at state champs this weekend I have one really nooby question though would racing in pro 2 with a 10.5 (no timing) be considered stock or mod racing?
Originally Posted by w00kie View Post
It is neither. It's a class on its own. Just needs no timing software.
Its technically Stock Class, aka Spec Class. Pro2 is a controlled motor and esc class.
There is a SCT Mod or Pro2 Mod class, which is 2wd SCT open motor/esc, but we don't run that much. Once a year.. if that.
On the odd ocassion that we get a SCT Mod driver, we get them to run with the Pro4 guys.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
Its technically Stock Class, aka Spec Class. Pro2 is a controlled motor and esc class.
There is a SCT Mod or Pro2 Mod class, which is 2wd SCT open motor/esc, but we don't run that much. Once a year.. if that.
On the odd ocassion that we get a SCT Mod driver, we get them to run with the Pro4 guys.
That good because people say the tekin is the best for stock racing. But I would be happy with it anyway, even if I was as racing mod.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 AM
H I
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone seen a little table and chair left out somewhere in pit or car park?
I forgot them yesterday after 2wd state.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OMG23RC View Post
That good because people say the tekin is the best for stock racing. But I would be happy with it anyway, even if I was as racing mod.
Used to be when Stock allowed dynamic timing.. but these days, stock is all about motors and batteries.
Escs play a lesser roll in the current stock rules.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I found this ad perplexing; why would you pay this random guy on RCTech 80 bucks for something you can get from Ebay for 50 and have some confidence in the seller? And yet people seem to be buying them.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-spec-esc.html
Old 09-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just ordered a Reedy 7.5 for 4-mod, who's with me
Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 AM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat View Post
I found this ad perplexing; why would you pay this random guy on RCTech 80 bucks for something you can get from Ebay for 50 and have some confidence in the seller? And yet people seem to be buying them.

I happen to know Jaylow215 quite well and he is not just some random guy.
He has a great trader rating and has many years experience in motor sport retail.
He is well known and respected in the Victorian R/C community and is a stand up guy,$80 is not expensive considering postage is included and you will have your product within days.
You can deal with him and have 100% confidence .
Old 09-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have dealt with him, good bloke. I bought my JustStock 45amp ESC from him.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I don't doubt he is trustworthy, I just don't get why people pay a 33% premium to get something off a forum, if it is the convenience of a few days delivery then fair enough, but RC Tech is not the most secure market place around and there are continually ads on there for products that people can buy online on secure reputable web stores for considerably less. I am in no way saying that the advertiser in question is disreputable or that you shouldn't buy off people on RC Tech, on the contrary I do it regularly, I just don't get why people think it is a better option. Maybe I just shop around more than most. Anway this is the EBay alternative: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hobbywing...item43b15408dc

It's the same as people buying Turnigy batteries from shops for 200% more than you can buy them delivered from Hobby King; I just don't get it. But it's a free market economy so I suppose you can pay whatever you feel is value for money.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
Just ordered a Reedy 7.5 for 4-mod, who's with me
already bolted a 6.5t to the 4wd and 8.5t to the 2wd, maybe overpowered alittle
Old 09-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't doubt he is trustworthy, I just don't get why people pay a 33% premium to get something off a forum, if it is the convenience of a few days delivery then fair enough, but RC Tech is not the most secure market place around and there are continually ads on there for products that people can buy online on secure reputable web stores for considerably less. I am in no way saying that the advertiser in question is disreputable or that you shouldn't buy off people on RC Tech, on the contrary I do it regularly, I just don't get why people think it is a better option. Maybe I just shop around more than most. Anway this is the EBay alternative: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hobbywing...item43b15408dc

It's the same as people buying Turnigy batteries from shops for 200% more than you can buy them delivered from Hobby King; I just don't get it. But it's a free market economy so I suppose you can pay whatever you feel is value for money.
I wanted it for the weekend and that $30 is what it was worth to me.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cghomann View Post
already bolted a 6.5t to the 4wd and 8.5t to the 2wd, maybe overpowered alittle
A couple of us were running 4.5's in 4wd, that is crazy but fun! Aren't you meant to have a 1 in front of both those numbers and average them out?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.