Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dbaker
I be there on the working Bee, and what's the go with 5th scale, at ryde, I got a new 5sc flux.
i think 1/5th would be to big for the track, be like racing an F1 car on go kart track.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ViGiLaNtE351
There is no 1/5 scale events at Ryde. Liverpool or Maitland maybe best alternative.

Cheers
We don't allow 5th scale at Maitland. It puts too much wear on the track for the 10th and 8th scale cars.

There is a club that runs 5th scale at Musswellbrook, and another club looking to do only 5th scale setting up a track at Rutherford.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barts71m
Ahhh there is always two sides to every story. As I was in Powerhouse about the time you were there, you seemed to have failed to mention how much of a little smart ass you were in the store and on the phone. Sure enough Dennis smokes in the store but he also put it out as soon as you walked inside. This also goes on in other hobby stores.

Did you also make mention of how you ordered the motor on Friday and how he rushed off to get the motor for you for Saturday? Not alot of hobby shops would do that, you would normally have to wait for a Monday delivery for it.I also know the sensor lead was left under the door for you as it was the last thing he did as he left the store. Remember there is always two sides. Dennis doesn't come on the forum. But I know a bunch of guys who contacted him over the past two days after your attempt to rubbish him on here.He does alot for the racer. Unlike the other store you went and shopped at.

Anyway end of the other side of the story.
The guy was very nice,and I am very grateful he went and got the motor for me on saturday. I'm sorry if i was flaming him. also i might not of seen the sensor wire but i had a good look. im very sorry. I'm just saying it was a bit odd how the factory seal had been broken and the rotor had scratchs but o well i will live with it as i got it at an awesome price . again im sorry dennis.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Also I was in the heat of the moment. I agree I over reacted. Also if anyone sees him sometime soon tell him I'm sorry.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well as expected, other club members have illustrated they are unhappy with the track. I have respect for other club members who maybe used to a flatter / less harsh track and are fine to voice their thoughts, but I think (maybe coz im used to it) that it was pretty good. I think the delay with Alleycat added to the disheartening of the day as well. That program needs a rocket up its a$$. Why cant we use the American RC Scoring one (or whatever its called) or do we have to be uniform with the other clubs?

The surface, isnt as good as some of the other clubs, but i think it helps you become a better driver, and more cautious on tuning your car, as it cant just be dialled in every other day of the week, it does change regularly, but this maybe what other drivers are not happy with, not having a consistant tune. Im not pointing fingers at any of the other clubs members here, but i think they are used to having a flatter track, a not-so-offroad type of surface. I do think our track may need attention before the State Titles, or we may find some clubs might boycott the weekend. Either way, i was happy with it. Alleycat, not so happy with it. Makes the day longer and more stressful for Race Control and drivers waiting to run with this program failing each meet.

Cheers
Old 08-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Whats wrong with the track?

Heaven forbid our off road cars actually become unsettled. I actually like the fact that the track is rough, if it was smoother and flatter you might as well get a touring car out there with some rally blocks and drive that around.

My 2c's.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

..Just feedback from the other clubs from the weekend Club Series.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Peter, Brendan, Nick & Shane did an amazing job on Sunday, despite the electronic gremlins. Kudos to them.

There's working bee this weekend. Let's get behind the CLUB & committee and support them in preparing the track for the state tittles in 2 weeks.

Any improvements to the track will benefit all track users, whether or not you are racing in the states.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ahhh there is always two sides to every story. As I was in Powerhouse about the time you were there, you seemed to have failed to mention how much of a little smart ass you were in the store and on the phone. Sure enough Dennis smokes in the store but he also put it out as soon as you walked inside. This also goes on in other hobby stores.

Did you also make mention of how you ordered the motor on Friday and how he rushed off to get the motor for you for Saturday? Not alot of hobby shops would do that, you would normally have to wait for a Monday delivery for it.I also know the sensor lead was left under the door for you as it was the last thing he did as he left the store. Remember there is always two sides. Dennis doesn't come on the forum. But I know a bunch of guys who contacted him over the past two days after your attempt to rubbish him on here.He does alot for the racer. Unlike the other store you went and shopped at.

Anyway end of the other side of the story.
thanks for the clear up Scotty.

Dennis has only ever busted his chops for the local R/C community... even going as far as doing personal pickups and deliveries for his customers and going well out of his way to get stuff in for people ASAP.

no idea about the 'spare rotor' comment.. ? nosram come with a spare ??
Old 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vikingen

Dennis has only ever busted his chops for the local R/C community... even going as far as doing personal pickups and deliveries for his customers and going well out of his way to get stuff in for people ASAP.
+1
Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OMG23RC
Also I was in the heat of the moment. I agree I over reacted. Also if anyone sees him sometime soon tell him I'm sorry.
I have let him know but you need to man up and give him a call yourself. One day you might need his help again.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Ok, Im happy we have cleared everything up now. And I am sorry and will probably go back there (if he would allow me too) as it a lot more convenient to me.

Also I will be able to help out at the working bee on Sunday. What exactly are we doing?
Old 08-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I have let him know but you need to man up and give him a call yourself. One day you might need his help again.
easy. OMG23RC is 15 and learning.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dbaker
I be there on the working Bee, and what's the go with 5th scale, at ryde, I got a new 5sc flux.

Only 5th scale track I know of in greater Sydney is Luddenham Model Park - you have to go west towards the big dam. They have all sorts of other things for scale modellers there as well.

http://www.ssme.org.au/
Old 08-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Whats wrong with the track?

Heaven forbid our off road cars actually become unsettled. I actually like the fact that the track is rough, if it was smoother and flatter you might as well get a touring car out there with some rally blocks and drive that around.

My 2c's.
I agree! As you all know, I'm not a racer, and I thought the whole point of off-road is to give a variety stuff that is simply not smooth tarmac, and to then set up your vehicle to suit the conditions. That's a skill as much as driving is. I like seeing that my heavier batteries settle the truck more in the bumpy section, and needing to keep the throttle on etc.

Exactly on that note, I was at St Ives on the weekend with some other Ryde (non-race-day) regulars and it was a totally different experience. The profiles of their jumps are markedly different, the bumps/camber on the esses, the big drop-off, and the big drifting/roosting action from the sweeper all made for a very different and enjoyable experience.

We found that there was a lot more crashing and tumbling etc there than the same drivers at Ryde, so we should vary our driving and setups accordingly.

I guess the only exception are things that constantly cause breakage or constantly cause too many pile-ups, neither of which are enjoyable to drive, watch, or marshal.

I think someone on this thread said it a while ago - the variety of all the different tracks around Sydney makes for better drivers overall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.