Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread. >

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Like Tree54Likes

Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You need the programming card and you just set timing to zero and it goes blinky.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This months racing lines covers the Nats at St Ives, Christian / Jordo / Lucas / Dave R / Damon / Joel / Stuart / Hiroshi and myself all get a mention woo hoo

Go Ryders!!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Saturday isnt looking good!

Which sucks because my Hobbywing combo just arrived
Hobbywing ESC = Good!

Hobbywing 10.5T motor = Bad.

Its making a horrible sound like there is something stuck and grinding on it. Pulled it apart took the magnet out cant see anything
Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And me .also a Nice pic too
Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Hobbywing ESC = Good!

Hobbywing 10.5T motor = Bad.

Its making a horrible sound like there is something stuck and grinding on it. Pulled it apart took the magnet out cant see anything
Before you do anything else try swapping out the sensor cable and/or swapping any two of the motor wires. I have found in the past that sometimes the motor wires aren't correct on Hobby Wings and simply swapping them over fixes the issue (which does sound like a grinding noise).

If that doesn't work try removing the bearings, if there is no sign of wear on the rotor it has to be one of these three causes as there isn't much else to a motor. Sensor, rotor, wires and bearings.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi all.

Sorry joseph and I havnt been out in a while, I injured myself just after Anzac day and have been off work for 5 weeks so have been unable to get out for a run. I noticed in the results that Pro4 looks to have died off, i think the last time I raced it was just Joseph and I anyway, so I think we are going to put our cars on the shelf, its just not much fun running by ourselves. We'd love to keep racing so if anyone from Ryde decides to sell any 2wd stock buggies in the future, id love to know. We will come out for the working bee in July, and if there is any other Pro4's running at the Titles we will definately be there for that, and will continue to head out to ryde for a bash on Saturdays.......
Old 06-16-2012, 01:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bungchow
Hi all.

Sorry joseph and I havnt been out in a while, I injured myself just after Anzac day and have been off work for 5 weeks so have been unable to get out for a run. I noticed in the results that Pro4 looks to have died off, i think the last time I raced it was just Joseph and I anyway, so I think we are going to put our cars on the shelf, its just not much fun running by ourselves. We'd love to keep racing so if anyone from Ryde decides to sell any 2wd stock buggies in the future, id love to know. We will come out for the working bee in July, and if there is any other Pro4's running at the Titles we will definately be there for that, and will continue to head out to ryde for a bash on Saturdays.......
Sorry to hear that you injured yourself Matt, I hope you are recovering well.

I am sure there are some 2wd buggies out there for sale, I might have a couple.
I guess you would need the Stock legal ESC's and motors as well ?
Would you require a servo and receiver in each or would you be using the receivers from your 4wd SCT's ?
If it means you guys can race then I will make it my top priority so that you guys can be a part of the action at Ryde.

Very good of you to help at the working bee, the more the better.

As for your 4wd SCT's, there is a SCT series starting up very soon, details here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...-sct-tour.html

We still are getting a few 4wd SCT's turning up from week to week, it hasn't totally died off, but 2wd stock buggies are definitely popular at the moment.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Here are the current point score lists for 2wd stock.
If there are any adding errors then please let me know.
Can someone do a double check on the numbers tally please ?
I've been very tired lately. . .

In regards to last Sunday's racing, as 2wd stock was the only class to have a final race run, I could not include it for the overall results.
Final results for last Sunday are dictated by the overall qualifying lists for every class.

Bear with me as I have the other classes sorted.
Attached Thumbnails Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-2wd-stock-sunday-2012.jpg   Ryde it like you stole it: the Ryde Drivers thread.-2wd-stock-saturday-2012.jpg  
Old 06-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cloaked if you can remember the horrible sounds coming from my SC10 last weekend which we thought may have been a gear mesh issue - it was 'cogging', the sensor cable had come unplugged from the ESC. If it's only happening at low speeds (it'll be most obvious when starting moving from a standstill), it'll almost certainly be that.
If the sensor cable is plugged in and the ESC is configured to use it (I don't know how to setup Hobbywings), and you've checked to see nothing's loose, the only way to really test if it's just cogging is change your gearing to as high a FDR as possible and see if it's less prevalent or gone altogether.

Anyone know what the state of the track will be today? Still very soft from the rain or useable?
Old 06-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nckmat
Before you do anything else try swapping out the sensor cable and/or swapping any two of the motor wires. I have found in the past that sometimes the motor wires aren't correct on Hobby Wings and simply swapping them over fixes the issue (which does sound like a grinding noise).

If that doesn't work try removing the bearings, if there is no sign of wear on the rotor it has to be one of these three causes as there isn't much else to a motor. Sensor, rotor, wires and bearings.
On the money Nick, removed the sensor cable and the stuttering went away.

Originally Posted by Crysto
Cloaked if you can remember the horrible sounds coming from my SC10 last weekend which we thought may have been a gear mesh issue - it was 'cogging', the sensor cable had come unplugged from the ESC. If it's only happening at low speeds (it'll be most obvious when starting moving from a standstill), it'll almost certainly be that.
If the sensor cable is plugged in and the ESC is configured to use it (I don't know how to setup Hobbywings), and you've checked to see nothing's loose, the only way to really test if it's just cogging is change your gearing to as high a FDR as possible and see if it's less prevalent or gone altogether.

Anyone know what the state of the track will be today? Still very soft from the rain or useable?
Nope it was the Sensor cable, once removed it was all good!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Checked out a new park walking distance from home today and it has bass huge pond plenty big enough to wind out the big boat and also has a 20m x 15m rock drainage area that is just crying out to be crawled.

Pete we finally have a boat test area with FRESH water! Even has a bench and a grass area to get boats ready.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default motor sensor signal checker

didn't realise there was such a product in the market. really handy to have a motor sensor checker if you have many BL sensored motors.

you can also use the Tekin RS/RSPro to check if you have a dodgy sensor cable but that may require you to solder the 3x motor cables first.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...hecking-Widget

Old 06-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bungchow
Hi all.

Maybe have a look at this good price now....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...ae-b4-1-a.html
Old 06-17-2012, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nckmat
You need the programming card and you just set timing to zero and it goes blinky.
Thanks nick will be purchased.....
Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Well I should of checked other peoples work before blaming my own.

Nick was right again, it was the wiring on the motor that was wrong, I just matched up the colours are the instructions say too... however the muppet at the factory either had a really big weekend or cant read. The A and C wires were mixed up thats why i was running in reverse and thats why the motor was sketchy at the start.

Just glad its all bloody sorted now!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.